Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2007-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These pictures seem kind of sad to me this year. Elena is there for the first time without her husband, and she looks sad, but game. Cristina still has a complete family, but if anything she looks more grim to me than Elena, and has for a while. Except for the two Asturias infantas, nobody is really dressed in Easter clothing. (Letizia, what happened there!)

I felt the same way, like the spark and dignified fun was missing.

I really love the videos esp. Leonor and Sofia waving. It's really great that they are being accustomed to public people since they won't go away. Felipe and Letizia might have teach them something special when facing the media since they smile all the time. Good for them.

what a beautiful family!!! sofia is really beautiful! I think she looks like leonor very much!!! 2 beautiful little girls!!!

am I the one who dont see a real beauty in Sofia now?
yes, every child is beautiful, but maybe its too early to see Infanta's :rolleyes:

the same feeling I had about Leonor, didn't think that she become as pretty as her mother. but she did. :flowers:

so, I'll wait untill the day when Sofia gets her beauty and then say: "OMG, she's so cute"

am I the one who dont see a real beauty in Sofia now?
yes, every child is beautiful, but maybe its too early to see Infanta's :rolleyes:

the same feeling I had about Leonor, didn't think that she become as pretty as her mother. but she did. :flowers:

so, I'll wait untill the day when Sofia gets her beauty and then say: "OMG, she's so cute"

I think it's far too early to judge, furthermore beauty always lies in the eye of the spectator.

Unlike most posters I thought that Leonor was very ugly as a baby and only had become a pretty child around 18 months of age, when she went to the faunia park with her parents. I thought Sofia was much more pretty as a baby than her sister, let's see what happens when she reaches the toddler age. By the way, very soon we should see some pics when she will celebrate her first birthday :flowers:

I think it's far too early to judge, furthermore beauty always lies in the eye of the spectator.

Unlike most posters I thought that Leonor was very ugly as a baby and only had become a pretty child around 18 months of age, when she went to the faunia park with her parents. I thought Sofia was much more pretty as a baby than her sister, let's see what happens when she reaches the toddler age. By the way, very soon we should see some pics when she will celebrate her first birthday :flowers:

I agree with you on the point that Leonor was nor a cuttie befofe she became 18 months. lets wait the day when Sofia celebrate her first birthday :flowers:

well opinions are different but I once said here that I think Sofia is not a pretty baby I think Leonor was the most pretty baby girl I ever seen but Sofia was not so pretty has her sister was! Maybe because she has little hair, maybe because she is very chubby, I don't know, maybe because she is too much a Bourbon...

The Princes of Asturias can presume of having two beautiful daughters. Leonor is absolutely beautiful and graceful but Sofia has facial features very pretty(I even dare to say that she will be nicer than Leonor), she has a pretty mouth with a pretty lips, her nose is perfect and beautiful ,her dark blue eyes are totally sweet. Sofía´s facial features are perfect for me(there are children who have a disproportionately big head). What if Sofia is a big baby? and what if she have little hair?, she is a beautiful baby and will undoubtedly be a tall girl as her handsome father.

Last edited:
Let's hope both sisters will have some Ortiz in them - if not they would be the first ever beautiful grown up Borbon women. I think beauty is not the most striking asset of Queen Sofia or of the Infantas who both have strong Borbon features.

Let's hope both sisters will have some Ortiz in them - if not they would be the first ever beautiful grown up Borbon women. I think beauty is not the most striking asset of Queen Sofia or of the Infantas who both have strong Borbon features.

Borbon women are not especially beautiful but Leonor is more Borbon than Ortiz and she is a nice girl, little Sofia is also a nice baby so the Borbon-Ortiz mix is very good.I still think that Sofia is more Ortiz than Leonor.

Every time I look at Sofi, I see a lot of the Luxembourg princes in her! It's so strange, because they aren't related at all for like...generations and generations. It's just so strange, because Sofi looks more like Guillaume and his brothers than either side of her family!

I think Sofia has the head of the Ortiz family, she is exactly like her great grand mother, Menchu del alle, it was clear in the pictures they had together. Leonor however is more Borbon.

Easter Vacations 2009

The Royal Family will enjoy the vacations of Holy Week in Marivent's palace

Loyal to the tradition, the Royal Family has programmed to enjoy the vacations of Holy Week in Palma, in Marivent's palace. Throughout next days its different members will be come to the island, in which they do not have foreseen to take part in any official act, as reports the Royal House.

Nevertheless, the Royal Family will be present in the delivery of prizes of the Trophy Princess Sofia.

The Royal Family will not be absent to the traditional appointment with the Mass of the Easter Sunday either, that there will officiate the bishop of Mallorca Jesus Murgui in the Cathedral.

La Familia Real disfrutará de las vacaciones de Semana Santa en el palacio de Marivent - Actual - Diario de Mallorca

Easter Vacations 2008
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/easter-vacations-2008-a-16303.html

Easter Vacations 2007
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/easter-vacations-2007-a-12330.html

Easter vacations 2006
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/easter-vacations-2006-a-9379.html

The King and Queen begin their vacations of Holy Week in Majorca

The King and Queen have begun today their vacations of Holy Week in Majorca, and it hopes that the weekend the Prince and Princess of Asturias come also to the island with their daughters.

It is foreseen that tomorrow in the night Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía preside at the delivery of prizes of the Trophy HRH Princess Sofia of sail that is disputed these days in the bay of Palma.

The King and Queen also will come together with other members of the Royal Family to the mass of the Sunday Easter in the cathedral of Palma, since it is a tradition.

Los Reyes comienzan sus vacaciones de Semana Santa en Mallorca - ABC2_Casas_Reales - ABC2 - ABC.es

I´m looking forward to the traditional Easter Sunday photo of the whole family!

Thanks for the pictures. I have to add that I was shocked at how much older looking Princess Irene is than that of Sofia and she is the younger of the two. Sorry for being O/T.

does anyone know when the mass today will take place?

I think, last year the mass began at 12 o'clock.

I'm so disappointed! I was really hoping to see the Infantas and their families. :cry:

Thanks for the pics, beautiful girls, leonor is growing to be one gorgeous princess.

Back
Top Bottom