Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Commoner

Notre condolences.und tres Grande dame,

Vous avait bien raison,

Old 11-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Nobility

She was an extraordinary lady. may she rest in peace.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

She was a great lady, full of vivacity and personnality. She had a full life, she did everything as per her own path and choices, but she never lost esteem and love of her family, friends and "her people".

RIP Dona Cayetana, you did not have Goya to paint you, but you will stay to our memories, as per your homonumous ancestor.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Palaces, priceless art and sprawling estates: a look at the Duchess of Alba's legacy

Palaces, priceless art and sprawling estates: a look at the Duchess of Alba's legacy - hellomagazine.com
Old 11-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Majesty

Where was the duchess buried? I saw no mention or photographs.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
She was a great lady, full of vivacity and personnality. She had a full life, she did everything as per her own path and choices, but she never lost esteem and love of her family, friends and "her people".

RIP Dona Cayetana, you did not have Goya to paint you, but you will stay to our memories, as per your homonumous ancestor.
Goya's Duchess of Alba wasn't ancestor of Cayetana, 18th Duchess of Alba (only a very distant relative)
Old 11-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Where was the duchess buried? I saw no mention or photographs.
I believe the Duchess was cremated and her ashes will be split between 2 churches one in Madrid and another in Seville.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Majesty

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks much An Ard Ri!
Old 11-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Monasterio de la Inmaculada Concepción in Madrid is the Ducal house of Alba's family Panteón or place of burial in Madrid.The church in Seville is the Church of Christ of the Gypsies and her ashes will be deposited in a side chapel.

The Church in Seville already has a plaque up to mark her the interment of the late Duchess of Alba's Ashes.

http://www.hola.com/actualidad/galer...sto-gitanos/8/
Old 11-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Funeral of the 18th Duchess of Alba in Seville

Old 11-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
From what I've read of her life and times, she didn't need Goya to paint her. She was the artist herself that painted a life filled with joy, love and laughter.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Most media in Spain speculate that there was a rift between JC and Sofia and Cayetana because of her late marriage. The Alba children tried to talk their mother out of marrying Alfonso and even involved JC and Sofia to help their cause. Obviously both sided with the Alba children but that couldnt change Cayetana's mind. She finally married Alfonso, giving to her children their respective heritage and Alfonso renouncing any financial gain from the marriage.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Majesty

DoM, I figured that that is what happened. Still, given the staunch support of the Alba family for the Spanish monarchy over the years, given Her Excellency's status as the representative of the most prestigious ducal House in Spain and one of the most prestigious in all of Europe,it would have been nice to see the former king or queen pay tribute at the services.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Commoner

I told you 2014 has been a dark year, didn't I? This is most upsetting!

I kept Her Excellency in my prayers.

It is devastating to see younger people passing away, she could have lived for at least ten more years!

Her Excellency had personality, something that most people lack these days. With her, a golden era dies too.

I loved her for one more reason. She was a staunch supporter of marriage, like myself. She chose to move forward to a third marriage than live in sin. Which was right and set an example for all these couples, who remain unmarried.

Rest in peace, Jewel of Iberia!
Old 11-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From what I've read of her life and times, she didn't need Goya to paint her. She was the artist herself that painted a life filled with joy, love and laughter.
That is the most beautiful and wonderful comment I have read on anyone here, and I so agree with you. She loved life and lived it completely to the fullest of anyone on this earth. And she also had a beautiful heart and soul!
Old 11-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Courtier

The phrase "joie de vivre" always comes to mind when I think of her. She loved life and she lived it to the fullest. She was forever young, in mind, spirit and heart.
Rest in peace.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent_spark View Post
I told you 2014 has been a dark year, didn't I? This is most upsetting!

I kept Her Excellency in my prayers.

It is devastating to see younger people passing away, she could have lived for at least ten more years!

Her Excellency had personality, something that most people lack these days. With her, a golden era dies too.

I loved her for one more reason. She was a staunch supporter of marriage, like myself. She chose to move forward to a third marriage than live in sin. Which was right and set an example for all these couples, who remain unmarried.

Rest in peace, Jewel of Iberia!
What a lovely post: I echo your sentiments
Old 11-28-2014, 02:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

El funeral de la duquesa de Alba en Madrid ser? el 15 diciembre e ir?n los Reyes | loc | EL MUNDO
On 15th of December the funeral of the Duchess of Alba will take place at the Royal Basilica San Francisco el Grande in Madrid. The Madrid tribute to this religious celebration is scheduled to be chaired by the kings of Spain, Felipe and Letizia the or the emeritus kings, Don Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia. At the moment, the Royal House can not confirm who will chair the final farewell to the XVIII Duchess of Alba de Tormes.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Very beautiful comment!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
El funeral de la duquesa de Alba en Madrid ser? el 15 diciembre e ir?n los Reyes | loc | EL MUNDO
On 15th of December the funeral of the Duchess of Alba will take place at the Royal Basilica San Francisco el Grande in Madrid. The Madrid tribute to this religious celebration is scheduled to be chaired by the kings of Spain, Felipe and Letizia the or the emeritus kings, Don Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia. At the moment, the Royal House can not confirm who will chair the final farewell to the XVIII Duchess of Alba de Tormes.
This is good to know. Thanks DoM.

Tags
alba, death, duchess of alba, funeral, nobility, spanish nobility