Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2007-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mallorcadiario.com

The Queen already is in Palm and the King, on the verge of coming

Part of the Royal Family will pass the vacations of Holy Week in Palm and some of its members already have come or are on having fallen down. The Queen Dona Sofía came to Majorca after putting point and end to her trip for Latin America in order to rest, to take forces for what it can only of year and, besides, to represent some day to the Ditch Princess Sofia. It is a tradition since the Kings come to the delivery of prizes of the nautical trophy and, as it could have known mallorcadiario.com, everything indicates to that this year will not be an exception.

Lula, What is the possibilty that Letizia and Felipe travel by boat to Palma? How long a trip is it? Or could they go by helicopter since it doesn't travel as high in the air, thus causing the increased air pressure from altitude which is contraindicated at this stage of a pregnancy?

A completely different reason for a possible absence could be that Leti chooses to pass Easter with her family since it will be their first without Erika.

Last edited:
Emily said:
Lula, What is the possibilty that Letizia and Felipe travel by boat to Palma? How long a trip is it?

I do not believe that the trip in ship is a possibility, Madrid is in the center of Spain, it would have 3 or 4 hours of highway up to the coast and then the trip in boat, would be excessively tired and a bit absurd.

There will be necessary to wait and to see that the weekend happens.;)

Emily said:
Lula, What is the possibilty that Letizia and Felipe travel by boat to Palma? How long a trip is it? Or could they go by helicopter since it doesn't travel as high in the air, thus causing the increased air pressure from altitude which is contraindicated at this stage of a pregnancy?
I was thinking the same, Emily. I may be wrong but as far as I remember correctly, they travelled by helicopter to Mallorca just after the announcement of the 1st pregnancy (so she was 3 months pregnant then). It was an official visit to Balearic Islands. Who knows, maybe that option would be more safety than the plane? And the take off and landing of it is, I think, less dangerous.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I was thinking the same, Emily. I may be wrong but as far as I remember correctly, they travelled by helicopter to Mallorca just after the announcement of the 1st pregnancy (so she was 3 months pregnant then). It was an official visit to Balearic Islands. Who knows, maybe that option would be more safety than the plane? And the take off and landing of it is, I think, less dangerous.

They did not travel in helicopter to Majorca, travelled in plane to Palma, and then the tour between islands they did it in helicopter. The helicopter is very unstable, not adapted for a woman who has suffered from nauseas ... besides these days it does very badly weather so I do not believe that they could fly in one.

If the doctor allows to Letizia to travel in plane she will do it, but not ... sense does not make turn and look for different ways of travelling, because this it is the only form that exists ... if she cannot travel, she will remain in Madrid ... and though some of them will protest because there will no be photo, here the only thing that matters is the health of Letizia and the little Infanta, not a photo that it is possible to do next year and the following one and the following one.

I understand it would be disappointing to not see F and L and little Leonor. But is it really that crucial for them to do all they can to get there. I just mean the travelling by helicopter, or boat or whatever, it just doesn't seem that crucial. This isn't an emergency situation most women at this advanced stage I think would only travel by plane if it was absolute must. But that's just my opinion. I think them having a quiet Easter weekend with just the three or them or possibly with Letizia's family would be really nice for them.

Also if they don't go to Majorca is it at all possible that they would attend mass at a church nearby in Madrid? Does the family ever attend mass services in the area near their palace? Just curious!

I think exactly the same, Aurora. And I, for one, will completely understand their lack of presence because I trust the make thoughtful decisions -- and certainly not based on a photo op. And - as I wrote earlier - I do not think it unreasonable that they might spend the weekend with Letizia's family. That said, I do not get the sense that Letizia's family is particularly religious and so it could well be that Easter doesn't have the importance for them that would be reason enough for Letizia and Felipe to stay in Madrid, even if they are able to travel to Palma. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm glad to know the boat ride probably isn't an option, though, since I had wondered about that.

lula said:
One thinks that already you speak only to be a nuisance and to provoke.:wacko:

I think your comment should be removed as so many are removed! It is very apparent that you enjoy biboquinhas comments so that you can also attack her. I think Biboquinhas is one of the few in this forum that makes sense when it comes to almighty Letizia. I thought we had a lenghty discussion about not calling other members names.

It is curious Roxsteve, because it does more than 2 months that scarcely I answer nobody in this forum, because I have few time to take part... If my commentary exceeds yours also. :rolleyes:

Aurora810 said:
Also if they don't go to Majorca is it at all possible that they would attend mass at a church nearby in Madrid? Does the family ever attend mass services in the area near their palace? Just curious!
There is a chapel inside the Zarzuela palace, so I think that if they want to go to church they go there.

I think if F and L couldn't make it to palma,they might come to the streets to let photographs take photos,honestly i doubt this too.
I think the reason the Queen and Leonor went to that movie was just to show her before the new baby comes,they knew the princes couldn't go to palma.
but i still hope we will see them in palma.

It's absolutly astonishing the degree of unsensitive comments about the Princes of Asturias because the Letizia's pregnancy.

We know since the begining that this pregnancy is very unconfortable for the Princess. Because this IMPORTANT point of vew the Royal House has decided since the begining to not announced the officiels acts of the Princess to allow her to be there or not depending her wealth 's state.

Why do you want that for a private event : vacancies the Casa Real make a specific announce to say what the Princes could be done even if themselves don't know ragarding the Letizia's state.

As usual, the newspapers give informations about the Royal Family but as the people knows it's not a protocolar information, as for instance for the summer holliday where the Kings are received by the Balearic governement.

For the Princes: Don't you think that after the very hard fisrt part of 2007 and before the birth of the new baby, the Prince want to pass some days quiet with Letizia and Leonor.... for themselves and not systematically for the people. I think that the Princess has make the proof of her determination to assume her role in the so crual circus that is the life - for every body-

For my part I have absolutly any conseils/recommandations/suggestions/critiques and so on to tell about the Princes 's behaviour for this little hollidays before the birth except my be a wish, take care of you, because a lot of people are found of you!:wub:

Last edited:
thanksss lula, Sofia is beautiful today.

Thanks lula :flowers:
Indeed she is, mon :wub:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I can understand Princess Letizia's doctors wanting her not to travel. She's in an advanced stage of her pregnancy and still is troubled with nausea. Another worry is that Letizia had a Caesrean with Leonor and there is always a fear if she would go into labor, the uterus might rupture. That is a medical emergency so I'm sure her doctors list that as another concern.
Letizia and Felipe will have a wonderful Easter I'm sure and next year we can view pictures of this family with one more addition!

Hi girls don't worry I have being called from envious to whatever but some pleople have all the luck.:lol:
Letizia's pregnancies are more like a disease but I think everybody is already accustomed to "the typical pregnancy annoyencies" from month 1 :cool: I have never hear of nauseas on the verge of the delivery but she's so special even on that, so we better move on and talk about the rest of the Royal Family wish is plenty of interesting people and with plenty of kids to comment about, I can't wait to see Froilan the Menace :lol: who is growing so cute and handsome and Irene, the Duke's little Princess, for real. :wub: :rolleyes:

BTW. Isn't the person behind Queen Sofia her sister Irene?.

Last edited:
It is a shame that some persons do not read a bit any more, probably this way they might be best informed, but they prefer living in the ignorance to criticize, that it is the only thing that they can do. :wacko: Certainly, it seems to me to be terrible that there are women who express certain disagreeable enough opinions ... there are women who have to pass entire pregnancies in a bed, and assurance that they do not do it for caprice.

Thanks for the compliments in the name of those who dare to share our thoughts even against the flow. :sleep:

lula said:
It is a shame that some persons do not read a bit any more, probably this way they might be best informed, but they prefer living in the ignorance to criticize, that it is the only thing that they can do. :wacko: Certainly, it seems to me to be terrible that there are women who express certain disagreeable enough opinions ... there are women who have to pass entire pregnancies in a bed, and assurance that they do not do it for caprice.
You're totally right but with all due respect lula (and I'm not saying I agree with RaniaRocks' opinion or other opinion) when a woman have to spend all her pregnancy in a bed, there is a seriously problem, which is not nauseas or something like that ;)
But I perfectely understand Princess Letizia's situation, if it's better to spend the Easter at home, she shall stay at home. We'll have more opportunities to see her. :)
Now back on the topic of this thread, is there any information when the rest of the Royal Family arrives?

Thanks in advance :flowers:

RaniaRocks said:
I think everybody is already accustomed to "the typical pregnancy annoyencies" from month 1 :cool: I have never hear of nauseas on the verge of the delivery but she's so special even on that, .

Dear RaniaRocks, you have never hear this but i have to say you that many women have annoyencies until the end of the pregnancy like for example my sister who had nauseous throughout the pregnancy and a friend also had annoyencies on the verge so....princess Letizia is not the only woman who have a difficult pregnancy.
I notice a malaise with Letizia because she have a difficult pregnancy but she has not chosen to have a pregnancy thus. Please, I request a little compressibility and respect to her.

Last edited:
You're right about that Lauritas138 - let's have some empathy and respect for her and everyone we talk about, for that matter.

Also, like others have already pointed out in this thread, she's in the last month of her pregnancy and may be about to give birth to the third in line to the throne any time soon. Leonor was born 3 weeks early, wasn't she? That plus her earlier Caesarian should lend itself to more caution regarding travel - I would think that it is always better to be sensible and play it safe when it comes to child birth, don't you? They will be many, many more Easters in Majorca in the future.

Queen Sofia looks great and very happy. Usually I wouldn't like an outfit like this because of the pattern but it suits Sofia well.

Every pregnancy and every woman is different. We don't even know what Felipe and Letizia wish to do but if they want to stay home with Leonor and let Letizia rest - let it be. It seems like this pregnancy started out difficult and I'm sure the shock of Erika's death did nothing to help. I think she's made a great effort to come out when she could, even so shortly after her sister's death, so if we don't get pictures from this holiday we'll all survive. Just think of next year when we'll have two Infantas!

I can understand the two possitions. But certainly I think the one who is more right than the others is ; Juanita. It may be possible that a woman needs to be at bed during her pregnancy, but this generally happens when there is some BIG trouble with the baby or the mother. For example: bleeding. And this is not a joke.

If the Princess of Asturias really needs to pass her pregnancy at bed, it will be a big problem with her or her baby girl...And I HOPE NOT.:sad:

But more likely, she is allright (God thanks!), and then, I tend to agree to RaniaRocks. I was never one of those who really envies the Royals way of life. No; I like they live like Royals, for if not they will not be Royals...However, they are there to aglutinate their peoples, to live for them. So, a little saccrffice on their part should be needed...Did you know that the motto of Nobility is "To Honorate and to Serve"? (in Spanish "Honrar y Servir")

I do not believe that a little appareance in public could harm Princess Letizia awfully much. Nowadays, Royals has much less duties than before, since they don't occupes themselves in "politic affairs".

Now, speaking seriously: is there some info about a trouble in Princess of Asturias pregnancy? I've not heard anything, and I have TVE International...But maybe there IS a problem with her...Sincerily, I hope not!:neutral:

Vanesa.

Besides we will get a lot of pictures of Irene because when Leonor goes then the Infanta is the protagonist (as she always is everywhere she goes) and all the attention is on her. I remember last Holy Week in Mallorca we got loads of pix of Leonor but very little of Irene; it seemed like the press didn't even notice her.

BTW I just want to correct RaniaRocks, it is still possible to have nauseas at last semester of pregnancy because each pregnancy is different, and I'm speaking as a nurse, but I doubt that that would be the reason why Letizia won't be able to go to Mallorca. She's already in an advanced stage of her pregnancy, so I believe her attending physicians wouldn't allow her to fly.

I agree with you Vanesa. Letizia should make an effort. She is pregnant not ill. She is not the first woman to be pregnant, and, I'm sure she will not be the last. People should not get offended because some of us think she should appear in public and yes, take pictures for her people. That's in her job description, I'm sure. Regardless, we wish her the best today and always.

RaniaRocks said:
Hi girls don't worry I have being called from envious to whatever but some pleople have all the luck.:lol:
Letizia's pregnancies are more like a disease but I think everybody is already accustomed to "the typical pregnancy annoyencies" from month 1 :cool: I have never hear of nauseas on the verge of the delivery but she's so special even on that, so we better move on and talk about the rest of the Royal Family wish is plenty of interesting people and with plenty of kids to comment about, I can't wait to see Froilan the Menace :lol: who is growing so cute and handsome and Irene, the Duke's little Princess, for real. :wub: :rolleyes:

BTW. Isn't the person behind Queen Sofia her sister Irene?.

Well, to refute one point of yours, there are indeed cases where extreme nausea is experienced for the entirety of a pregnancy. This is called
Hyperemesis gravidarum. Please see here for further information. This is a problem that can and does land women in hospital, or worse.

I feel that your comment of her being "so special" and the sarcastic tone that you take with that to be somewhat out of context, as we do not know the details of the pregnancy. Furthermore, many women take breaks during pregnancy, and most do not have the stressful schedule that the Princess of Asturias has, nor the constant public appearances. As we are not in her position, we can not possibly know the stresses. She has also suffered a personal tragedy in the last few months, which would make her more susceptible to stress, no doubt.

Unless you are the personal physician of this woman, I do not believe that you are in any situation to judge her, or make pronouncements on her behaviour. And to call the pregnancies a disease is crossing a line I believe. As I said, many women have severe problems related or non related to other health problems that affect pregnancies and the energy to bear them. Please bear this in mind the next time that you wish to pass judgement.

For further information you may look at the Mayo Clinic, Institue Pasteur, American Journal of Medicine, etc. As you can see, this is a valid recognized illness.

Little appearance ? The mass is not in Madrid, but in Mallorca. You never heard of most airlines don't even take pregnant passengers who are at their last trimester ?
I simply don't see the reason to make a big fuss over a 8-month pregnant woman (not long ago had a Caesrean for the first child) who is not able to travel to Mallorca for a mass. It's not about effort or sacrifice, it's about safety, safety.

Last edited:
Roxsteve said:
lula said:
One thinks that already you speak only to be a nuisance and to provoke.:wacko:

I think your comment should be removed as so many are removed! It is very apparent that you enjoy biboquinhas comments so that you can also attack her. I think Biboquinhas is one of the few in this forum that makes sense when it comes to almighty Letizia. I thought we had a lenghty discussion about not calling other members names.

Dear Roxsteve: I think that nowadays, disagreements it's taken like offense or being "agressive" toward others,and it's generally expected that we said that all that Royals does is perfect. Lula was not provoking anyone here, but making her statesments. I have a different perception of the matter. The ones who posted after her attacked her, and were agressive to her...Not the opposite.

Some people must understand that we LIKE Royals and that is for this we are here. But when we likes someone and we see them commits mistakes we try to help them saying that we are not happy with their behaviour. We can't not speaks politics there, and I will not. I will only remind that, when Royals begings to do all what they wants, and living as if they ignores the public opinion, big troubles may occur. The satesments of: "It's not our affair where will they pass their Easter Vacation" shows this kind of spirit. In fact it's Spanish people affair, for the Borbons are their Royal Family. They can't do everything they wants, for they have duties toward Spain.

However, I must recognize that Spanish Royal Family is , in General accomplishing their duties more than excpected. I really likes them. I'm only becomes a little scared when I see some bad attitudes, copied from other royals, coming. Hope they will remain like they are just now! :flowers:

Vanesa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom