Heights of the Spanish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
Comments have been made about the high heels she wears, to improve her height advantage.

Here is a specimen.

It looks to me, as if she is quite comfortable with this height, which is how many inches ?

Can other specimens of her high heels be posted here ?

Attachments

• ry_es_heels_DWF15_473375.jpeg
    ry_es_heels_DWF15_473375.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 793
Well, I just read on http://letiziaoritz.info/ that Letizia is 1.75 m tall, or 5'9"...hmmm, I just can't believe that. Maybe she's 5'9" in heels. CP Victoria is a little taller than Letizia in heels (when standing next to Felipe) and she is a known 5'6".

Originally posted by Julia@Nov 7th, 2003 - 3:15 am
Well, I just read on http://letiziaoritz.info/ that Letizia is 1.75 m tall, or 5'9"...hmmm, I just can't believe that.  Maybe she's 5'9" in heels.  CP Victoria is a little taller than Letizia in heels (when standing next to Felipe) and she is a known 5'6".
I read elsewhere that her height is 5'6", and given how tiny she looks next to Felipe in photos, that seems to me a more accurate guess than 5'9". If you say she's shorter than the 5'6" Victoria, perhaps then even 5'6" is an overshot. I personally doubt she'd be any shorter than 5'4", however.

Giorgio Armani? Will she have to stick to Spanish designers once she becomes a royal?

Originally posted by beebee@Nov 7th, 2003 - 10:31 pm
I read elsewhere that her height is 5'6", and given how tiny she looks next to Felipe in photos, that seems to me a more accurate guess than 5'9".  If you say she's shorter than the 5'6" Victoria, perhaps then even 5'6" is an overshot.  I personally doubt she'd be any shorter than 5'4", however.

Giorgio Armani?  Will she have to stick to Spanish designers once she becomes a royal?
I agree, beebee. I don't think that Letizia is shorter than 5'4". She couldn't be. So, maybe she's 5'5". A little shorter than Victoria but not 5'4". With Felipe being the giant he is it's so easy to forget that the average woman is 5'4"!

Interesting question about the Spanish designers. Alexandra of Denmark wore a wedding gown designed by a Danish designer and I am pretty sure most of her clothes are Danish in design. Doesn't Victoria prefer Swedish designs as well? I think it's a show of support for the designers of your country. Maybe Alexandra wears Danish creations to really show her support for Danish design and to establish a sense of solidarity. Perhaps, Letizia will wear some designs by Spanish designers and a mix of others as well.

I'm always confused with Letizias' height :wacko: because she seems shorter than all the Royal Family (i know they are very tall).......and we calculate height in cm and not in feet :(

Queen Sofia is 172cm. I would say Letizia is about 168-170cm, definitely not 175cm reported by the Spanish press.

She is not too short, but standing beside a giant family, she looks short. But on the other hand, she is very cuddly like by Felipe.

Letizia's height

I think Letizia is great, she is a wonderful addition to the Spanish Royal Family.
Can anyone tell me how tall she is, she seems so much shorter than Felipe?
Thanks Nicole

Originally posted by nicole31@Feb 18th, 2004 - 6:17 am

Thanks Nicole
I think that she is about 5'4".

Originally posted by Jacqueline+Feb 18th, 2004 - 10:45 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jacqueline @ Feb 18th, 2004 - 10:45 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nicole31@Feb 18th, 2004 - 6:17 am

Thanks Nicole
I think that she is about 5'4".[/b][/quote]
She is about 168cm. Princess Alexandra is 163cm (5'4'') and she looks shorter than Letizia when she stands next to Felipe (Alex usually wears very high heels). By the way, Queen Sofia is 172cm.

Click it twice or search for 'Alexandra Manley'

http://www.uppa.co.uk/search/comp.bhtml?ca...&first_match=60

She is the shorty of the famely, like me. But she still be more tall than i, i just have 1m65cm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And how much tall is she?I read somewhere that she's 162cm :rolleyes: :unsure:

This german newspaper claimed 1.68 meters (5'6). Could be true, because she looked about the same height as cp Victoria, when she stood next to her, and I know, that Victoria is 1,68m tall...and that Leti looks that tiny is probably, because Felipe is a giant.
IMO there´s one (almost) sure way to gain a bit...Felipe should make her a baby :woot: ;)

Originally posted by Lena@May 25th, 2004 - 3:24 pm

IMO there´s one (almost) sure way to gain a bit...Felipe should make her a baby :woot: ;)
Good idea!

Or she should take the pill than she would gain weight, too because her body would think she is preg :rolleyes:

OK. Here's a picture of Letizia with her TVE collegues. Either all of them are extremely short or the whole Spanish royal family is above average in height and that would make Letizia look extra short. It appears that she is wearing flat shoes in this photo too.

Photo

So my conclusion is that Letizia is actually the average height of about 5'6".

I would tend to think that the Spanish royal family is taller then average and that is why she appears short. My guess for heights is
  • Juan Carlos: 6'
  • Sofia: 5'7 or 5'8"
  • Felipe: 6'5"
  • Letizia: 5'6"
  • Elena: 5'9"
  • Jaime: 6'4"
  • Cristina: 5'10"
  • Inaki: 6'6"
Here's a photo of the Spanish royals at the theater last year. I know all the ladies have heels on so that needs to be taken into consideration.

Photo

Originally posted by Victoria@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 10:54 am
I ñaki is an inch taller than Felipe?
No. They are the same height. But Jaime de Marichalar is taller; he's the tallest in the family. Letizia, for her part, is not short--she's average to slightly above average in height. When you put together the fact that she's a very petite frame in a family of tall and not exactly small boned people, she just looks more tiny than she is, particularly next to her husband. As for her weight, I would guess it runs in the family, her sisters are even thiner than she is. So she's naturally thin, but with a lovely, shapely figure. I'm sure many woman, like myself, would be pleased with that blessing.

Letizia's height

Hi everyone, I didn't want to post anymore comments about Leti's height but just one more.... comparing her (in flats) to Queen Sophia ( in flats as well), Leti is definitly shorter. I would say she is about 5'5" :)

Spain's Queen Sofia (L) and Princess Letizia pose for photographers

I just see so many posts on other boards about her height being 5'7" and that is just not true:)

I am 5'7" and my other half is 6'5", with three inch heels (5'10") I reach well over his shoulders....

I am happy to see Leti getting along with everyone...Que Linda!!! :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom