Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2007-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Empress said:
Well, to refute one point of yours, there are indeed cases where extreme nausea is experienced for the entirety of a pregnancy. This is called
Hyperemesis gravidarum. Please see here for further information. This is a problem that can and does land women in hospital, or worse.

I feel that your comment of her being "so special" and the sarcastic tone that you take with that to be somewhat out of context, as we do not know the details of the pregnancy. Furthermore, many women take breaks during pregnancy, and most do not have the stressful schedule that the Princess of Asturias has, nor the constant public appearances. As we are not in her position, we can not possibly know the stresses. She has also suffered a personal tragedy in the last few months, which would make her more susceptible to stress, no doubt.

Unless you are the personal physician of this woman, I do not believe that you are in any situation to judge her, or make pronouncements on her behaviour. And to call the pregnancies a disease is crossing a line I believe. As I said, many women have severe problems related or non related to other health problems that affect pregnancies and the energy to bear them. Please bear this in mind the next time that you wish to pass judgement.

For further information you may look at the Mayo Clinic, Institue Pasteur, American Journal of Medicine, etc. As you can see, this is a valid recognized illness.

Thank you very much Empress, I think that you have given a true lesson with your commentary. I could not have explained it better.Very well said!:flowers:

Roxsteve said:
I agree with you Vanesa. Letizia should make an effort. She is pregnant not ill. She is not the first woman to be pregnant, and, I'm sure she will not be the last. People should not get offended because some of us think she should appear in public and yes, take pictures for her people. That's in her job description, I'm sure. Regardless, we wish her the best today and always.

She is making an effort. She has been doing her royal duties as we've seen her lately. As mentioned above we don't really know how she's really doing with this pregnancy because the Royal House is not giving us more information. If I remember she got pregnant again less than a year after a C-section, so I believe that's something her doctors are taking into consideration. She can't fly to Mallorca anymore because at 8 months it's not advisable. I know that for sure because we had an 8-month pregnant patient when I was doing Labor and Delivery nursing who couldn't fly back home to Manila to attend her father's funeral by medical advice. I'm actually gonna be surprised if we see her there because in medical practice it's not advisable anymore. In addition, the Royal Family's presence in Mallorca is not an official act, it's a regular vacation which they don't even have to spend there that's why the Royal House don't make announcements on the attendance of its members like Bibhoquinas was suggesting. I'm sure they will go to Easter Mass on Sunday if they stay behind in Madrid.

BTW, "take pictures for her people" is not in a princess' job description.

Empress said:
Well, to refute one point of yours, there are indeed cases where extreme nausea is experienced for the entirety of a pregnancy. This is called
Hyperemesis gravidarum. Please see here for further information. This is a problem that can and does land women in hospital, or worse.

Thank you for this. I wanted to share my nursing knowledge too, but I wasn't sure if we are allowed here to talk about maternal nursing, but you are absolutely right. Are you in the health care field too?

Empress said:
Unless you are the personal physician of this woman, I do not believe that you are in any situation to judge her, or make pronouncements on her behaviour. And to call the pregnancies a disease is crossing a line I believe. As I said, many women have severe problems related or non related to other health problems that affect pregnancies and the energy to bear them. Please bear this in mind the next time that you wish to pass judgement.
It reminds me of Best-selling Brazilian author Paulo Coelho's words:

"We can never judge the lives of others because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Last edited:
Something that I should have added in my last post, and did not, is this: Most women are not subject to the scrutiny that this woman is subject to, so who knows what other women go through. Further, I doubt seriously that any woman shares everything with everyone about every aspect of their pregnancies.

No , I am not in the medical field, but I do have some knowledge of such things, which I carefully check before posting.

Of course I can have an opinion and ultimatelly judge if I wanted to since I'm an taxpayer, it dosn't mean that because part of my money goes to the royal house (who dosn't even publish their expenses like other royal houses) I can enter in their private lifes but unfortunatelly Letizia has bad pregnancies and there's a lot of opinions and comparisons with other princesses because she appears to be the less... I don't even know how to put it.. prepared, "poquita cosa", don't know the right translation for that phrase, "little thing" maybe.

I don't know guys forget what I say since here you have to be part of the Letizia's fan club or you'r excomulgated, yes we judge so what? we pay for their way of life and as an Spanish citizen I don't like the job she's doing, I'll rather have a Maxima with such an agenda, always smiling, never complaining, going to every royal gathering abroad, working w/ the microcredits, representing her Royal House by herself and if the woman dosn't stop will give birth in an airplane but comparissons are odious and as I said before is better if we speak about the ones who are going to be in Palma because a lot of us are already accustomed to prescind of Letizia and if I even spoke about her in this threat was because I didn't like the way some people, specially one, refers to others opinions with disqualifications and such that in my opinion does nothing for the forum, you should kill the message not the messenger and such prepotence does nothing good for the topic, nevertheless should be really bored to have only one opinion don't you guys think?.

Last edited:
I will not enter into an argument with you. You are of course entitled to your opinion. However there are better and nicer ways to state things, rather than always looking for the argument.

Just to clarify, I am not a member of the Letitzia fan club, however, I happen to think that she is doing an admirable job in a high stress and highly visible position, and doing so with much more than the modicum of grace. And I think that one should give the Princess a bit of leeway given that we simply do not know her situation. Compassion is something that everyone deserves, and that everyone should give.

To that end, I think that we might look at what she has accomplished since becoming princess, and not at what are her "perceived" failures. If anyone looked at everything in my life that is a real or perceived failure with the scrutiny that is being applied to Princess Letizia here, I might as well go ship myself in a box to the bottom of the ocean. I would venture to say that it is likely the same for many of our members. No one is perfect, and no one can be seen as such when every single aspect of their lives is being put under a microscope.

I gave her my compassion when she had the problem with Erika, r.i.p, I am a good person not a monster, but she's the one who probably have to feel compassion about me because specially when I was pregnant and living in Spain, I din't have the kind of life that she has, meaning why should I fell compassion for her in normal times? she is a princess, she has everything, she's suppoused to server and honor, I'm the one who happens to travel almost due during my pregnancy in a sardine can (before moving to the US) and go to work with nauseas, vomits, swollen legs in a public transportation and in top of that almost don't make the end of the month, in a country where people in his 30's still live w/ their parents, so she's the one who could feel compassion for a lot, and I mean a lot of womans in Spain right now, not the other way around preciselly, if she would of be working as a journalist she would of have to take a lot of remedies and go to work because even when the social security in Spains is good outside there's 30 people waiting for you to fail, so if she looks around, specially coming from were she comes, she should know how lucky she really is and make an effort and do better. :flowers:

Last edited:
RaniaRocks said:
we pay for their way of life and as an Spanish citizen I don't like the job she's doing, I'll rather have a Maxima with such an agenda, always smiling, never complaining, going to every royal gathering abroad, working w/ the microcredits, representing her Royal House by herself and if the woman dosn't stop will give birth in an airplane but comparissons are odious and

Each pregnancy is different. When Maxima was pregnant with Amalia, she had disappeared for months because of difficult pregnancy. So this time she feels much better, good for her. When both royal houses announced their pregnancy this time, their due date was about 1 week apart, Maxima was at the end of April, Letizia was the beginning of May. She just cancelled her event on April 2nd, well deserved rest for her. Maxima had never been on an airplane when she was 8 month pregnant.
You like Maxima's solo agenda, that's fine. Perhaps the SRF prefers the joint agenda of Felipe and Letizia more. I also think you need to take into account that WA and Felipe have different working styles as well. WA had 60 days of engagements the year before, and Felipe, I don't need to continue :).

Last edited:
La Reina felicita al Patronato Obrero

The Queen congratulates to the Working Patronage

Dona Sofía accompanied by her sister Irene of Greece, was present yesterday at the concert that it was honouring hundred years of the entity in that there acted, close to the Simfónica, the genial flute-player James Galway

http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemallorca.es/media/fotos/noticias/500x350/2007-04-11_IMG_2007-04-04_00:04:11_x31ac001.jpg

http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemallorca.es/media/fotos/noticias/500x350/2007-04-11_IMG_2007-04-04_00:04:31_x31ac002.jpg

RaniaRocks, it's really a shame that lots of pregnant women have to do terrible communtes or work in harsh environments, or not able to obtain more flexible working schedule from the company. But there is no need to resent the lucky ones who are able to get breaks because of the difficult pregnancy. Letizia's schedule likely lies in the hand of her doctors. I'm pretty sure she is not the only one in Zarzuela that decides if the doctors' notice should be followed or not. All we have seen is that she had made an effort to go back to work after the so tragic death of Erika. Thus to say she is not making an effort is really over the top. From what I heard, no one is allowed to be lazy in Zarzuela since the boss is still Juan Carlos, and Letizia, nobody has any doubt on her work ethic.
Anyway, Felipe and Letizia (when she was not pregnant) usually had the busiest schedules among the European CP couples of the same generation, I have no doubt it will remain the same in the future. Several oversea trips (Mexico, Japan, India, China) are already lined up on Sept after she comes back from the maternity leave.

Last edited:
ELPAIS.com - A Palma, a Doñana, a Canarias... - Gente y TV

To Palm, to Doñana, to Canaries...

The Kings and the political leaders go on holidays.

First the Queen will come, then the King and finally " those who could ". These are the plans of the Royal Family for the Holy Week that will pass, as every year, in Palma. On the House of the King having treated itself about a deprived activity it does not contribute details. " They all those who are will be present at the mass of the Easter Sunday in the cathedral of Palm ". This appointment already turned into annual custom is one of rarely in that they all meet for a family photo. The mystery is if dona Letizia will come to Palm due to her outpost been of gestation.

Thanks dear lula for all your informations about THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD : EASTER VACATIONS 2007.

I going on to be totally astonishing by the total irrelavancy of some posts absolutly far away of the subject of this thread which are becoming a words exchanges between few peoples who don't support the Princes of Asturias, and in particulary the princess of Asturias.

First there is a particular thread to express your opinion about the Princes to avoid that in each thread about the Princes of Asturias, the same items about " Who is this very peculiar woman nammed Letizai Ortiz Rocasolano, Princess of Asturias"?

Secondly if some of you find that it's very interesting - in the fact it could be if we considere the amount of posts about the subject- to condemn the odious behaviour of a lasy and upstart woman, why they don't make a thread about that to avoid that for each thread concerning the Princes of Asturias, their daughter, the Royal Spain Family there a lot of consideration far away the item but always concerning this "odious, lazy, upstart, taratata woman"...

If the moderators find my purposes totally unadequate I apologize, and I they want to delete my words because they can analyse them as against the liberty of expression, I'm giving in to their decision.

But to end, I want to precise that since a while I don't answer to any considerations of this category because I find if we do it, we aren't speaking of the actuality of the Spain Royal Family, and in particular of the Princes of Asturias. If we are going on whithout a serious conscious of that, we are becoming the most bothering threads of TFR.:yuk:

So sorry for my too long words and once again many thanks to Lula and all of you who bring articlas, fotos, videos, and topics for interesting discussions:flowers: :flowers:

Last edited:
what an interesting surprise to find out that felipe and letizia have already scheduled some official trips abroad after her maternity leave. i can't wait! they all seem interesting and captivating places.

so... up to date... who are the royals who are officially going to attend mass on sunday and those who are going to palma according to the informations? was any extra information on possible late attendances released?

After reading some posts I come to the conclusion that I feel prouder of the Princes of Asturias every day and especially of the Princess Letizia.We(Spaniards) have the great luck to have a princess like her who without a doubt will be a formidable queen. She is an amazing woman(and it´s evident that also a very envied woman :ermm: ).
If Letizia doesn´t go to Palma I hope that she rests and takes forces for the happy day at the end of April.:flowers:

Last edited:
She is doing what she is supposed to do, and I don't see anything admirable about what she does. Admirable is the mother of three who works three jobs to bring food to the table...that's admirable. There is no need to always argue about things when two people have different opinions. That is the beauty of this forum. Have you checked other forums...even if people disagree, they are still respectful. No one is envious of Letizia, but not all have to agree on everything she does...no need to argue...really.

lula said:
QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN ATTENDS CONCERT

London Features International Ltd

Lula, thanks again to going on in giving pics about the activity of the Queen in Palma.

What estupendous Lady is the Queen of Spain, so " professional" and active who don't stop one minute to assume her devolutions. Some resting days in Palma after the hardiest of the begining of this year are certainly welcomed for her.

Last edited:
Well I see there are no new pics over here of family members in Mallorca. Even though it is highly unlikely that F and L will go to Mallorca at least we got the new pics of their family outing. Great timing on their part! Maybe they have read this thread.

Aurora810 said:
Well I see there are no new pics over here of family members in Mallorca. Even though it is highly unlikely that F and L will go to Mallorca at least we got the new pics of their family outing. Great timing on their part! Maybe they have read this thread.

Good point, Aurora810! I always ask to myself if the Royals ever reads these threads about them...:rolleyes: :lol:

Vanesa.

Enough is enough.

This thread is about the Royal Family's Easter Vacations, and not a battlefield.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but there are ways and ways of stating it. Here we have a heated discussion about something that hasn't even taken place yet.

We don't know if Princess Letizia will be there or not, we don't know the conditions of her pregnancy and we all know the danger involved when pregnant women take a flight.

Also, there were several comments that were turning into personal bickerings between memebers, and this is strongly against the forums rules.

No-one here wants a place where everyone has the same opinion, it would be really boring. All we ask is a little bit of good sense before pushing the submit reply button.

You like Princess Letizia, fine. You don't like her, that's okay. But please, let's just respect each other's opinions and discuss in a respectful manner.

If you have any problems with this, please PM me or any other moderator of the Spanish Forums.

thank you,
Anna_R
Spanish Forums Moderator

Príncipes no viajarán a Mallorca debido al avanzado embarazo de Doña Letizia

Princes will not travel to Majorca due to Dona Letizia's advanced pregnancy

The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia, will not travel in this occasion to Majorca to pass the vacations of Holy Week, owed outpost of the pregnancy of the princess, they informed to Efe sources of the Royal Household.

The Kings accompanied of the princess Irene of Greece, are already in Majorca and it hopes that in the next days the infantas Elenas and Cristina come also to the islands, accompanied of their respective families.

Next Sunday they will be present in the cathedral of Palm at the mass of the Easter Sunday. The Kings have foreseen delivery next Friday the prizes of the XXXVIII trophy of wind Princess Sofia.

thanksss lula !!!!!!!!
I am very pending from which the Infants arrive I hope that they are not made wait for much tièmpo I am wishing to see the children.

The Dukes of Lugo have passed the first part of the vacations in Soria with the family Marichalar, on lod Dukes of Palm and their family there are no news.

I guess the Dukes of Palma are in Barcelona which is not far from Mallorca and will get there any time:flowers:

such a shame we won't see felipe and letizia there with the rest of the family, although judging from the rainy weather we've been having in spain the last weeks, the family postcard wouldn't have been as nice as last year's. it will still be very much missed as leonor's second easter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very appropiate for a day like today...

Well...Happy Easter for all my friends of the Royal Forums. :flowers:

Vanesa.

The Dukes of Palm and those of Lugo, procession

The procession of the Crist of the Sang, celebrated yesterday after being suspended in the rain the previous day, had like special spectators to infants Elena and Cristina next to its husbands, Jaime de Marichalar and Iñaki Urdangarín and his children. All could go to see leave the different passages from the seat from the General Hospital.
Ultima Hora Digital. El Discreto...

picture

http://www.ultimahora.es/db-bin/ehsql.cgi?get_bulk+uh_db+Articulos+foto1+1730

Back
Top Bottom