Easter Holidays 2016 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Easter Holidays 2016/2019

162px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spanish_Monarch.svg.png

Last edited:
Sunday easter service is on March 27th? Can't wait to see Leonor and Sofia. Leonor is going to be 11 years old this year, she is soon becoming a teenager.

The queen's sister Princess Irene of Greece was also present :previous:

Queen Sofia and her sister Irene attend a procession in Palma

@JenniferCaste_s

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeY1mNsWIAA3oZH.jpg

Infanta Pilar and her daughter Simoneta attend a procession in Malaga

La Legión en el traslado de Mena - diariosur.es
Las imágenes del traslado del Cristo de Mena en el Jueves Santo

Infabnta Elena attends a procession at the Royal Palace in Madrid

Video

Salida del Cristo de los Alabarderos del Palacio Real | Telemadrid

Infanta Pilar, Simoneta and Fernando also attended the procession at the Royal Palace.

https://www.revistavanityfair.es/ce...iones-de-semana-santa-2016/10838/image/647772

La infanta Elena en procesión del Cristo de los Alabarderos - Zeleb.es

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tD23XxHqXA

Last edited by a moderator:
Infanta Pilar is in a wheelchair,hope she is ok!

For the Poles out there and those that live near cities like Buffalo, NY, Cleveland, OH; Milwaukee, WI, South Bend, IN and others I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Dyngus Day. From politics, to kielbasa, to odd rites of spring traditions this is one Happy Day! Stay safe and perty like a Sokol!

^^^I think it's time we start an Easter traditions thread much like our popular Christmas one! I'd love to see photos of everyone's Easter traditions being celebrated around the world.

:previous: That's a good suggestion, it would be interesting to read about Spanish and international Easter traditions. :flowers:

Thank you to those who have shared the photos and videos of this year's Easter service. It seemed that apart from Queen Sofia and King Felipe, everyone was dressed quite informally but then again, people tend to dress more casually for church and I know this has already been discussed in the "Fashion for the little royals" thread, so I won't say anything more about it.

Leonor and Sofia are beautiful little girls, and Sofia is getting so tall! I think she is the same height as her older sister now. If I hadn't known who they were, I would've thought that they were unidentical twins. They are getting a similar hair colour too, but I think Sofia's is a bit lighter than Leonor's.

Lovely. J-C is rarely ever seen with the rest of his family!

He hasn't attended in years and its a pity we don't get to see him with his granddaughters ,its more or less always the lovely queen Sofia.

Just watched it on the TV news. Sofia Jr has got so big! She looks older than 10 :ohmy:

Leo and Sof are not little girls anymore, they look and behave like pre-teens. It was great to see them at the church, they were at their best proper princess mode. Leonor has the most gorgeous smile.

Everybody else looked great too, especially Queen Sofia.

Both girls growing up so fast, especially Sofia :flowers:

Disappointed JC isn't there. Seems he is like Albert, disappearing since abdication. Seem very rarely pictured with the new king and queen. It's a shame, nice to see him with his granddaughters. At least Sofia is often with them. I love seeing the different generations. I love seeing the Danes, Norweigans, and Dutch grabdparents with their grandkids. And Elizabeth out riding with her grandkids.

Nice family. :)

You'd be forgiven for thinking Sofia is the oldest. She sure is tall!

Both girls growing up so fast, especially Sofia :flowers:

Disappointed JC isn't there. Seems he is like Albert, disappearing since abdication. Seem very rarely pictured with the new king and queen. It's a shame, nice to see him with his granddaughters. At least Sofia is often with them. I love seeing the different generations. I love seeing the Danes, Norweigans, and Dutch grabdparents with their grandkids. And Elizabeth out riding with her grandkids.

I like seeing pictures of the royal grandparents with their grandchildren, too, but I guess one of the benefits of abdication is being able to dispense with any duties or traditions you don't care for. Hopefully JC still spends plenty of time with all his grandchildren in private.

Back
Top Bottom