Wedding of Prince Francois of Orleans and Theresa von Einsiedel: 26.07.2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the link, Tilia C. :flowers: The bride seems to be likeable, and her dress is quite pretty, although I would've loved it if it was all made of the top half's material (if that makes sense). I think lace is the 'in' fabric for wedding dresses at the moment, as most royal brides since the Duchess of Cambridge seem to wear lacy dresses.

I like this photo a lot.

What's her title now? HRH Princess Theresa d'Orleans or HRH Princess François d'Orleans? It would be nice if the Count of Paris grant his nephew a title. Maybe Duke d'Alençon.

Anyway, I wish all the best to the couple!

As i was in Straubing yesterday
Report and first pictures (so far only from the bridal Couple) are now up on my Blog

Royal Travel and Events Blog: Royal Wedding in Straubing

pictures of the guests will follow in the next days.

Thanks for the great article. I have a question about the guestlist. You mentioned several Von Urachs and also Gloria von Thurn und Taxis with the title Fürst (Fürstin). Isn't that title only for the chef of the House and his spouse?

In the case of the House von Urach these are Fürst Wilhelm Albert von Urach and Fürstin Karen von Urach née Von Brauchitsch. In the case of the House von Thurn und Taxis, this is Fürst Albert II. So Gloria is "just" a Prinzessin.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the great article. I have a question about the guestlist. You mentioned several Von Urachs and also Gloria von Thurn und Taxis with the title Fürst (Fürstin). Isn't that title only for the chef of the House and his spouse?

In the case of the House von Urach these are Fürst Wilhelm Albert von Urach and Fürstin Karen von Urach née Von Brauchitsch. In the case of the House von Thurn und Taxis, this is Fürst Albert II. So Gloria is "just" a Prinzessin.

:flowers:

In the case of Thurn and Taxis Gloria remains a Fürstin as widow of the previous Fürst. And as long as her son is not married there is no other Fürstin anyway.
In the Urach case the Head is Duke of Urach and his wife the Duchess of Urach and all the other membrs Fürst/Fürstin of Urach, Count/Countess of Württemberg.
It was the same in the other now extinct morgantic line of the House of Württemberg. There also the Head was Duke of Teck and the oters Fürst/Fürtin of Teck but without Count/Countess of Württemberg.

Absolutely great Work and the name of the guest I appreciate.
I saw my Princess Maria Laura, Olympia and Prince napoleon again to-gether, the next royal wedding. Thanks a lot.........MO

Isabelle and Hélène were at the wedding.
Henri, Diane, Anne, Jacques Claude and Chantal stayed home .
The Orléans family is not as before anymore.

What do you mean? Can you elaborate? :flowers:

But from Henri and Anne at last one of their children attended. I was suprised that neither Chantal or at last one of her children attended as at the recent Wedding of her son Michael his wife and both sons with wives attended.

Last edited:
I don't know if you remember, Lady Nimue , the Orléans family of the past
Big pictures of the late Comte and Comtesse de Paris and their 11 Children.
Two of them Prince François and Prince Thibaut died.

No Wurtenberg for a wedding in Germany ?

So nice wedding and the couple seems genuinely happy.
The tiara is a true masterpiece and the dress is nice and modest. Groom with his stylish coat and top hat is even more striking than the bride.

So nice wedding and the couple seems genuinely happy.
The tiara is a true masterpiece and the dress is nice and modest. Groom with his stylish coat and top hat is even more striking than the bride.

Barbara21, I truly agree!!
Francois's frock coat is indeed stylish.

Prince Francois was given the title of Count of Dreux in the morning of his wedding day by his uncle the Count of Paris.
Two of Prince Francois' nephews, Gaspard Crepy and Diego Dailly, served as altar boys.

Back
Top Bottom