Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found her bouquet under whelming but the church flowers were beautiful :flowers:

In fact, I am personally surprised that Pippa didn't marry into the peerage given the fame of the Middleton girls as "social climbers".

Pippa is more of a lateral mover. Yes, I'm sure it infuriates some that she doesn't follow the narrative that the tabs wrote for her.

Speaking of the Percy's, did anyone spot George or Pippa's tennis partner, Melissa at the wedding?

I thought I spotted George Percy amongst a group but wasn't sure. I'm not really as familiar with the Brit aristos as others on here might be. He was not identified by name and neither was anyone else in that particular group. In fact, several of the unidentified looked familiar to me from all the weddings attended by Pippa and Kate and the royals over the years. It could have been someone else I've seen before through. It's not like George Percy is a party boy who shows up at everything but I would bet if he wasn't at the wedding he was at least at the party last night.

I can't imagine Melissa Percy would come to the wedding. Didn't she and her ex part on not very happy terms? Things might still be a bit too raw for them to attend the same party. Maybe in a few years.

Pippa is more of a lateral mover. Yes, I'm sure it infuriates some that she doesn't follow the narrative that the tabs wrote for her.

Percy was supposed to be The One but they didn't even date and were just friends. Besides, George Percy is not the "marrying kind."

No need to pay for Hello. They will have the same photos that we've seen already. Apparently, unlike Zara and Mike and Peter and Autumn, the Middleton's turned down a "name your price" offer from Hello. Commenters on certain sites don't believe it but I do. We will see soon enough. If there is a deal then we should soon see photos from inside the reception and the evening party.

I would think the Middleton/Matthew combined fortunes would make a Hello deal quite unnecessary:cool:

Oh the tabloids won't let go of it. Why do you think they insist on keeping up with the future lord of glen affric narrative? They continue to say Pippa will be lady one day. Emphasizing as eldest son, perhaps hoping people will over look or not know its not a traditional style.

James may very well be. Or his sister, or Spencer. Or his father may sell the estate and split the money between his kids. The title is tied to the land. Honestly if I was James, I'd want Eden rock instead (family has three estates and three kids, so each could get one, the third being the actual family home). Glen isn't very profitable it seems. Eden is, and he and Pippa love going there on vacation.

No one knows what will happen to that title until both parents die. As no need for dowager, the widow should still be legal owner if her husband dies first.

Pippa may not have married a title, but she married real money. And modern times that is far more practical. Some so called titles have little more than the title.

I thought I spotted George Percy amongst a group but wasn't sure. I'm not really as familiar with the Brit aristos as others on here might be. He was not identified by name and neither was anyone else in that particular group. In fact, several of the unidentified looked familiar to me from all the weddings attended by Pippa and Kate and the royals over the years. It could have been someone else I've seen before through. It's not like George Percy is a party boy who shows up at everything but I would bet if he wasn't at the wedding he was at least at the party last night.

I can't imagine Melissa Percy would come to the wedding. Didn't she and her ex part on not very happy terms? Things might still be a bit too raw for them to attend the same party. Maybe in a few years.

I have to admit that while watching the live stream of the guests walking to the wedding, the only one I actually recognized was Eugenie. I ended up turning that off because, frankly, I don't think the camera person knew what they were doing and it was lousy coverage.

I'm more inclined to agree with you that Percy most likely would have been at the evening party if at all. There were just so many people that they could cram into that little church.

The flowers in the church were absolutely gorgeously and tastefully done. Perfect for a small country church. It doesn't matter what the cost was for anything regarding this wedding. It was what Pippa and James wanted and that's what they got. That's what really matters in the long run.

Oh the tabloids won't let go of it. Why do you think they insist on keeping up with the future lord of glen affric narrative? They continue to say Pippa will be lady one day. Emphasizing as eldest son, perhaps hoping people will over look or not know its not a traditional style.

James may very well be. Or his sister, or Spencer. Or his father may sell the estate and split the money between his kids. The title is tied to the land. Honestly if I was James, I'd want Eden rock instead (family has three estates and three kids, so each could get one, the third being the actual family home). Glen isn't very profitable it seems. Eden is, and he and Pippa love going there on vacation.

No one knows what will happen to that title until both parents die. As no need for dowager, the widow should still be legal owner if her husband dies first.

Pippa may not have married a title, but she married real money. And modern times that is far more practical. Some so called titles have little more than the title.

There are a few rich Americans who have bought estates in England/Scotland/Ireland that had a title attached and some of them played that up but most of them just thought it was funny. Titles can't be used in America and the Brits just laugh at them so, what's the point?

Also, maybe Glen isn't profitable now because the Mathews family hasn't had it long enough. It does have potential if they want to advertise it as a hunting lodge getaway for the wealthy. It might become as profitable as Eden one day. I'm sure they think long-term when it comes to their businesses.

Oh, I agree. The lord of glen affric nonsense is annoying. Eden Rock is a much better "prize" to inherit, it will be interesting to see how the property gets distributed amongst the next generation. Traditionally, the lion's share would go to the eldest son but I'm not sure how traditional the Matthews really are.

Hopefully, it will be a long wait for the answers. James' paternal grandmother lived to be well over 100, so her son might have some good longevity genes.

I was afraid that Philippa would wear one of those daily monstrosities we can see in "Say Yes To The Dress". You know, where staff and family almost faint in total awe when a huge bride presses herself in a skinny strapless dress, so that all the blubber flaps out...

Everything which is so not-SYTTD is already a winner! Yesterday's dress was restraint en because of that it very refined and stylish.
You mean something that a Kardashian would wear? The stuffed sausage look? They show all they've got because it's all they've got to offer. Nothing more.

Seeing as this bunch is on the complete opposite spectrum as that ilk, we got to see a stunning gown that fit beautifully (the tailoring was spot on) and was pure class from head to toe. Luckily we have lovely people to provide balance from the tacky trashy world of the SYTTD crowd. Which sadly seems to be here to stay.

I wish we could see photos from the evening , the dresses and the decoration inside the glass conservatory.
The cake, etc......

Oh, I agree. The lord of glen affric nonsense is annoying. Eden Rock is a much better "prize" to inherit, it will be interesting to see how the property gets distributed amongst the next generation. Traditionally, the lion's share would go to the eldest son but I'm not sure how traditional the Matthews really are.

Hopefully, it will be a long wait for the answers. James' paternal grandmother lived to be well over 100, so her son might have some good longevity genes.

If you were talking a traditional estate like Duke of.....you'd be right.

But it's pretty customary to leave your kids equal shares now a days. Heck there have been plenty of law suits when younger kids think they don't get their equal share.

I wish we could see photos from the evening , the dresses and the decoration inside the glass conservatory.
The cake, etc......

Me too.

But supposedly Pippa and James banned all phones, so I don't imagine we will.

(Although The Sun claims Meghan Markle wore a long black dress to the evening party. But I don't see how they'd know, unless one of the other guests told them).

Slight correction from my last post in the previous thread: Of course the reception after the wedding was on the Englefield property, and the evening celebration was in the glass structure on the Middleton's Buckleberry estate.

Pippa and James were right to ban all phones. Although I wanted to see Meghan, I'm so glad she and Harry decided Meghan would not show at the church ceremony. It makes sense. I figured that out myself on the day. Good that the paps and their screeching headlines were foiled!

All the reprehensible Sun got was a shot of Meghan and Harry arriving to the evening celebration by car. Through the glare of the windshield, we could see that Harry and Meghan had happy, anticipatory looks on their faces, eager to share good times with family and friends. It was Pippa's day, and that's how it should have been and was always meant to be. :flowers:

The worse and more ridiculous the media acts, the more and more the young royals will pull back. Get used to it. Already, we do not see as much of Prince George and Princess Charlotte as we saw of William and Harry when they were young.

Anyway though, Pippa Middleton is a private citizen and the public has no right to see anything at her wedding reception. The way the paps acted at the Inskip wedding likely ratcheted up security protection for Pippa's wedding, with the strictly imposed no-fly zones over the Englefield property and the Buckleberry estate for the duration of the events. It is possible that Pippa could decide to show something much later from the reception to Hello magazine. It's her choice. The way the press acts though, I'd be less inclined. Pippa doesn't need the press, and she's not going to be too involved in royal life (aside from connection with her sister), which means she gets to have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Reading this thread posters wanting to know more about the wedding hanging on to a grainy photo yet saying how terrible the media is for trying to get photos.

Reading this thread posters wanting to know more about the wedding hanging on to a grainy photo yet saying how terrible the media is for trying to get photos.

If the Middleton/Matthews families wanted to share some photos of the receptions, I'd be happy to see what everything looked like. I don't think they will, just saying "if."
I don't want paparazzi photos of events on private property. It is intrusive.

The way the paps acted at the Inskip wedding likely ratcheted up security protection for Pippa's wedding, with the strictly imposed no-fly zones over the Englefield property and the Buckleberry estate for the duration of the events.

The no fly zone may have had more to do with national security since the 2nd-5th heirs were there. I doubt the Middletons or Matthews have that kind of power.

There was also a no fly zone back in 2013 when William and Kate took baby George to Buckleberry after he was born. It's more for security than anti paparazzi.

Apologies if this has already been posted

Royal Children Play as Pippa Leaves the Church

So lovely :flowers:

Thanks for this full video. Now I can see that Prince George really wasn't acting up that much. It was one of the other boys flinging his basket around that got Georgie a little excited and he started doing the same, and Kate quickly stopped him and then ushered the kids over to the vehicle.

Unless the pictures of Kate scolding Prince George further were taken by the side of the vehicle when they were out of camera shot from the video's angle. Anyway, George is barely four years old, and a little restless excitement is to be expected. Prince William at age four was much more of a cut-up pulling faces inside the church at Fergie's wedding in his sailor suit and hat. :D

Prince George and Princess Charlotte were very sweet. Even at age two, Princess Charlotte looks to be a delightful, self-possessed young lady. Oh boy, prayers for George when he grows up and the girls and the media start in after him. At least he's got grounded parents and grandparents to guide him safely...

You mean something that a Kardashian would wear? The stuffed sausage look? They show all they've got because it's all they've got to offer. Nothing more.

Seeing as this bunch is on the complete opposite spectrum as that ilk, we got to see a stunning gown that fit beautifully (the tailoring was spot on) and was pure class from head to toe. Luckily we have lovely people to provide balance from the tacky trashy world of the SYTTD crowd. Which sadly seems to be here to stay.

I truly don't understand the need to insult one type of person in order to compliment another, particularly the body shaming in the original post. All brides look beautiful on their wedding days.

"Hanging onto a grainy photo..." :lol: What a strange turn of phrase there @royal_rob. Who would need to do that aside from relentless paps and tabloids? This was Pippa's day, and it was quite lovely, yes? :D

I'm so glad that the media were foiled from any screeching, OTT headlines. And btw, absolutely no one was looking 'sad,' and not a horse nor carriage in sight, eh!

oes their grandparents still alive? We never saw any grandparent that I remember not even in Kate's wedding

oes their grandparents still alive? We never saw any grandparent that I remember not even in Kate's wedding

All of Pippa's grandparents are dead. The last one was Mike's father Peter died in 2010. William and Kate delayed the announcement of their engagement a few days because of it

I truly don't understand the need to insult one type of person in order to compliment another, particularly the body shaming in the original post. All brides look beautiful on their wedding days.

No they don't, thats a big batch of PC crap.
As for Kim Kardashian, her wedding dress for her 2nd wedding was beautiful and she looked more beautiful than Pippa IMO, even in a strapless gown. Bringing up Kim to prop up Pippa is a low blow.
And strapless gowns can look very beautiful when worn the right way.

Last edited:
No they don't, thats a big batch of PC crap.

As for Kim Kardashian, her wedding dress for her 2nd wedding was beautiful and she put Pippa to shame even in a strapless gown.

I would say it's more acknowledging that everyone deserves to feel beautiful on their special occasions and that it's quite unkind for people to remark negatively on the appearance of brides, particularly when it involves body shaming. It contributes to the things that make many people feel bad about themselves.

I will always stand by that as to how people should behave.

Oh good grief can we NOT talk about someone like Kim Kardashian here?

LaRae

If you are speaking of my mention of grandparents, I was referring to the Middletons being Prince George's grandparents. Obviously, he has the Queen and Prince Philip too as great-grands, at least for a while, but the Middleton grands are younger. And then there's Grandad Charles, and step-grandmom Camilla, whom I almost forgot about. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom