Buildings, Churches & Regalia Associated with Spanish Proclamations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Buildings,Churches & Regalia associated with Spanish Proclamations/Enthronements

On November 22nd 1975,Don Juan Carlos de Borbón was proclaimed King of Spain before the Cortes Generales in Madrid .Queen Sofia and their 3 children were present as the King was proclaimed King.The Spanish regalia were displayed in front of the King & Queen.

Cortes Generales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On November 27, 1975 the King,Queen and their 3 children attended a 'Mass of the Holy Spirit' at the Church of San Jerónimo el Real, Madrid.The Enthronement Mass by celebrated by Cardinal Tarancón
Both of the Kings sisters were present with their husbands,as was The Duke & Duchess of Calabria,Infanta Alicia and the kings aunts,Foreign Royal guests included Princess Grace of Monaco,the Duke of Edinburgh,King Constantine II,Queen Anne Marie and Princess Irene among others.

San Jerónimo el Real - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Buildings,Churches & Regalia associated with Spanish Proclamations/Enthronements

On November 27, 1975 the King,Queen and their 3 children attended a 'Mass of the Holy Spirit' at the Church of San Jerónimo el Real, Madrid.The Enthronement Mass by celebrated by Cardinal Tarancón

Will there be also a Mass to consacrate King Felipe VI ?

Will there be also a Mass to consacrate King Felipe VI ?

No details have been announced yet,until then we'll have to wait & see.

If there is a mass, expect it to be in the Cathedral de la Almudena.

The Cathedral de la Almudena is in Madrid, directly across a small plaza from the Palacio Real.

It was the location of the Prince of Asturias's 2004 wedding to Letizia Ortiz.

Might be an appropriate venue if there is to be a Mass of the Holy Sprit,however I prefer the historic Royal Church of San Jerónimo in Madrid.

The Spain of 1975, is not the Spain of 2014. I have my doubts that they will make a big religious ceremony.

Zarzuela has confirmed that there will be no mass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder will we get a balcony appearance?

I assume they will continue to reside in the same house and use Zazuela and the Royal palace for working / official functions?????

Both King Juan Carlos and King Felipe VI were proclaimed King of Spain at the Cortes Generales in Madrid.
King Juan Carlos had an enthronement mass at the Church of San Jerónimo el Real, Madrid.
After the proclamation of Felipe VI, a mass was held in the chapel of the Palace of Zarzuela.

Back
Top Bottom