Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2004-2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is the Royal Family going to be in Mallorca?

Little_star said:
How long is the Royal Family going to be in Mallorca?

Until Sunday or Monday. On Tuesday already they have official acts in Madrid and the children return to the school.;)

lula said:
Until Sunday or Monday. On Tuesday already they have official acts in Madrid and the children return to the school.;)
don't they have easter vacation?

lilytornado said:
don't they have easter vacation?

In Spain it is celebrated more the Holy Week than that of Easter. This year the children began their school vacations last Friday and they conclude them on Monday of Easter (It is years in which the Holy Week is celebrated very soon and the school vacations begin on the Holy Wednesday and follow the whole week Easter). In Spain it is a holiday tomorrow, on Holy Friday, and in some communities also on Monday of Easter.
By tradition in Spain it is celebrated the Holy Week and there are hundreds of processions in the whole country.

It seems that today there are neither news nor photos, is Holy Friday and is a holiday so it will have to wait. It is supposed that today the Deliver of Prizes of the Ditch Princess Sofia already we will see this night if it comes or not someone of the Royal Family.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it strange that there are no photos of the princes of asturias? specially considering that they are in mallorca from the beggining of the week. Does that mean that they are not leaving Marivent? does it have a private beach where they can enjoy the sea and sun without paparazzis?

Ariel said:
Isn't it strange that there are no photos of the princes of asturias? specially considering that they are in mallorca from the beggining of the week. Does that mean that they are not leaving Marivent? does it have a private beach where they can enjoy the sea and sun without paparazzis?

Not, Marivent I believe that it does not have private beach, it has swimming pool. Probably they have gone out and the press has not seen them, or they have been in Marivent always it is a marvellous place to be with garden, swimming pool, fields of tennis or squash...;)
Neither really are photos of the Queen or of the Infanta Elena though the local press has commented that they went out of buys.

Thanks Lula! and yes you are right neither there are photos of Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena. Oh well..lets wait and see if there are more photos.

New photos, though it seems that the youngest girls continue remaining in house

From face to face

Attachments

• 00911410.jpg
    00911410.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 00911411.jpg
    00911411.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 418
  • 00911412.jpg
    00911412.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 00911413.jpg
    00911413.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 00911414.jpg
    00911414.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 00911415.jpg
    00911415.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 424
  • 00911416.jpg
    00911416.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 00911417.jpg
    00911417.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 00911409.jpg
    00911409.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
More from face to face

Attachments

• 00911418.jpg
    00911418.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 00911420.jpg
    00911420.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 00911419.jpg
    00911419.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 345
Thanks for the Photos :)

From Hellomagazine:
EUROPE'S ROYALS ENJOY BUCKET-AND-SPADE HOLS ON MAJORCA

Easter week has seen a wave of young European royal families heading for the ever-popular Mediterranean island of Majorca with their buckets and spades to soak up some sunshine during the school break.

Spain's Infanta Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarin, have really had their hands full: as well as their own children - Pablo, Miguel and Irene - they were also taking care of their niece and nephew Felipe Juan Froilan and Victoria Federica, the Duke and Duchess of Lugo's offspring.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2006/04/14/royalholidays/

Last edited:
thank you for the photographs which these children are adorable Victoria grew and is increasingly pretty

thanks, that well but photos of the real holidays, these children are precious, the queen has to be well happy to be with them :p

Thanks for the Face to Face pictures lula! :)

There is a little boy in a yellow and brown jacket in the last few pictures who must've been there with his family and just got "caught" in the pictures of the royal family.

I thought this picture was pretty amusing. Miguel seems to be glaring at this little boy when nobody else has noticed him at all!

lula said:

Thank you.

Lovely pictures of Queen Sofia, she seems such a sweet Grandma.

From terra:

The Queen Sofia during the act of delivery of the prizes of 37 Trophy SAR Princess Sofia, which has been celebrated this week in waters of the bay of Palm

Attachments

• 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 720.jpg
    720.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 7207.jpg
    7207.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 206
  • 7207b.jpg
    7207b.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 7207bc.jpg
    7207bc.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 7207bcd.jpg
    7207bcd.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Did she dye her hair or it's just me? Or maybe the light was different... In the pics with Elena, Cristina and kids she looks normal... And now it looks more brown...:confused:

guys, i don't think the princes are in majorca.i think they are holidaing somewhere else but they will be present on monday.
thank you for all photos.waiting for monday although i am sure we won't see leonor there.

Does TVe broadcast Monday's mass live?if so when?
thank you

aryo said:
Does TVe broadcast Monday's mass live?if so when?
thank you

The mass is Sunday, and is not broadcast by television. ;)

I have an parecion that elena son changed a lot ..

thanks lula for answering and correcting me

Anna_R said:
Any idea of what Pablo is putting in Dad's head?:)

It looks like one of the glass figurines they got at the store or some other kind of toy.:) If you look at the other pics you can see him holding a figurine.

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=Imagen%20002-20060412073824.jpg
Does Cristina have her ears pierced twice?:p
I don't think that's very common in the European RFs:cool:

I need to know whether I'm seeing things or not;)

And on the other hand, have you realized that Pablo stayed with Irene in the hotel while the rest of the family went to the beach? that's what I call brotherly love! :)

crisiñaki said:
Sorry, didn't want to quote myself:eek: but I need to know whether I'm seeing things or not;)

And on the other hand, have you realized that Pablo stayed with Irene in the hotel while the rest of the family went to the beach? that's what I call brotherly love! :)

I think you're right crisiñaki, it does appear that Cristina has two stud earrings in her left ear!

Oh I forgot to say, wondeful pics of the family on the beach and shopping! They are such an adorable family!! You just gotta love 'em!:D :D

http://www.ultimahora.es/discreto.dba?-1+12+0

Royal breeze marinades

The Queen was done to the sea accompanied of her two daughters, Elena and Cristina, her son-in-law Iñaki and the children of these
There is no doubt that the grandsons of their Majesties the Kings have inherited the love that their grandparents have towards the sea and the nautical sports. In the middle of the morning of yesterday, Holy Friday, the queen dona Sofía, to the steering wheel of her car and accompanied of her daughter the infanta Elena and her grandsons Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica, they went up to the tie of the "Somni", one of the crafts of the Royal House, in Portopí's military naval base.
After them there were coming the dukes of Palm, the infanta Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, and the small Michael, Juan Valentín, Irene and Paul Nicolás, ready to spend a good moment in high seas, all together. Once they all inside the rapid craft, took course towards the portahelicópteros that exists in the middle of the bay, close to the field of ditches where yesterday celebrated one more day of the trophy Princess Sofia of Wind.
It was traversing a slight and fresh air, but the sunny day was inviting to enjoying the good time, though when the sky was becoming cloudy it was necessary to shelter. This way so, illuminating sports apparel, the members of the Royal Family, with the exception of the King and the Princes, Felipe and Letizia, the small Leonor and the duke of Lugo, Jaime de Marichalar, were during the morning seeing all that was happening opposite to the bay of Palm on board of the "Somni". The small ones were contemplating the small crafts of light candle that were taking part in the edition XXXVII of the Trophy Princess Sofia.
When we approach, on board of another launch, we could see how Victoria Federica was chatting with her aunt the infanta Cristina and this one, after listening to her, it was turned towards her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, and both were smiling. After them, Felipe Juan Froilán, more to his air and worry. We saw the Queen very smiling. Dona Sofía showed a book to Iñaki, " My Fifty Years ", which reports the memories of the prince Nicolás of Greece.
This way so, the Queen and her daughters passed on the Holy Friday in family, since it marks the tradition.

Attachments

• ehsql2.jpg
    ehsql2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 384
http://www.ultimahora.es/discreto.dba?-1+12+356061

Playing with dad

The duke of Palm, Iñaki Urdangarín, he enjoyed his children and his nephew in the Parc of the Sea Days of vacations in family and outdoors, which there are enjoying the members of the Spanish Royal Family in Majorca. Since it is in the habit of being traditional, Marivent's Palace shows great activity during these days of Holy Week, where the Kings together with their children, sons-in-law and grandsons pass the days of Easter. Many are the occasions that the Majorcans and tourists we have to see the Monarches, the princes of Asturias, the dukes of Palm or the dukes of Lugo lengthways and width of the Island. And last Thursday another opportunity was given to us. We could contemplate the doting father Iñaki Urdangarín, who accompanied his three children, Miguel, Juan and Pablo, together with his nephew, Froilán, the Parc of the Sea.

Once there, the small ones enjoyed in the zone of the slides, swings and also of the football. Though we continue waiting for the princes of Asturias and for their daughter, the infanta Leonor, assurance that of today does not pass and we see her. Or like much, tomorrow, in the Seu, in the mass of Easter, at which for enough years the Royal Family is present the complete one. Meanwhile, we have continued to the expectation.
As we were saying last Holy Thursday, the family little by little goes meeting in Palm. And if on Wednesday we were surprising the Queen and her daughter, the infanta dona Elena, of buys, on Thursday we us stumble over Iñaki Urdangarín, playing with the small ones.

Monitored discreetly over the safety members, Iñaki Urdangarín played a long moment with his children and his nephew Froilán. With them he played a partidito of football, sat down on the grass and chatted with them, walked and in the middle of the evening they left the Parc of the Sea; the small Pablo to shoulders of his father, whereas Miguel, Juan and Froilán were chatting. Certainly, the small ones already are made a few hombrecitos. So it, that up to tomorrow. That in the Seu it is sure that we see the Royal Family to the complete one, as every year.

crisiñaki said:
Pablo was in the beach
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=237752&d=1144831328

Irene would be in the Palace of Marivent with the babysitter, they are not in any hotel.;)

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reina_palma_princesa_sofia_vela_833371.htm

The Queen delivers in Palm the prizes of the Princesa Sofia of Sail

The Queen Sofia delivered this night in the Conference hall of the Spanish Village of Palm the prizes of 37 edition of the trophy of SAR Princess Sofía-Mapfre, that throughout last six days there have disputed in the Bay palmesana almost 1.500 participants of 39 countries.
Dona Sofía was accompanied forthwith by the consellera inhabitant of the Balearic Islands of Presidency and Sports, Rosa Puig; the mayor of Palm, Catalina Cirer; and the delegate of the Government, Ramon Socías, between other authorities.
Between the winning ones there was the British regatista Nick Dempsey, who today achieved the absolute victory of 37 edition of the tilt, when won in six of twelve sleeves disputed in the class Neil Pryde RS:X masculine.
Since it is traditional it hopes that the Kings are present on Sunday at the mass of the Easter of Resurrection that will be celebrated in the Cathedral of Palm, to which also other members of the Royal Family might come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom