Dutch Introductory Visit to Spain: September 18, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
TM will pay a introductory visit to Spain on september 18th.

They will be received by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and have lunch at which Los Principes de Asturias will be in attendance too.

TM will pay a introductory visit to Spain on september 18th.

They will be received by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and have lunch at which Los Principes de Asturias will be in attendance too.

Just saw that on Hola,looking forward to the visit to Spain.

I wonder if they will actually release a picture of the lunch or just the welcome. In Luxembourg we didn't get to see Stephanie and Guillaume, although they did attend the lunch.

The Dutch king and queen will also visit the Congreso de los Diputados, thehouse of representatives and they will meet PM Mariano Rajoy at the Palacio de la Moncloa.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/nieuws...ingin-brengen-kennismakingsbezoek-aan-spanje/

It is said that the Belgian king and queen will do a simular round of introduction visits, which is something to look forward to.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will actually release a picture of the lunch or just the welcome. In Luxembourg we didn't get to see Stephanie and Guillaume, although they did attend the lunch.

The Dutch king and queen will also visit the Congreso de los Diputados, thehouse of representatives and they will meet PM Mariano Rajoy at the Palacio de la Moncloa.

Koning en Koningin brengen kennismakingsbezoek aan Spanje - Het Koninklijk Huis

It is said that the Belgian king and queen will do a simular round of introduction visits, which is something to look forward to.

The Spanish RF normally just pose outside the main entrance to the Zarzuela Palace with their guests,that was the case with the recent visit by the Crown Prince of Japan and others.

If no photos of Maxima and Letizia together, probably the Spanish press will organize a riot :whistling:

Yes,Filip and Queen Mathilde will visit Sweden on cotober 14th,the initial date of the introductury visit by WA and Máxima to Belgium,before the change on the Throne there.

Yes,Filip and Queen Mathilde will visit Sweden on october 14th,the initial date of the introductury visit by WA and Máxima to Belgium,before the change on the Throne there.

I cant recall the other visits, have we already seen one of the CPs now curtsying to Maxima or Mathilde? It will be a really strange sight!

All of their other visits have been monarch to monarch. No CPs were in attendence. In Denmark Prince Joachim and Mare attended but the photocall was with Queen Margrethe and Henrik.

As the current crowned heads are all aging fast it won't be long before WA and M will be the senior reigning monarchs. What does that entail?

That's a long time off ,I'm sure the current Monarchs will be around for another few years if not more.

I don't think it will be too long before abdications will become the norm rather than the exception it used to be. I also believe that QEII will be last Brithish monarch to die on the throne and the next abdications will be K Juan Carlos followed by K Harald and Q Margaretha, all before the decade is up. Just some illogical speculation on my part.
But my question remains. What does it entail to be the most senior reighning monarch?
What's the protocol?

I don't think it will be too long before abdications will become the norm rather than the exception it used to be. I also believe that QEII will be last Brithish monarch to die on the throne and the next abdications will be K Juan Carlos followed by K Harald and Q Margaretha, all before the decade is up. Just some illogical speculation on my part.
But my question remains. What does it entail to be the most senior reighning monarch?
What's the protocol?

There are threads and discussions regarding all of the above elsewhere on the forum,this one however is regarding an Introductory visit to Spain on September 18th.

Maybe try the General Royal Discussion area

General Royal Discussion - The Royal Forums

Visit of the King and Queen of the Netherlands

Their Majesties the King and Queen, who will be accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Asturias and HRH Infanta Elena, will offer a lunch at Zarzuela Palace in honor of His Majesty King Willem-Alexander and Her Majesty Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, on the occasion of their official presentation visit to Spain.

Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Asturias will welcome them at Barajas Airport on their arrival in Spain.

During this visit, the King and Queen of the Netherlands will visit the House of Representatives and hold a meeting with the Prime Minister, Mariano Rajoy, in Moncloa Palace.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Visita de presentación de Sus Majestades los Reyes de los Países Bajos

Its quite nice that Crown Prince Couple will be greeting them at the airport. I actually really like that about them that they do greet incoming guests.

Its quite nice that Crown Prince Couple will be greeting them at the airport. I actually really like that about them that they do greet incoming guests.

Yes its a very nice and personal touch!

I cant recall the other visits, have we already seen one of the CPs now curtsying to Maxima or Mathilde? It will be a really strange sight!

no, there has been no curtsies yet. in the netherlands i've been told that curtsies and bows are not used - hence why we didn't see any at the coronation by other princesses. and since the introductory visits have been at a monarch level, there was no opportunity for those in luxembourg or denmark. but i'm convinced that the well-prepared and methodic princess letizia will today offer the best of curtsies to her long time friend queen maxima today at the airport. :)

12:30 Official Reception at "Torrejón de Ardoz" Air Base

13:00 Lunch at Zarzuela Palace

15: 30 Visit to the Congress of the Deputies

17:30 Meeting with the President Mariano Rajoy at Moncloa Palace

4 wonderful looking people, especially both ladies :flowers::flowers::flowers:
Bye Bine

the queen and letizia both looked as usual lovely in those pastel colours and very relaxed.

nice touch that it was felipe driving the car from the airport and not the typical official car where both couples would separate into 2 different cars while being driven! i guess the spanish know how to make people feel at home and add that personal touch - although i must admit i like the official protocol and having 2 different cars :)

EDIT:
just to add to the "unofficial-ness", this article mentions how the plane that their majesties used was actually being piloted by WA. well done, sir!

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/09/18/gentes/1379503426.html

no, there has been no curtsies yet. in the netherlands i've been told that curtsies and bows are not used - hence why we didn't see any at the coronation by other princesses. and since the introductory visits have been at a monarch level, there was no opportunity for those in luxembourg or denmark. but i'm convinced that the well-prepared and methodic princess letizia will today offer the best of curtsies to her long time friend queen maxima today at the airport. :)

Here we go:
http://www.semana.es/elarmariodeletizia/files/image219.jpg?c1997b

Back
Top Bottom