Dutch Introductory Visit to Spain: September 18, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there is no doubt Willem-Alexander,Queen Maxima,Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia are very good friends it was great to see them toghter i loved the photos thanks for sharing all those links.

There are some pictures of WA and Maxima with AAA on vacation with Felipe and Letizia and the 2 Infantas in Spain a few years back.

Last edited:
What wonderful pictures! I was shocked at the King's appearance, however, I guess i haven't seen him for a while. The Queen, however, must have a portrait in her closet..
Maxima obviously kept things light and happy, what an asset she is! so nice to see Letitzia curtsey to her.

I wonder what language they're using? Everyone besides W-A is either a native or long time speaker of Spanish. I understand that he has been learning the language since marrying Maxima.

WA speaks spanish afluent!:)

wow! he flew the plane, suprb, guess he had a co-pilot too? how many staff they take in a visit like that ! it is not such long flight and for the day so they came back to the AAA for dinner I guess! She looks stunning and this jewelery ar breathtaking! I wonder how it goes with the girls, mami and daddy said girls we go to spain for a couple of hours and see you for dinner! wow everything is incredible! I wonder why the Spanish ladies are not using much hats for evenets, what is the history about that? Maxima top it up with the jewelery now Leticia didn't have any rings?

Maxima and Letizia are beautiful, love their dress :D.

wow! he flew the plane, suprb, guess he had a co-pilot too? how many staff they take in a visit like that ! it is not such long flight and for the day so they came back to the AAA for dinner I guess! She looks stunning and this jewelery ar breathtaking! I wonder how it goes with the girls, mami and daddy said girls we go to spain for a couple of hours and see you for dinner! wow everything is incredible! I wonder why the Spanish ladies are not using much hats for evenets, what is the history about that? Maxima top it up with the jewelery now Leticia didn't have any rings?

I think a party of around 10 people left the plane, among the Mr. Frans Timmermans, minister of Foreign Affairs and Elizabeth barones van Wassenaer, lady-in-waiting of the Queen.

I saw in a video that Felipe drove Willem-Alexander, Maxima, and Letizia from the airport to the Palace. Is that normal protocol?

I wonder if he few the plane back? Great if he did after a busy day and probably tired

I saw in a video that Felipe drove Willem-Alexander, Maxima, and Letizia from the airport to the Palace. Is that normal protocol?

Its not really protocol, but I think it is a nice touch, especially when the couples know each other so well.

JC and Sofia might not be in the first flush of love, or even as close as most other Royal couples...and their relationship has obviously taken some hits in the past couple of years. But I have never believed the rumors of open hostility and coldness between them.

Thanks, DoM.:cool:

Fair point. None of us knows for certain what the state of the royal marriage actually is. That said, I think that Sofia is perfectly capable of having staged that impromptu kiss in front of the press just to end the rumours for now.

Fair point. None of us knows for certain what the state of the royal marriage actually is. That said, I think that Sofia is perfectly capable of having staged that impromptu kiss in front of the press just to end the rumours for now.

absolutely! and juanito couldn't escape because he is on crutches and unstable on his feet :p

What wonderful pictures! I was shocked at the King's appearance, however, I guess i haven't seen him for a while. The Queen, however, must have a portrait in her closet..
Maxima obviously kept things light and happy, what an asset she is! so nice to see Letitzia curtsey to her.

We will see the other CPs curtsey to WA and Maxima (and Phillipe and Mathilde) now. That has to feel a little strange on both sides, do you think?

True. Also with the dire situation in Spain right now, it would not surprise me if a bit of "siege mentality" has settled over the members of the SRF and they have drawn tighter together as a result.

It would be perfectly understandable because if one goes down, they all do.:sad:

Thanks everyone for the pictures, videos and links - I'm really enjoying these introductory visits and it is nice to see how each one is done! As usual, I think Queen Maxima looks as beautiful as ever and every inch a queen!
It was so nice to see Infanta Christina at the lunch too.

For me, it is intriguing to be witnessing the very start of a kings reign - a new king is a rare thing - well, perhaps not for 2013!

IMO, King Juan Carlos has looked quite frail like that throughout the year, but doesn't look any worse, thank goodness.

The kiss made it to most newspapers. Though in can be interpreted in various ways the consensus seems to be that the couple probably didn't see each other for some time - hence the greeting on the stairs.

The kiss made it to most newspapers. Though in can be interpreted in various ways the consensus seems to be that the couple probably didn't see each other for some time - hence the greeting on the stairs.

I heard Sofia gave her hubby a kiss because she heard of the possible hip operation right before the lunch, wished him good luck.

Last edited:

Its well possible that they didnt see each other for a while, but they defo met inside before greeting WAX. Sofia knows how to play the media too.

The pink press front covers doesnt make the kiss but the lady duo Max & Letizia and their 'style duel' :p
http://www.ecestaticos.com/imagesta...eaad8cf28663573419f45be3.jpg?mtime=1379919927
http://www.ecestaticos.com/imagesta...147a78eea575927b2697a481.jpg?mtime=1379919913
http://www.ecestaticos.com/imagesta...8f69eec0753d42699736c45a.jpg?mtime=1379919924

I heard Sofia gave her hubby a kiss because she heard of the possible hip operation right before the lunch, wished him good luck.

I guess that's plausible it certainly warrants a kiss I guess!

Back
Top Bottom