Old 03-26-2018, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia and Princess Irene attend a charity concert in Palma de Mallorca

https://ultimahora.es/noticias/cultu...-home-seu.html
https://mallorcaconfidencial.com/201...-projecte-home

Old 03-28-2018, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder if we will see King Juan Carlos this year for the Easter Sunday Mass at the Cathedral of Palma de Mallorca?
Old 03-30-2018, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia attends the procession of Good Friday of Palma

Semana Santa en Mallorca: La reina Sofía asiste a la procesión del Viernes Santo de Palma - Diario de Mallorca
Old 04-01-2018, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Some more photos of today can also be found here:

** ppe gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Spanish Royals Attend Easter Mass in Palma de Mallorca **
Old 04-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a surprise to see King Juan Carlos with the rest of the family at Easter Sunday Mass.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 04-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Infanta Sofia is higher than her sister!
Old 04-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Courtier

And more photos from Daily Mail

Queen Letizia celebrates Easter with King Felipe and daughters Princess Sofia and Leonor | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Old 04-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Good grief! The DM claimed that the POPE was there with the royal family for today's Easter Mass.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was really pleasantly surprising to see Juan Carlos there earlier! He seems to be rekindling with Sofia lately as we've been hearing reports of them together more often so I hope this means that he will now be a more frequent attender of family events than in the past.
Leonor and Sofia are as pretty as always; I'm starting to see a bit of Queen Sofia in her little namesake, though I still think that Sofia jr. largely looks like Juan Carlos and Felipe the most. The girls are getting so tall now, they'll be the same hight as Letizia soon.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Good grief! The DM claimed that the POPE was there with the royal family for today's Easter Mass.
The Holy Father was very much in Rome ,typical DM reporting mistaking the bishop for the Pope!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Majesty

Saw this video on twitter, Sofia with her two granddaughters, posing for a photo, Letizia getting in between not letting it happen, ... sad

http://www.mediterraneodigital.com/g...de-pascua.html
https://twitter.com/rabillodelojo/st...46332273479683
https://www.huffingtonpost.es/amp/20...mpression=true
Old 04-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Did any other RF go to church on Easter Sunday besides the Spanish and British RFs ?
Old 04-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Did any other RF go to church on Easter Sunday besides the Spanish and British RFs ?
Most likely but in most other (royal) families going to church is not a media event.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Most likely but in most other (royal) families going to church is not a media event.
Royals are photographed pretty much wherever they go in public these days. I would expect pictures of Maxima or Mary leaving church too, especially if they were also with their kids. It surprises me that only the British and Spanish royal families get media coverage on the Easter holiday.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Royals are photographed pretty much wherever they go in public these days. I would expect pictures of Maxima or Mary leaving church too, especially if they were also with their kids. It surprises me that only the British and Spanish royal families get media coverage on the Easter holiday.
I saw photos of Queen Margrethe at church on Easter Sunday, she was with friends, no family.
I think Norwegian and Swedish royals do go, but they have chapels in the castle so we don’t see them. I’m also sure Belgian and Luxembourgish royals go to church, but they’re never photographed. I think the Dutch press doesn’t publish private photos of the royal family, we never see Maxima off duty or the princesses. I’ve read that Maxima goes to church regularly.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Dutch media code works very well. The royal family is not photographed when privately going about their business (or at least these pictures aren't published - they are fine with 'fans' or 'normal people' taking pictures); so no pictures doesn't say that they are not doing something. I'm not necessarily saying that they went to church but no pictures published doesn't proof anything - it is known that the princesses play sports in competitions and no pictures are published... Furthermore, I know for sure that princess Beatrix attends church at times (as a former colleague of mine went to the same church) and we never see any pictures of her doing so.

The Danish Royal Family is photographed a bit more in private but might be abroad for the Easter holiday? Or not attend church or just aren't photographed while doing so... as it is not such a staged event like especially the Spanish yearly attendance in Mallorca.

I would expect the Belgians and Luxembourgish families to attend mass (although at least the Belgian RF tends to spend Easter abroad, so they might be lucky and not get 'caught' by cameras/paparazis).