The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

First Communions of Juan, Pablo and Victoria; May 23 and 27, 2009

From La Vanguardia newspaper

The infantas Elena and Cristina prepare these days the first communions of their children Juan and Pablo Urdangarin and Victoria de Marichalar.

The children of the duke and duchess of Palma, of 9 and 8 years, will receive the sacrament on Saturday, the 23rd, in the church of Barcelona to which there come the catholic pupils of French Lyceum.

Four days later, on Wednesday, the 27th of May, she will be the daughter of the duchess of Lugo who celebrates her first communion and it will be done in San Pedro church, of Madrid, together with her companions of the school Saint Patrick

Old 05-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Will the whole royal family be there for this family event???

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 05-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know if we will have pics from the event? I mean from the ceremony itself.
I remember that, at Felipe´s communion, the whole family posed in front of the church, but there were no photographies from the inside. It seems that Victoria´s communion will be at the same church, so we´ll probably won´t see the images, but how about Juan and Pablo in Barcelona?

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 05-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

The whole family probably will be in Bacerlona tomorrow, hopefully we will see Leonor and Sofia too, although they are a little too small to go, esp. Sofia. As for next Wed, the Princes will be in Colombia, the King has a whole day of activities, kids likely will go to school.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I read somewhere that Felipe and Letizia will be in attendance but i dont remember them going to Froilan's communion last year

Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I read somewhere that Felipe and Letizia will be in attendance but i dont remember them going to Froilan's communion last year
Felipe attended Froilan´s communion, but Letizia doesn´t, because it was a few days after Sofia´s birth. Leonor either attended.
But, according to Hola, they both will attend the communion tomorrow, with Leo and Sofi :
Don Felipe y doña Letizia, cinco años después: 'El mismo amor, la misma ilusión y el mismo compromiso'

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 05-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the kids who will be receiving this important sacrament. It is an exciting day.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Courtier

I would imagine that as many members of the family would attend because of the family's departure to the USA later in the year. A wonderful occasion for the family to get together.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, it seems that all the members of the Family will be there, in the church or in the later celebration, everything will depend a bit on the rules that the church has.

Victoria will do the First Communion in her school , and they are very strict, celebrate them on weekdays, the girls must dress equally, every child has a certain number of places for the family in the church, they do not allow that the parents should take cameras of photos or video...
Old 05-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

lovely pictures, thanks! letizia was great, although sofia looks like she is causing trouble! leonor is always so well behaved though.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for photos!
It is nice to see that the Spanish Royal family attending an important event such as the first communion. It appears that Infanta Sophia had a really good time.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
ABC
Old 05-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Infanta Elena's children do not attend ..?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Infanta Elena's children do not attend ..?
Elena's son Felipe Juan Froilán attended, and her dauther Victoria Federica is not on the picture. I find it strange since it is her first communion too

Nice to see Alexia of Greece. They seem close al together.
Little Sofia seems to appear a very active child And her older sister takes responsibility to look after her
Old 05-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

You can see Victoria in this photo

http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...n-01$599x0.jpg

Princess Alexia is Pablo´s godmother
Old 05-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I was a bit confused with so many children attending... Don Jaime was not in attendance or I missed his photo too ..?
Old 05-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...n-03$599x0.jpg who is the man beside Elena in this picture

Old 05-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009/...n-03$599x0.jpg who is the man beside Elena in this picture
Mikel Urdangarín, Iñaki´s brother and Juan´s godfather

Gallery diezminutos

http://www.diezminutos.es/familia_re...imera_comunion