Belgian Introductory Visit to Spain: March 25, 2014 {Postponed and Cancelled}

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Visit of Their Majesties King Philip and Queen Mathilde of Belgium to Spain

His Majesty King Philip and Her Majesty Queen Matilde will conduct an official visit to Spain of one day on Tuesday, March 25, 2014. The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and European Affairs of Belgium, Didier Reynders will accompany them.

The King and Queen of the Belgians will be received at Zarzuela Palace by His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen, accompanied by His Royal Highness the Prince of Asturias and HRH the Princess of Asturias.

Then the King and Queen of the Belgians will visit the Congress of Deputies.
Finally they will have a meeting with the Deputy Prime Minister in the Moncloa Palace.

Visita de SS.MM. los Reyes Felipe y Matilde de los belgas a España

The visit has been postponed due to national mourning for the death of former President Suárez

Prime Minister...:)

In Spain his official title is the President of the Government of Spain but is often referred to in English as the "prime minister" .

did they already announced a new date for the visit?

Maybe towards the end of this week we might know more when the Spanish Royal House updates the website.

According to the Belgian press this visit has been cancelled due to the abdication of king Juan Carlos.

According to the Belgian press this visit has been cancelled due to the abdication of king Juan Carlos.

I was just going to ask this visit to have to be postponed for a second time :D

I am not sure if the Belgian press deducted this or that they actually asked the palace. But I can't imagine that the Spanish court will have time for such a visit in the weeks to come. And after that it is Felipe who should visit Philippe first, if they stick to protocol. The same happened to the Dutch introduction visit to Belgium btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom