First Communions of Juan, Pablo and Victoria: May 23 and 27, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
From La Vanguardia newspaper

The infantas Elena and Cristina prepare these days the first communions of their children Juan and Pablo Urdangarin and Victoria de Marichalar.

The children of the duke and duchess of Palma, of 9 and 8 years, will receive the sacrament on Saturday, the 23rd, in the church of Barcelona to which there come the catholic pupils of French Lyceum.

Four days later, on Wednesday, the 27th of May, she will be the daughter of the duchess of Lugo who celebrates her first communion and it will be done in San Pedro church, of Madrid, together with her companions of the school Saint Patrick

Will the whole royal family be there for this family event???

Does anyone know if we will have pics from the event? I mean from the ceremony itself.
I remember that, at Felipe´s communion, the whole family posed in front of the church, but there were no photographies from the inside. It seems that Victoria´s communion will be at the same church, so we´ll probably won´t see the images, but how about Juan and Pablo in Barcelona?

The whole family probably will be in Bacerlona tomorrow, hopefully we will see Leonor and Sofia too, although they are a little too small to go, esp. Sofia. As for next Wed, the Princes will be in Colombia, the King has a whole day of activities, kids likely will go to school.

I read somewhere that Felipe and Letizia will be in attendance but i dont remember them going to Froilan's communion last year

I read somewhere that Felipe and Letizia will be in attendance but i dont remember them going to Froilan's communion last year
Felipe attended Froilan´s communion, but Letizia doesn´t, because it was a few days after Sofia´s birth. Leonor either attended.
But, according to Hola, they both will attend the communion tomorrow, with Leo and Sofi :flowers: :
Don Felipe y doña Letizia, cinco años después: 'El mismo amor, la misma ilusión y el mismo compromiso'

Congratulations to the kids who will be receiving this important sacrament. It is an exciting day.

I would imagine that as many members of the family would attend because of the family's departure to the USA later in the year. A wonderful occasion for the family to get together.

Yes, it seems that all the members of the Family will be there, in the church or in the later celebration, everything will depend a bit on the rules that the church has.

Victoria will do the First Communion in her school , and they are very strict, celebrate them on weekdays, the girls must dress equally, every child has a certain number of places for the family in the church, they do not allow that the parents should take cameras of photos or video...

lovely pictures, thanks! letizia was great, although sofia looks like she is causing trouble! leonor is always so well behaved though.

Thanks for photos!
It is nice to see that the Spanish Royal family attending an important event such as the first communion. It appears that Infanta Sophia had a really good time. :lol:

Infanta Elena's children do not attend ..?

Infanta Elena's children do not attend ..?

Elena's son Felipe Juan Froilán attended, and her dauther Victoria Federica is not on the picture. I find it strange since it is her first communion too :ermm:

Nice to see Alexia of Greece. They seem close al together.
Little Sofia seems to appear a very active child :whistling: And her older sister takes responsibility to look after her ;)

I was a bit confused with so many children attending... :blush: Don Jaime was not in attendance or I missed his photo too ..?

What beautiful pictures. It´s great to see all the children together.

It was a very beautiful family moment!!

Little Sofia is not so shy by the way!!lol

All the grandchildren are very cute! what a beautiful royal family!

One question:
Is it common in Spain to celebrate a first communion on a Saturday?

Here first communions are always celebrated on a Sunday... called the "White Sunday" ("Low Sunday"). I always thought that was common in all catholic countries...:ermm:

Thanks for the pictures everyone. The family pics looked lovely.

In Spain they are in the habit of celebrating on Saturday evening or Sunday morning. May is in the habit of being a month of many communions and weddings, so many churches have to distribute the celebrations.

In Victoria's school, they celebrate them in days of week, put it is a custom of the school that apparently is strict enough with the rules for the first communions.

I see. Thanks, lula.

So do I understand it in the right way: Victoria's communion already took place? So yesterday it was only Juan's and Pablo's communion?
I already wondered why Victoria wasn't dressed in white. ;)

I see. Thanks, lula.

So do I understand it in the right way: Victoria's communion already took place? So yesterday it was only Juan's and Pablo's communion?
I already wondered why Victoria wasn't dressed in white. ;)

Victoria's first communion will be on Wednesday.

She does the first communion in her school like her brother Felipe two years ago. Her school is catholic, and they are very strict because they want that the first communion is a sacrament and not a party. The celebration is in days of week for what the parents and the families if they want to go must ask for permission in their works, there is a certain number of relatives for child, they do not like that they take small children, do not allow photographies, the children must take the same suit or dress, as a uniform... in my opinion the rules are a bit excessive.

Probably we will not see any of her cousins in the communion because they will be in the school, and to the Prince and the Princess that they will be of official visit in Colombia. I believe that as they did with her brother Felipe , they will organize a family party another day.

How sad is looking Elena's son , I hope it is only on this picture , but what a difference between Christina's sons ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom