The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Majesty

Dutch Introductory Visit to Spain; September 18, 2013

TM will pay a introductory visit to Spain on september 18th.

They will be received by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and have lunch at which Los Principes de Asturias will be in attendance too.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
TM will pay a introductory visit to Spain on september 18th.

They will be received by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and have lunch at which Los Principes de Asturias will be in attendance too.
Just saw that on Hola,looking forward to the visit to Spain.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I wonder if they will actually release a picture of the lunch or just the welcome. In Luxembourg we didn't get to see Stephanie and Guillaume, although they did attend the lunch.

The Dutch king and queen will also visit the Congreso de los Diputados, thehouse of representatives and they will meet PM Mariano Rajoy at the Palacio de la Moncloa.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/nieuws/...ek-aan-spanje/

It is said that the Belgian king and queen will do a simular round of introduction visits, which is something to look forward to.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I wonder if they will actually release a picture of the lunch or just the welcome. In Luxembourg we didn't get to see Stephanie and Guillaume, although they did attend the lunch.

The Dutch king and queen will also visit the Congreso de los Diputados, thehouse of representatives and they will meet PM Mariano Rajoy at the Palacio de la Moncloa.

Koning en Koningin brengen kennismakingsbezoek aan Spanje - Het Koninklijk Huis

It is said that the Belgian king and queen will do a simular round of introduction visits, which is something to look forward to.

The Spanish RF normally just pose outside the main entrance to the Zarzuela Palace with their guests,that was the case with the recent visit by the Crown Prince of Japan and others.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

If no photos of Maxima and Letizia together, probably the Spanish press will organize a riot
Old 09-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Yes,Filip and Queen Mathilde will visit Sweden on cotober 14th,the initial date of the introductury visit by WA and Mxima to Belgium,before the change on the Throne there.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Yes,Filip and Queen Mathilde will visit Sweden on october 14th,the initial date of the introductury visit by WA and Mxima to Belgium,before the change on the Throne there.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I cant recall the other visits, have we already seen one of the CPs now curtsying to Maxima or Mathilde? It will be a really strange sight!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

All of their other visits have been monarch to monarch. No CPs were in attendence. In Denmark Prince Joachim and Mare attended but the photocall was with Queen Margrethe and Henrik.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Commoner

As the current crowned heads are all aging fast it won't be long before WA and M will be the senior reigning monarchs. What does that entail?
Old 09-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

That's a long time off ,I'm sure the current Monarchs will be around for another few years if not more.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Commoner

I don't think it will be too long before abdications will become the norm rather than the exception it used to be. I also believe that QEII will be last Brithish monarch to die on the throne and the next abdications will be K Juan Carlos followed by K Harald and Q Margaretha, all before the decade is up. Just some illogical speculation on my part.
But my question remains. What does it entail to be the most senior reighning monarch?
What's the protocol?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridderzaal View Post
I don't think it will be too long before abdications will become the norm rather than the exception it used to be. I also believe that QEII will be last Brithish monarch to die on the throne and the next abdications will be K Juan Carlos followed by K Harald and Q Margaretha, all before the decade is up. Just some illogical speculation on my part.
But my question remains. What does it entail to be the most senior reighning monarch?
What's the protocol?
There are threads and discussions regarding all of the above elsewhere on the forum,this one however is regarding an Introductory visit to Spain on September 18th.

Maybe try the General Royal Discussion area

General Royal Discussion - The Royal Forums
Old 09-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

As ser la visita fugaz de Guillermo y Mxima de Holanda a Espaa audiencia con los reyes, almuerzo con los prncipes y despacho con Mariano Rajoy
Translation
Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Visit of the King and Queen of the Netherlands

Their Majesties the King and Queen, who will be accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Asturias and HRH Infanta Elena, will offer a lunch at Zarzuela Palace in honor of His Majesty King Willem-Alexander and Her Majesty Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, on the occasion of their official presentation visit to Spain.

Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Asturias will welcome them at Barajas Airport on their arrival in Spain.

During this visit, the King and Queen of the Netherlands will visit the House of Representatives and hold a meeting with the Prime Minister, Mariano Rajoy, in Moncloa Palace.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de Espaa - Actividades y Agenda - Visita de presentacin de Sus Majestades los Reyes de los Pases Bajos
Old 09-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

Los reyes de Holanda almorzarn el mircoles en Zarzuela y se reunir | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 09-16-2013, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Its quite nice that Crown Prince Couple will be greeting them at the airport. I actually really like that about them that they do greet incoming guests.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Its quite nice that Crown Prince Couple will be greeting them at the airport. I actually really like that about them that they do greet incoming guests.
Yes its a very nice and personal touch!
Old 09-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I cant recall the other visits, have we already seen one of the CPs now curtsying to Maxima or Mathilde? It will be a really strange sight!
no, there has been no curtsies yet. in the netherlands i've been told that curtsies and bows are not used - hence why we didn't see any at the coronation by other princesses. and since the introductory visits have been at a monarch level, there was no opportunity for those in luxembourg or denmark. but i'm convinced that the well-prepared and methodic princess letizia will today offer the best of curtsies to her long time friend queen maxima today at the airport.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-18-2013, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

12:30 Official Reception at "Torrejn de Ardoz" Air Base

13:00 Lunch at Zarzuela Palace

15: 30 Visit to the Congress of the Deputies

17:30 Meeting with the President Mariano Rajoy at Moncloa Palace

Tags
crown prince felipe, crown princess letizia, infanta elena, king juan carlos, king willem-alexander, queen maxima, queen sofia