Easter Holidays 2016 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice family. :)

You'd be forgiven for thinking Sofia is the oldest. She sure is tall!

Both girls are going to be tall but Sofia is going to be like her daddy, very, very tall.

Leonor still melts me. She is so delicate and appears to have such a big heart. Looking at videos she always turns to anyone calling her name or responds to an outstretched hand. Queen Sofia has mentioned several times how kind, calm and observant she is.

They are just growing so fast <sight>.

http://imagenes-cdn.mallorcazeitung.es/multimedia/fotos/2017/04/16/89363/37a7396-15_g.jpg

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:113653833:1800x650:w?v=58e89a2f&m=bkkchgoh

http://www.mujerhoy.com/multimedia/...a/sofia_misa_pascua-kPX--600x900@MujerHoy.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Attends+Easter+Mass+Palma+de+f8dhJeKOUv7x.jpg

Last edited:
Easter Holidays 2016/2017

It's nice to see photos of the SRF attending the mass.

You'd be forgiven for thinking Sofia is the oldest. She sure is tall!

That's just what I was thinking! She's shot up to Leonor already. They are beautiful girls, and I loved their outfits too.

Last edited:
Easter Holidays 2016/2017

Juan Carlos did not attend this years Easter mass?

Erm, well, I saw a comment mentioning him attending something and took that to mean he attended the mass. I only had time to look at a few photos this evening. Nothing to question - obviously a misreading that I've now corrected...

I wonder if we will see King Juan Carlos this year for the Easter Sunday Mass at the Cathedral of Palma de Mallorca?

What a surprise to see King Juan Carlos with the rest of the family at Easter Sunday Mass.

It was really pleasantly surprising to see Juan Carlos there earlier! He seems to be rekindling with Sofia lately as we've been hearing reports of them together more often so I hope this means that he will now be a more frequent attender of family events than in the past.
Leonor and Sofia are as pretty as always; I'm starting to see a bit of Queen Sofia in her little namesake, though I still think that Sofia jr. largely looks like Juan Carlos and Felipe the most. The girls are getting so tall now, they'll be the same hight as Letizia soon.

Good grief! The DM claimed that the POPE was there with the royal family for today's Easter Mass. :ohmy:

The Holy Father was very much in Rome ,typical DM reporting mistaking the bishop for the Pope!

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Did any other RF go to church on Easter Sunday besides the Spanish and British RFs ?

Did any other RF go to church on Easter Sunday besides the Spanish and British RFs ?

Most likely but in most other (royal) families going to church is not a media event.

Most likely but in most other (royal) families going to church is not a media event.

Royals are photographed pretty much wherever they go in public these days. I would expect pictures of Maxima or Mary leaving church too, especially if they were also with their kids. It surprises me that only the British and Spanish royal families get media coverage on the Easter holiday.

Royals are photographed pretty much wherever they go in public these days. I would expect pictures of Maxima or Mary leaving church too, especially if they were also with their kids. It surprises me that only the British and Spanish royal families get media coverage on the Easter holiday.

I saw photos of Queen Margrethe at church on Easter Sunday, she was with friends, no family.
I think Norwegian and Swedish royals do go, but they have chapels in the castle so we don’t see them. I’m also sure Belgian and Luxembourgish royals go to church, but they’re never photographed. I think the Dutch press doesn’t publish private photos of the royal family, we never see Maxima off duty or the princesses. I’ve read that Maxima goes to church regularly.

The Dutch media code works very well. The royal family is not photographed when privately going about their business (or at least these pictures aren't published - they are fine with 'fans' or 'normal people' taking pictures); so no pictures doesn't say that they are not doing something. I'm not necessarily saying that they went to church but no pictures published doesn't proof anything - it is known that the princesses play sports in competitions and no pictures are published... Furthermore, I know for sure that princess Beatrix attends church at times (as a former colleague of mine went to the same church) and we never see any pictures of her doing so.

The Danish Royal Family is photographed a bit more in private but might be abroad for the Easter holiday? Or not attend church or just aren't photographed while doing so... as it is not such a staged event like especially the Spanish yearly attendance in Mallorca.

I would expect the Belgians and Luxembourgish families to attend mass (although at least the Belgian RF tends to spend Easter abroad, so they might be lucky and not get 'caught' by cameras/paparazis).

Posts discussing the incident between Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia have been moved to the Relationships between Members of the Spanish Royal Family thread.

Its not long until Easter Sunday normally Queen Sofia and her sister Princess Irene arrive in Palma de Mallorca on Holy Week for the Easter Holidays.

:previous:

Here's a video of their arrival at the aquarium:

So far only Sofia and her sister show a presence on the island, Letizia took a plane last Friday (a week ago) with her daughters to Rome while Felipe was supposed to join them last Tuesday. They are expected today in Palma. So the best guess is that all we will get to see is a super-fake-choreographed family outing tomorrow, one year after the War of the Queens the press will be watching carefully.

The whereabouts of Juan Carlos are unknown.

https://www.diezminutos.es/familia-...rincesa-leonor-infanta-sofia-vacaciones-roma/
https://translate.google.de/transla...rincesa-leonor-infanta-sofia-vacaciones-roma/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom