General News & Information on the Spanish RF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone, princess or not, has their own destiny in their hands.
Perhaps Leonor will discover one day that she does not want to be queen, and she is her choice. No one will force her to do anything.
If Sofía wants to continue working for Casa Real, she has an exemplary behavior as "infanta", she will continue even when she is older and no one is going to expel her if she decides that she wants to continue contributing her work alongside her sister .
If she does not want to continue, she will have a job in a private company as Elena and Cristina have done.
Being two sisters, I think Sofía will stay by her sister's side to help her, but time will tell.
As for Felipe being a good or bad brother, there would be much to say because neither Elena nor Cristina have been a support for Felipe. Felipe defends the CROWN, they his own interests.

If I recall correctly, Felipe has said more than once that Sofia's job will be "to help her sister". Either officially and as a permanent role, or not, but they're not just going to kick her out the day she gets displaced as heir. If Sofia herself doesn't want to do it for the rest of her life, that's another story, but she seems to have a part to play if she does.

I would imagine they'd let her get as much education as possible, so she can either use it for Leonor's benefit or for her own, privately.

Sofía will be kicked out of the Casa Real the moment Leonor ascends the throne, just like her aunts were reduced from being members of the Casa Real to being members of the Familia del Rey. While Leonor might handle differently than her father in asking her sister to continue taking up a high number of events, it is a little weird to kick her out of the 'core family' but still expect her to behave as if she is still part of it (but it is equally weird to dispose of her as they did with Elena (and Cristina - although that process had already started earlier due to other reasons)).

Cristina became a problem because she was convicted, as was her husband (although the infanta was only sentenced to a fine and her husband to jail) and Elena has always been closer to Felipe, but she has also brought many problems to the royal house .
Just look up: Carlos García-Revenga and you can understand better.
Felipe has always been a good son, husband, father and brother.
And he is a wonderful king.
His sisters wanted to have a life of luxury that they could not achieve and that is why Felipe has had to make the rule in which the person of the royal family does not work for the Crown, he must have a job in a private company, so that there is no possibility of influence peddling and that with that, crimes can be committed. It is very logical.
All royal families are doomed to dispense with the "second" or "third", and that there is only one leading royal family. This is the monarchy. It is not a Spanish invention.
The second children, go to the background, because it is their destiny, as the first child has his destiny marked to be king or queen.

I always thought Elena and Cristina liked working for Royal House. I remember that there was a time between 2012 and 2014, even before Juan Carlos abdicated, when Elena had a very busy schedule and participated in many events representing Royal House.
I think Elena could still be a good asset for the Royal House, which currently only has five elements to work (King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor, Infanta Sofia and Reina Sofia), and Leonor and Sofia are still very young and they only participate in a few events, although they are already very prominent.

I think that Infanta Sofia will always be a support for Leonor, and will not be expelled from the Royal House when Leonor inherits the throne.

Last edited:
They could have kept the Infanta Elena on until at least the kings daughters were old to assume public duties on a semi official basis.Of the kings 2 sisters Elena is in a different league to Cristina who with Inaki did serious damage to the Crown.

They all come with baggage look at Letizia's loudmouth attention seeking aunt.

For the next 5+ years it will be God willing just the King,Queen and Queen Sofia.

They could have kept the Infanta Elena on until at least the kings daughters were old to assume public duties on a semi official basis.Of the kings 2 sisters Elena is in a different league to Cristina who with Inaki did serious damage to the Crown.

They all come with baggage look at Letizia's loudmouth attention seeking aunt.

For the next 5+ years it will be God willing just the King,Queen and Queen Sofia.
Carlos García Revenga (1955) was personal secretary to the infantas Elena and Cristina. He worked in La Zarzuela since 1993, in the time of Fernando Almansa, although his relationship with the infantas began years before at the Santa María del Camino school, where they both studied and he was a teacher.
Elena took him to Zarzuela and has had a rather negative influence on the "House" and on the infantas, especially Elena, of whom he is a personal friend.
Carlos García-Revega was treasurer in Noos, and attended the trial against Iñaki as a witness. I will never understand why this man was not implicated.
I don't remember exactly the year, because I wasn't following my royal family so much at that time, Carlos García-Revenga tried to make a profit-making economic partnership with Elena, but Casa Real, after Noos, cut it off in the bud. This man was a simple teacher who, thanks to the infantas, entered a world unthinkable for him. He rubbed shoulders with the highest society. He lived beyond his means. He has joined his name to many "gossip" and news that came out of the environment of Zarzuela always harming the then Princes of Asturias.
Iñaki and he, along with Cristina, sent many offensive messages that were about the princess, Jaime de Marichalar or even Queen Sofía herself.
When Felipe was proclaimed king, the secretariat of the infantas was disbanded, and García-Revenga was fired. This man sued Casa Real for unfair dismissal and threatened in many media about "talking about the royal family" ... and despite everything, Elena has been photographed with him on lunch outings or with friends.
Who thinks that Felipe VI can trust these two sisters? No one in their right mind.
García Revenga, it is said, has a strange influence on the Infanta Elena, which has made her side with this man and not with his brother and his king. It was Elena who took this man to the Secretariat of the Infantas.

Last edited:
Cristina became a problem because she was convicted, as was her husband (although the infanta was only sentenced to a fine and her husband to jail) and Elena has always been closer to Felipe, but she has also brought many problems to the royal house .
Just look up: Carlos García-Revenga and you can understand better.
Felipe has always been a good son, husband, father and brother.
And he is a wonderful king.
His sisters wanted to have a life of luxury that they could not achieve and that is why Felipe has had to make the rule in which the person of the royal family does not work for the Crown, he must have a job in a private company, so that there is no possibility of influence peddling and that with that, crimes can be committed. It is very logical.
All royal families are doomed to dispense with the "second" or "third", and that there is only one leading royal family. This is the monarchy. It is not a Spanish invention.
The second children, go to the background, because it is their destiny, as the first child has his destiny marked to be king or queen.

Of course the king cannot make a rule that his sibling need to have a job in a private company. Is he going to force someone to accept his siblings as employee?

The rule that was instituted (wasn't it done by Juan Carlos instead of Felipe) was that they are no longer official members of the royal house and therefore don't do (regular) royal engagements. So yes, they are LEFT to fend for themselves but not ORDERED to take a job. What is he going to do if they decide they have enough money to live on? Or if they have a spouse who earns sufficient money, so they prefer to take up charity work? He cannot put them in jail for disobeying their brother...

Many people here have argued that if a royal family wants to dispense (as you put it) of the future monarch's siblings, they should do it straight away and NOT require that sibling to first take up royal duties until they are middle-aged and then suddenly kick them out. Unfortunately, that is what the Spanish royal house seems to be doing: the message to Sofía is 'you have to support your sister' but that is only valid until they no longer need her. That is problematic - as we can for example currently see with Joachim of Denmark who has a really hard time adjusting to a different life as this is slowly happening to him (at least not as drastic as in the case of the Spanish royals but it is clear as day that he is unhappy about it).

García Revenga, it is said, has a strange influence on the Infanta Elena, which has made her side with this man and not with his brother and his king. It was Elena who took this man to the Secretariat of the Infantas.

I always thought it was king Juan Carlos who introduced Carlos García Revenga to the Royal House in the 1990's and the King appointed him Secretary to the Infantas?

He was a very shady individual and the king did his older sister a huge favour and besides they no longer needed a secretary post JC.
I read awhile ago he was dating a cousin of the kings, though not sure how credible that was.

Last edited:
I always thought it was king Juan Carlos who introduced Carlos García Revenga to the Royal House in the 1990's and the King appointed him Secretary to the Infantas?

He was a very shady individual and the king did his older sister a huge favour and besides they no longer needed a secretary post JC.
I read awhile ago he was dating a cousin of the kings, though not sure how credible that was.

It was the Infanta Elena who brought that man to the Secretary, and therefore to Zarzuela.
And I know that he was dating an aristocrat, Mencía Morales and Borbón Dos Sicilias (daughter of Inés de Borbón-Dos Sicilias, Duchess of Siracusa and first cousin of King Juan Carlos).
It is said that García Revenga was choosing Elena's friends, even excluding childhood friends and accepting her most flattering friends into the circle. Quite a dismal character

PD: I have found something for you:

"Carlos García Revenga became part of the Royal Household service in 1993, the very King Juan Carlos I asked him to do so twice. Until then, his professional career had been in teaching, specifically at the Santa María del Camino school. , but at the request of the king in 1993 he became personal secretary to his daughters, Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina. "

Of course it is the king who asks him, but he was already the guardian(Tutor) of the Infanta Elena, and she is the one who asks her father to hire him.

Last edited:
Of course the king cannot make a rule that his sibling need to have a job in a private company. Is he going to force someone to accept his siblings as employee?
Many people here have argued that if a royal family wants to dispense (as you put it) of the future monarch's siblings, they should do it straight away and NOT require that sibling to first take up royal duties until they are middle-aged and then suddenly kick them out. Unfortunately, that is what the Spanish royal house seems to be doing: the message to Sofía is 'you have to support your sister' but that is only valid until they no longer need her. That is problematic - as we can for example currently see with Joachim of Denmark who has a really hard time adjusting to a different life as this is slowly happening to him (at least not as drastic as in the case of the Spanish royals but it is clear as day that he is unhappy about it).

Like I said, everyone is free to choose their path as Harry has.
Infantas, Spanish infants, are educated so that the Crown is the first thing in their life and their loyalty to the king, until the end of her life.
If you knew the story of many Spanish infantas and infantes, so exciting and loyal to their king-queen, it would be wonderful because you would better understand what the Spanish royal house asks of its sons-daughters.
No one can force anyone to do something they don't want to, don't twist my words, because what I'm telling you is that everyone has the freedom to choose.
Simply, a person, man or woman, is supposed to WANT to work, right? We are in the 21st century and work honors.
You are simply given the ability to work either indoors or out, but not in both places at the same time. It is very logical and understandable.
If Sofia does not want to work and marries a billionaire, it will be her decision.
If Sofia does not want to help her sister, no one will be able to force her.
But ALL second or third siblings of royal families work for the crown as long as they are active members and their parents live or reign. Then they go into the background, but it's in ALL royal families.
It's very difficult to understand? I do not think so. Simply Felipe VI, gives the option: you work within the royal family or you work outside, but not both at the same time.

Coat of Arms

Does anybody else find it odd that Queen Letizia has never been awarded an official coat of arms? In fact, if I am not mistaken, among the members of the Spanish Royal Family, only the King, the Princess of Asturias and King Juan Carlos have official arms in Spain (I am not sure about Queen Sofia). Why is that?

It looks as if Mbruno's specific question hasn't been answered yet in the linked thread, so I will reply there.

I think the last time we say them there for Easter Mass was in April 2019?

I wonder whether they prefer not to attend (making a visit to Mallorca unnecessary) and after 2 years of no attendance due to Covid, the war in Ukraine is more of an excuse than a reason to skip attendance another year (in the end, Letizia doesn't have good memories of the Easter mass (of 2018)).

I wonder if queen Sofia will still travel to Palma de Mallorca with her sister,queen Sofia always appears more relaxed here than queen Letizia.

I wonder if queen Sofia will still travel to Palma de Mallorca with her sister,queen Sofia always appears more relaxed here than queen Letizia.

I don't see a reason why queen Sofia would not travel to Mallorca. Their last Easter visit (2019) also had Sofia staying on the island for an extended period of time and Letizia and the girls only arriving on Saturday night; just in time for the mass on Sunday.

Information about the studies of the children of Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina:

Victoria de Marichalar, daughter of Infanta Elena, enrolled in Marketing and Communication at The College for International Studies (CIS), a private school. But it seems she has already dropped out of school.

Felipe de Marichalar, son of Infanta Elena, does not study either, since he finished his first two courses and no longer returned to the center where he was enrolled.

Irene Urdangarin, daughter of Infanta Cristina, is studying in Geneva, and according to Vanitatis, Infanta Cristina is worried about her daughter's grades and fears that she will not finish her studies this year.

Juan Urdangarin, son of Infanta Cristina, studied international relations at the University of Essex, and also dedicated himself to volunteer work. It seems that now he lives between Madrid and Geneva and is not dedicated to anything concrete.

Pablo Urdangarin, son of Infanta Cristina, studies Sports Management at the European University in Barcelona. He is also dedicated to his sporting career without neglecting his studies.

Miguel Urdangarin, son of Infanta Cristina, is the most diligent in his studies. He studies Marine Sciences in Great Britain.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...udios-empollon-marichalar-urdangarin_3486670/

Will anything special be done to celebrate Princess Leonor's 18th birthday?

Will anything special be done to celebrate Princess Leonor's 18th birthday?

Nothing is known as yet but the Spanish RF are very low key and there was no celebration for the queen's recent 50th birthday.
Casareal are not very media savvy and lag well behind other Royal Houses by a decade.

Maybe an official photo (day dress, no tiara), and if there's an official event, it's probably something very matter-of-fact, and more on the boring side. Like meeting the government, or similar. I don't expect any glamorous event for her birthday, because that's just not how things are done in Spain.

There will be an official event to mark Leonor's 18th birthday, which will be the oath of the constitution.
Yes, I also believe that there will be official photos and there may be another event.

A private family reunion of King Juan Carlos, Infanta Margarita and her family took place during the Sanxenxo Boat Race in Sanxenxo today, September 28.

** gtresnews gallery **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom