The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Courtier

I've Met the Spanish Royals!

Just thought I'd share a little story of my own about my experince with the Spanish Royal family...

As a graduation gift from high school in May of 2001 my maternal grandparents offered to take me and a friends to Spain (I studied Spanish all four years of high school, as well as 2 years of junior high school). My grandparents booked the trip through a company known as INSIGHT, and we were scheduled to leave on September 12th 2001...unfortuanetly our trip was postponed due to the September 11th attacks...(I had no arguments, as a citizen of the US, my main focus was on praying for those who were touched personally by the attacks.)

Our trip was rescheduled and we left on October 12 2001 for Spain. While visiting the walled city of Toledo, we were told that we would be unable to visit a few of the historic cities landmarks, as the Royal Family was in town for an event that day, but we were able to walk passed and see the exterior of teh church that was being used for the event. (I don't remember what event it was although for some reason a marraige seems to stick out in my mind...) Security was stepped up, and their were Spanish police everywhere you turned, but either way the town was beautiful. We seemed to hit the church at the right time as many memebers of the Royal family were shaking hands with people, and I actually was able to shake hands with King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia and Crown Prince Felipe!!! I have pictures of my friend Cassie and I shaking hands with each of them that my granparents took, and we look a lot like the awe-struck teenagers not only that we were, but that seem to epitomize American's when meeting Royalty!

Old 11-08-2003, 01:11 AM
Royal Highness

Can you post them? That would be wonderful if you could post them and share them with us. Please Please do post :) Por Favor!

Chanel

Old 11-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Courtier

I'm going to try and load them on to my computer this evening, so hopefully I can post them with in the next few days, but my computer seems to dislike me these days, so we'll see what happens!
Ciao
Old 04-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

Did u ever upload them?
Old 04-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

nice story... i would really like to see the photos!
i saw them when i was in santiago de compostela when i finished the pilgrims' route to santiago de compostela. in summer, they do a fireworks show in the cathedral and they were in the balcony in front of it, in the plaza del obradoiro. it was nice because all the people started saying that they jump, because it's a tradition there that day. juan carlos did it but sofia didn't...
however, i couldn't shake hands with them... what a pity!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all

Tags
felipe, juan carlos i, personal meeting, prince of asturias, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -), spain, spanish royal family