The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 06-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Iain's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally posted by Dulce Elena@May 23rd, 2004 - 5:34 pm
I love Queen Sophia and Queen Elizabeth. A lot of people find them cold and distant or unapproachable, but I feel like they are very warm people who are bearing heavy burdens under which they must remain composed. They are both super-queens and we might not see their kind in the future.

Queen Sofia does appear to be very warm but Queen Elizabeth is cold and distant. Anyone who saw her the day she went to Dunblane after the masacre will tell you how cold she is. How any person, but especially a mother and grandmother, could visit that place and not show any emotion is beyond belief. Queens Sofia, Beatrix and Margarethe or any other King or Queen would have wept and hugged the parents but not Elizabeth. Many in Scotland turned against her that day.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-20-2004, 12:21 AM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally posted by Iain@Jun 16th, 2004 - 9:30 am
Queen Elizabeth is cold and distant. Anyone who saw her the day she went to Dunblane after the masacre will tell you how cold she is. How any person, but especially a mother and grandmother, could visit that place and not show any emotion is beyond belief. Queens Sofia, Beatrix and Margarethe or any other King or Queen would have wept and hugged the parents but not Elizabeth. Many in Scotland turned against her that day.
It seems that Queen Elizabeth II maintains control of her emotions by detaching herself from the situation at hand. She was brought up to never show her emotions in public. Usually the more cold she seems, the more emotionally affected she is. I am not excusing her--I think she needs to learn and know it is OK as a Queen and human being to show true emotion.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally posted by electrivicki@Jan 29th, 2004 - 10:42 pm
"Each country is connected to it's monarchy for different reasons" :P :P :P :P :P :P

There isn't that "connection" in Spain.

Millions of spaniards hate the royal family,maybe latinoamericans love spanish royals ...¡HERE WE HATE THEM!
Of course this is your opinion...
We can always see the popular support to the Royal Faily...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally posted by electrivicki@Jan 29th, 2004 - 11:10 pm
¿Proofs?

There isn't freedom of expression in Spain.The spanish monarchy works as a dictadure....

The british newspapers can opine against british royals...HERE,THAT'S IMPOSIBLE

¿Do you understand me?....my english is bad,but I think you can understand me...
it's not a question of having no freedom of expression... it's a question of respect... and the spanish do respect its Royal Family...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Spain
Posts: 22
I think monarchy is stable in Spain. In most polls, monarchy is the most "credible" institution among Spaniards. Being a country where nationalism in some regions (Catalonia and the Basque Country) is very strong, the major political parties (right wing PP and socialist PSOE) support monarchy and don´t question it because, if things go wrong, at least there will be a "central" representative of all the Spanish territories, i.e., the King. Then Spain would be a loose confederation of semi-independent States like the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Spain
Posts: 22
The King has little power. According to the Constitution, the King cannot sign any decree without the approval of the Government. He doesn´t preside over the Cabinet neither. He cannot propose any law. He just proposes to the Parliament as a Prime Minister the person who has won a general election. Therefore, he has more or less the same powers as Queen Elizabeth. The only difference is that when he opens a Parliament session, his speech is not the new Government´s programme. In that speech he reflects his own thoughts, trying not to be partisan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Spain
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by P******
There's maybe no censorship in other subjets in Spain, but when it comes to the Monarchy oh yes... It sure there is... Look what the papers did with Eva Sanum and other Felipe's girlfriends, the press did butch meat with them and all whith the annuence of Juan Carlos and Sofia... but now because Felipe gave an ultimatum they put their marketing dogs to work and they are being shouting mouthes since the fiance's announcement cirque. And almost nobody wants to publish anything bad or about the pass of Letizia because they know they can't loose their jobs, their friends, everything, is just one of those non written laws. Everybody know that in Spain. I don't mean to sound bitter or rude, but this is the true and nothing else. Did you know that even Letizia's divorce papers are in one security box, under seven keys ? Ask yourself why and why no one ask about it... Everybody knows (because we are not dumbs) that Letizia was still legally married when she and the Prince was hanging around and she just become divorce on the days before the royal marriage.
There is no censorship about any subject, including the Royal Family. As a proof of it, remember that a nude portrait of Princess Letizia apperared on the press. I know some people would like that the Spanish press would act in a tabloid manner, but that is another question. Books are published in Spain critizing the private lives of the Spanish royals (for example, the book "La soledad del Rey"). The figures of Spanish Royal Family should be treated with more respect because royals -thank God- cannot go to defend themselves to those horrible TV reality shows like "Crónicas marcianas" (by the way, in that TV show they often critizice monarchy as an institution).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by P******
Look at Juan Carlos de Borbon and Sofia, they started with nothing, now they are millionaires !!!... And still the people of Spain have to pay Royal taxes and fees for those "suckopteros" to have vacations on the last corner of the world, private jets, servants, first education, first healths providers...while there's people in Spain that can't pay a single appartment not to mention vacations. Why ?.

Can someone tells me what goods brings the monarchy to any country ?.

Can someone tell me what DO I HAVE TO PAY to have one Letizia, if Felipe was born with the so called "blue blood" that's not Letizias case....she's nothing, just like you and me but was cold enough to scalate ... and even if the marriage was for LOVE, so what ? I did get marry in love and noone pay my bills..... why do I have to pay for that &*^%&&^ so called Princess ?. She's NOTHING and means NOTHING to me and to my family. After Juan Carlos I don't give a dime for the Monarchy in Spain.

If anyone could be a Princess, anyone could be a King or what is better, No More Royal Family Anymore !!!.
Many people who are now millionaires and billionaires started with nothing and now have access to or even own several private jets, own mansions and self-described palaces and their children get the very best education money can offer. So I don't think Juan Carlos and Sofia are unlike others.

While Felipe could've married someone who had blue blood he did not. And while he married a commoner its not as if he and Letizia sit around their home watching television and "hanging out" all on the Spanish tax payer's expense. While they certainly have a cushier life than most others, Felipe and Letizia also work very hard on behalf of the Spanish people -- even if you do not value that work. Consider how exttensively they travelled in the weeks and months after their wedding to represent Spain, from within and around Spain to Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

I think the asset of royals is that because they are neutral they can represent their country completely without undertones of politics or partisan values. And when you have royals to represent you, you allow the government to focus on developing and improving policies that would best serve your people rather than flying half way around the world to meet a new incoming president. Think about how much time Felipe and Letizia have sent since May in South America, from their visit to meet President Fox and earlier this month to attend the innauguration of the new incoming president of the Dominican Republic. Nearly two weeks combined spent on both those trips which, while nation building and nation supporting, would've taken the President/Prime Minister away from working to better Spain. And even if he had gone, he would've represented a certain set of political values -- values that if Felipe and Letizia have or share or disagree with were not as evident.

Monarchies are representatives of their countries and act as bridges between the various political parties. Consider the aftermath of the March 11 attacks in Spain. Many Spaniards were upset with Anzar's government for sending Spanish troops into the war in the first place and the new incoming government opposed the war. And in the middle were the royal family who grieved and mourned with the nation in a way that neither of the party leaders could.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by P******
There's maybe no censorship in other subjets in Spain, but when it comes to the Monarchy oh yes... It sure there is... Look what the papers did with Eva Sanum and other Felipe's girlfriends, the press did butch meat with them and all whith the annuence of Juan Carlos and Sofia... but now because Felipe gave an ultimatum they put their marketing dogs to work and they are being shouting mouthes since the fiance's announcement cirque. And almost nobody wants to publish anything bad or about the pass of Letizia because they know they can't loose their jobs, their friends, everything, is just one of those non written laws. Everybody know that in Spain. I don't mean to sound bitter or rude, but this is the true and nothing else. Did you know that even Letizia's divorce papers are in one security box, under seven keys ? Ask yourself why and why no one ask about it... Everybody knows (because we are not dumbs) that Letizia was still legally married when she and the Prince was hanging around and she just become divorce on the days before the royal marriage.
Nobody has ever been able to prove that there is censorship in Spain, related to the monarchy or reaching outside of it. In this thread especially some people keep bringing it up but nobody has any proof of it. A very good point I see here: if there is legimately censorship in Spain, why are ex-pats not exposing the truth about the monarchy? Perhaps because there is no truth in these allegations?

As far as I see, the Spanish media is not doing anything different than what the Danish media are doing. The Spanish media want access to the royal family because there is interest by their readers and viewers. They would not be critical of Letizia, her divorce, her family, her clothes, her hair, or whatever for fear of being cut off from the royal court. If they were to say now that Letizia is inappropriate for the role of Queen, when Letizia has her first baby the royal court would no doubt prevent them access to the official presentation of the baby or send them news updates or pictures.

And while ideally the media should be objective, fair and honest, when it comes down to it, the media is a business like any other. Publishers and CEOS and producers want their newspapers, magazines, television networks to make money so that they can make money in turn. And as long as Letizia draws interest good or bad and sells those papers and magazines and news shows through their ads and commercials, then the media will continue to cozy up to the royal house so that they can continue their access.

The same goes in Denmark with CP Mary. Nobody is screaming censorship in Denmark because not a single drop of negative ink has been spilled about Mary. She is an international fashion icon, she is an inspiration to Hollywood, she is a star in Athens, she is the prettiest CP in all of Europe, she is the smartest woman on earth, etc. The Danish media wants to be there when Mary has her first baby and if they make criticisms of her, even light or honest ones, they know that they will be cut off from her and the rest of the royal family by extension.

As for Letizia's divorce papers, why should the media have access to it? Letizia's divorce is nobody's business but hers and that of her ex-husband's.

And if your speculations -- and that is all they are -- are right that Letizia and Felipe were friends before her divorce was final -- so what? Was Letizia not allowed to have any male friends until those divorce papers were signed? Even if her marriage was obviously over and she and her husband were living seperate lives, was she supposed to walk around with a big M on her chest stating that she was married and hence could not have male friends until her divorce was final? So what if they were friends? Women seperated from their husbands, or even married women aren't allowed to have friends of the opposite sex?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-21-2004, 12:28 PM
lucys's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 997
I would suggest that you ignore the posts by this newest member--the board name this person has selected says all you need to know. It is a flagrant insult and should not be permitted on this board. This poster has come only to speak ill and spread salacious gossip in an effort to slander another persons reputation. Ignoring this poster, IMO, is the best option.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Ennyllorac's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,980
Very well said Genevieve!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
I would suggest that you ignore the posts by this newest member--the board name this person has selected says all you need to know. It is a flagrant insult and should not be permitted on this board. This poster has come only to speak ill and spread salacious gossip in an effort to slander another persons reputation. Ignoring this poster, IMO, is the best option.
Thank you lucys very much. This matter is being looked into and will be resolved ASAP with the member.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Spain
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Nobody has ever been able to prove that there is censorship in Spain, related to the monarchy or reaching outside of it. In this thread especially some people keep bringing it up but nobody has any proof of it. A very good point I see here: if there is legimately censorship in Spain, why are ex-pats not exposing the truth about the monarchy? Perhaps because there is no truth in these allegations?

As far as I see, the Spanish media is not doing anything different than what the Danish media are doing. The Spanish media want access to the royal family because there is interest by their readers and viewers. They would not be critical of Letizia, her divorce, her family, her clothes, her hair, or whatever for fear of being cut off from the royal court. If they were to say now that Letizia is inappropriate for the role of Queen, when Letizia has her first baby the royal court would no doubt prevent them access to the official presentation of the baby or send them news updates or pictures.

And while ideally the media should be objective, fair and honest, when it comes down to it, the media is a business like any other. Publishers and CEOS and producers want their newspapers, magazines, television networks to make money so that they can make money in turn. And as long as Letizia draws interest good or bad and sells those papers and magazines and news shows through their ads and commercials, then the media will continue to cozy up to the royal house so that they can continue their access.

The same goes in Denmark with CP Mary. Nobody is screaming censorship in Denmark because not a single drop of negative ink has been spilled about Mary. She is an international fashion icon, she is an inspiration to Hollywood, she is a star in Athens, she is the prettiest CP in all of Europe, she is the smartest woman on earth, etc. The Danish media wants to be there when Mary has her first baby and if they make criticisms of her, even light or honest ones, they know that they will be cut off from her and the rest of the royal family by extension.

As for Letizia's divorce papers, why should the media have access to it? Letizia's divorce is nobody's business but hers and that of her ex-husband's.

And if your speculations -- and that is all they are -- are right that Letizia and Felipe were friends before her divorce was final -- so what? Was Letizia not allowed to have any male friends until those divorce papers were signed? Even if her marriage was obviously over and she and her husband were living seperate lives, was she supposed to walk around with a big M on her chest stating that she was married and hence could not have male friends until her divorce was final? So what if they were friends? Women seperated from their husbands, or even married women aren't allowed to have friends of the opposite sex?
I agree with you Genevieve!!! :) :) :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-23-2004, 02:19 AM
NJRedDevils's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: WPB, Australia
Posts: 130
whether you like Spain's new Crown Princess or any other new Crown Princess or you don't.. At the end of the day your not married to them, CP Felipe, CP Frederik, CP Hakkon are married to them and they married them for love not for what you view their wives as. You don't like the Spanish Royal family or others tough luck they are there and there is nothing you can do about them and who they marry , whether you approve or not. i may not like the new Crown Princess of Spain but i don't insult her on a public board, i have my feelings and i keep them to myself and that is something you should do.

For most respect other members of this board they don't want to hear you bad mouthing someone that they like. You don't like her then don't come here go to another board.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-27-2004, 04:03 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1
Of course, I will never married such person without character, I may not be rich not my husband but we are usefull to the society. Is all about principles. Once Letizia was the paradigm of the pro abortion, republican and atheist's womans in Spain, is nothing wrong with that, she told everyone she was proud to pay her own rent, she dosen't even like mans sending her flowers (she used to saw that as an machist attitude) there's a couple of cronics about it, and now all the sudden she's not only the real utherus but is kissing saint's feets all around every time, there's almost no picture without Letizia kissing San Fulano or San Mengano's feets, if the Monarchy believe that this marketing campaigne will be susccesfull they don't now who wrong their are, every day Letizia seems more distant to the people. Is so pathetic. Not to mention that now she live on our taxes and buy his clothes at the finest stores, she dosen't care anymore about her career, she left every principle, every conquist behind, everything for was she fought, but wait a minut...she has what she always wanted behind her progresive mask, lets see how long she can stand that life because she's not used to be the second and live mouth shut or be the last one in the list. And the monarchy, please, always playing the most conservative role, all those years...making butch meat of the other Felipe's girlfriends or friends without compasion or regards, even womans like Sartorious, who's not only from the same world but was never married before and was really pretty back on those days didn't scape from the press, noone was never good enough for the Prince in their parent's eyes, but suddently a divorced, pro abortion and non religious woman is the right one, of course, thanks to Felipe's ultimatum. After all he's 35, is now or never. Noone can denied the fact that if the press is not talking about Letizia, except for the good things, is because the Monarchy sent a message, subliminal or not, that this time nobody in the press could open the pandora's box like before, who wants to se a future daughter in law, princess of asturias, venting her life on the press. Oh Spanyards, you can pay for the princess but you cannot know about her past, you have to like her no matter what !. The King and the Queen may play the "Happiest persons in the whole word" but everybody knows that is all a facade. Oh not to mention Letizia's family, they will finish all in good positions and buying at Christian Dior is just a matter of time....The Queen Sofia especially has not and will never agree with such matrimony inside her soul, but she's polite and educated enought to keeping the sadness for herself and smart enough not to provoce an abdication because she cares a lot about the royal crown and the succesion, but a lot of people in Spain, and I mean A LOT, dosen't agree with and dosen't like Letizia, in fact the people here is Juancarlist, not Felipista and never the less Letizista. So the future of the Monarchy in Spain is not secure anymore because people say and not without reason: if anyone can be Queen anyone can be King. The only reason to maintain the monarchy is their "blue blood", their royal ancestors, their family, the good they did once for Spain's democracy, for other things there's the Prime Minister, besides that there's no need to maintain a lovely couple half monarch half proletary, why ? I'd never liked the monarchy but I get to understand they where a symbol, can someone tell me what is Letizia a symbol for ?.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 AM
lapopdiva's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: alkmaar, Netherlands
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeroTolerancia
Of course, I will never married such person without character, I may not be rich not my husband but we are usefull to the society. Is all about principles. Once Letizia was the paradigm of the pro abortion, republican and atheist's womans in Spain, is nothing wrong with that, she told everyone she was proud to pay her own rent, she dosen't even like mans sending her flowers (she used to saw that as an machist attitude) there's a couple of cronics about it, and now all the sudden she's not only the real utherus but is kissing saint's feets all around every time, there's almost no picture without Letizia kissing San Fulano or San Mengano's feets, if the Monarchy believe that this marketing campaigne will be susccesfull they don't now who wrong their are, every day Letizia seems more distant to the people. Is so pathetic. Not to mention that now she live on our taxes and buy his clothes at the finest stores, she dosen't care anymore about her career, she left every principle, every conquist behind, everything for was she fought, but wait a minut...she has what she always wanted behind her progresive mask, lets see how long she can stand that life because she's not used to be the second and live mouth shut or be the last one in the list. And the monarchy, please, always playing the most conservative role, all those years...making butch meat of the other Felipe's girlfriends or friends without compasion or regards, even womans like Sartorious, who's not only from the same world but was never married before and was really pretty back on those days didn't scape from the press, noone was never good enough for the Prince in their parent's eyes, but suddently a divorced, pro abortion and non religious woman is the right one, of course, thanks to Felipe's ultimatum. After all he's 35, is now or never. Noone can denied the fact that if the press is not talking about Letizia, except for the good things, is because the Monarchy sent a message, subliminal or not, that this time nobody in the press could open the pandora's box like before, who wants to se a future daughter in law, princess of asturias, venting her life on the press. Oh Spanyards, you can pay for the princess but you cannot know about her past, you have to like her no matter what !. The King and the Queen may play the "Happiest persons in the whole word" but everybody knows that is all a facade. Oh not to mention Letizia's family, they will finish all in good positions and buying at Christian Dior is just a matter of time....The Queen Sofia especially has not and will never agree with such matrimony inside her soul, but she's polite and educated enought to keeping the sadness for herself and smart enough not to provoce an abdication because she cares a lot about the royal crown and the succesion, but a lot of people in Spain, and I mean A LOT, dosen't agree with and dosen't like Letizia, in fact the people here is Juancarlist, not Felipista and never the less Letizista. So the future of the Monarchy in Spain is not secure anymore because people say and not without reason: if anyone can be Queen anyone can be King. The only reason to maintain the monarchy is their "blue blood", their royal ancestors, their family, the good they did once for Spain's democracy, for other things there's the Prime Minister, besides that there's no need to maintain a lovely couple half monarch half proletary, why ? I'd never liked the monarchy but I get to understand they where a symbol, can someone tell me what is Letizia a symbol for ?.
Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, according to has been able to confirm Elsemanaldigital.com, very are satisfied with how the news of the connection of Princes de Asturias as well as of the high degree of acceptance of the future Queen of Spain by the public opinion has been developed. From the first moment at which Don Felipe presented/displayed to its fiancèe in the Zarzuela took place a great current of affection between Doña Sofía and Doña Letizia, they have indicated sources next to the Real House. Mainly the common tastes by Literature and music have turned them great friends from a first moment. To Reina it pleased the interest to him that had Doña Letizia to at night attend Monday the concert of tribute of the Russian violoncelista Mstislav Rostropovich. Doña Sofía the decision made by Don Felipe has not surprised him anything. When one found out that relation knew that there would be many common points, like the world of the media, that always has fascinated and interested enormously to Don Felipe, as well as the international policy. The prudence of Doña Letizia, but simultaneously its clarity of judgment and maturity, is another subject that has approached Reina with its future daughter-in-law. Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía also has valued who Doña Letizia, journalist daughter and granddaughter of journalists, has maintained with as much discretion the relation that maintained with Prince de Asturias. Although they are known personally from September of 2002, sources of the Zarzuela have also confirmed that the engagement of Princes de Asturias has been very fast.THAT WAS IN NOVEMBER 2003. LETS GO TO AUGUST 2004.
SPECTACULAR SUCCESS Doña Letizia has become the star of the Borbones the critics of before and after the wedding they have been very back, the summer of 2004 has consecrated Doña Letizia as the great star of the Borbones, dear and respected woman. 8 of August. That the Prince is another person, nobody it doubt. That the Royal Family has received with the opened arms to Doña Letizia either is no secret. But that so just a short time Doña Letizia has become the more popular European Princess and the woman of the photographed and followed royalty more it has turned everything a phenomenon that has surprised same Don Juan Carlos. A morning in the Naútico the best example of all it is to see how its presence is lived in the Navigation of Palm where it has become only center of attention and where it revolutionizes with his presence the sport facilities. The Real Club Nautical of Palm lived for example Friday, of eleven in the morning to twelve of the noon, the most intense hour since the past Monday the Glass of the King Of the hand of prince Felipe began and accompanied by the Its Majestys Kings, Doña Letizia Ortiz stepped on the sport facilities for the first time. And the debut had the ingredients of the great occasions: races and pushes of credited reporters, escorts more nervous of habitual, the organizing thing looking for its place in the picture and a peculiar multitude of digital camera in hand exerting of unexpected reporters. The protagonist smiled resolute and interchanged commentaries with Reina, but at no moment was it overwhelmed to have to support as much attention. It dressed white trousers and pink t-shirt. And after putting with the Prince and the Kings in the terrace of Navigation, it accompanied them until the cafeteria, where it occupied next to the Prince and Reina a table in one of the corners of the premises and shared animated conversation with the regatistas that were there. Nerves in the terrace When char it infant Cristina was united, who patronea the Azur de Puig. Reina requested a water without gas and Doña Letizia a Coca-Cola. The bar was the refuge that protected them of the reporters who waited their opportunity after the security cord that the escorts had mounted in the terrace, where everything were nerves to obtain one more a photo of the Princess. As much he is thus, that when the King to eleven and the twenty left the cafeteria to embark next to his crew in the rubber dinghy that habitually takes it until the dockage of the Loafer, no camera went off and no reporter followed it. The King happened more in front of the group like a regatista. In this occasion the topic that yes equals it to its resemblances was really certain. Goodbye and commentary the time urged to the regatistas. Some of the sailboats began to cast off. Doña Letizia took leave of the Prince, pattern of sailboat CAM, affectionately. Later it remained minutes more in the cafeteria talking with Reina, that went away to turn particular his cicerone by Navigation. From the cafeteria to the store of the club mounted specially in the occasion of the Glass of King Doña Sofía she warned aloud that she did not want photos there inside, request that the escorts understood perfectly. It gave a general glance and the Vanguard went with Doña Letizia until the exhibitor of the newspaper. Jokes with the journalists Reina and Princess de Asturias greeted and talked during minutes with Mariàngel journalist Palace, that habitually covers the information with the Royal Family, as well as with Jaime Enseñat There, president of the organizing committee of the Glass, that was united to the conversation. The return by Navigation continued, although this time by inaccessible dependencies for the informers. Minutes later Doña Letizia and Reina returned to appear, but this time arranged to line up the exit. However, Doña Letizia before wanted to return to stop and to greet some old companions of profession, like Carmen Rigalt, Carmen Enríquez or Maria Eugenia Yagüe, before those who I joke ': "I am going to put the uniform to me of the regatas so that you get tired to do photos to me". Likeable but in its site the rest of the conversation, in which also Reina took part, was full of commitment phrases. Doña Letizia asked if the journalists went every day to Navigation and Reina if the lights already distinguished each navigation two-color pencils. After leaving Navigation, Doña Letizia, Reina, Irene of Greece and the Fruchaud marriage they moved until the Formentor hotel, where they had lunch in the terace.So what the problem?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Spain
Posts: 22
Our Monarchy, since its restauration in 1975, has been the Monarchy "of all Spaniards", a framework of liberties and freedom never known before in the entire history of Spain. The individual and collective freedom has never been so well preserved thanks to this framework, not to mention the international prestige of Spain due to the fact of having a King as a head of State, who has family links with most European royal families, and therefore is the best ambassador of Spain.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Saturn's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 168
I think the main problem is that Spaniards are not monarchical, they are essentially Juancarloist, they respect the King but it's a question mark what will happen when Felipe becomes a king.
Knowing Spain nationalist problems the King tries to be ‘the King of all Spaniards’ but it doesn’t work because in the Basque country and Catalonia consider that this are only empty words and they want actions.
The Royal Family has always had a strong support from the catholic church and from the aristocracy but neither of them will accept a commoner divorcee as a future queen of Spain.
Another problem is the media, at present the press is strictly controlled and heavily censored but everyday is more and more difficult to keep this control.
And finally, some politicians would like to take advantage of the fact that the constitution has to be changed to demote the Monarchy to a mere ceremonial role (that's why the Royal Family is reticent to change the succession law), anyway they try to be very discreet because they know a scandal would definitely be extremely harmful and devastating for the Monarchy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,047
LA REPÚBLICA COMO MITO:
La Monarquia
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn
The Royal Family has always had a strong support from the catholic church and from the aristocracy but neither of them will accept a commoner divorcee as a future queen of Spain.
The Church and the Nobles were far more powerful between 1932 to 1975 and there was no King at all.

The monarchy does not depend on the Church and the Nobles but on the Constitution. The very same Constitution which has limited the powers of the Church and the Nobles. The very same Constitution which is now undermining the male-preferred succession in the Spanish Nobility. The very same Constitution which will allow Infanta Leonor to become Queen of Spain.

By the way, to the best of my knowledge the couple were married by no one else than His Eminence Antonio María Cardinal Rouco Varela, Archbishop of Madrid and Primate of Spain. The marriage took place in the Cathedral of Santa María la Real de La Almudena and was broadcast worldwide. So how can you say that the Church did not accept this marriage????
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
future of the monarchy, spain, spanish nobility, spanish royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Future Female Monarchs azile Royalty Past, Present, and Future 111 08-13-2013 06:30 PM
Nikolai and Felix: What will they do in the Future? Julia Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 52 07-02-2011 12:31 PM
Preferred Wives For William and Harry clar Prince William and Prince Harry 2078 11-17-2010 08:49 PM
Queen Sofia's Spanish Duke of Marmalade King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 40 04-21-2008 06:03 PM
Spanish Royals At The Sydney Olympic Games Alexandria Royal Family of Spain 6 04-23-2004 05:57 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals diana engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess charlene daytime fashion princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]