Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was reading comments to that effect in the DM, with people saying that they hope this marks the end of the strapless trend.

So many seem to dislike this style that I wonder how it became so popular.

But then others countered to the effect that it can be difficult to find dresses that are NOT strapless, if the dress isn't bespoke.

It's not difficult to find a non strapless wedding gown. I take it as the bride to be wanting to look sexy going down the aisle.

I was reading comments to that effect in the DM, with people saying that they hope this marks the end of the strapless trend.

So many seem to dislike this style that I wonder how it became so popular.

But then others countered to the effect that it can be difficult to find dresses that are NOT strapless, if the dress isn't bespoke.

I think the commenters in this case are right. The designers have pushed the strapless wedding dress and offer only a few other choices. And most people can't have a custom designed dress made.

It's not difficult to find a non strapless wedding gown. I take it as the bride to be wanting to look sexy going down the aisle.

My three nieces who've married over the past 4 years would disagree with you. Only one of them wore a strapless gown but she added a long sleeve lace jacket. All of them complained about the dearth of non strapless dress choices.

Certainly because it is from Belgium (unknown company ).
I hope they will use it again for other big Events.

This sort of glass houses are known from events like concourses hippique, art fairs, salons (exhibitions), Christmas markets, big festivities, etc. I once was invited for a diner at a Councours Hippique in Valkenswaard (Netherlands) was veeeeeery impressed by a fantastic glass Orangerie constructed by PBI from La Louvière (Belgium).

See this fabulous picture from PBI: http://www.pbi.be/uploads/images/backgrounds/accueil_1.jpg

Last edited:
HELLO! @hellomag
Our souvenir issue featuring #PippasWedding to #JamesMatthew is #onsale tomorrow! Pick up your copy to catch every spectacular detail!

https://twitter.com/hellomag/status/866260927649386496

No need to pay for Hello. They will have the same photos that we've seen already. Apparently, unlike Zara and Mike and Peter and Autumn, the Middleton's turned down a "name your price" offer from Hello. Commenters on certain sites don't believe it but I do. We will see soon enough. If there is a deal then we should soon see photos from inside the reception and the evening party.

This sort of glass houses are known from events like concourses hippique, art fairs, salons (exhibitions), Christmas markets, big festivities, etc. I once was invited for a diner at a Councours Hippique in Valkenswaard (Netherlands) was veeeeeery impressed by a fantastic glass Orangerie constructed by PBI from La Louvière (Belgium).

See this fabulous picture from PBI: http://www.pbi.be/uploads/images/backgrounds/accueil_1.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!! But, I would be afraid to sit under that huge chandelier. HA!!

I love Pippa's dress. I love it more than Kate's wedding dress. Congrats to the couple and their families!
I prefer it too. As beautiful as Kate's MCQueen dress is, and how absolutely magnificent it was designed, I feel like it has already kind of aged.

So Eugenie but no Bea ?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Why didn't Beatrice attend? Could it be she wasn't invited? Maybe only Jack was invited and brought Eugenie as his +1?

Anyone know the scoop?

Some sources were originally mis-identifying Eugenie's photo as Beatrice.

Is there any truth to the rumors that the Yorks and Middletons dislike each other?

Just another fake news story many up by some odd reporter and all the sheep took as gospel.

I thought Eugenie was engaged to Jack? No?

Bea probably couldn't make it. She travels between London and New York.

Wasn't Beatrice just at a garden party at Buckingham? Surely she could have stayed a few more days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was wondering that too. Why didn't Beatrice attend? Could it be she wasn't invited? Maybe only Jack was invited and brought Eugenie as his +1?

Anyone know the scoop?

Is there any truth to the rumors that the Yorks and Middletons dislike each other?

I have a sister and I'm not invited to everything she's invited to. We are separate people. Perhaps Eugenie is Pippa's friend and Bea is not. With all the made up stories and outright lies told about the Middletons over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if the story of the York princesses "hating" the Middleton girls is just another in a long line of unfounded stories. Eugenie looked very happy to be at this wedding. Perhaps Bea is simply not close to Pippa. I don't see a story here.

The York's relationship with the Middleton's happened through William and Catherine. There was never any fighting between the parties. That's just tabloid and online gossip. Done to pit the Middleton's against the royals.

Anyone know the scoop?

If the Yorks and Middletons really disliked each other, Eugenie would not have been there. As far as Beatrice, she probably had better personal fun she would rather do.

No need to pay for Hello. They will have the same photos that we've seen already. Apparently, unlike Zara and Mike and Peter and Autumn, the Middleton's turned down a "name your price" offer from Hello. Commenters on certain sites don't believe it but I do. We will see soon enough. If there is a deal then we should soon see photos from inside the reception and the evening party.

I also read that the Middletons refused the offers.
Well Pippa and James don't need the money, and I think well of them for refusing.

As for Beatrice, since she is now in London she could have gone.
The DM said she was invited, but they've said so many incorrect things about this wedding that I don't know how accurate that is.

I was afraid that Philippa would wear one of those daily monstrosities we can see in "Say Yes To The Dress". You know, where staff and family almost faint in total awe when a huge bride presses herself in a skinny strapless dress, so that all the blubber flaps out...

Everything which is so not-SYTTD is already a winner! Yesterday's dress was restraint en because of that it very refined and stylish.

Oh absolutely! Classy. I too was afraid of a strapless number but most of those gowns have started to fade out, thank heavens. I think all of the Middleton's dress in conservative style anyway, so this beauty is just perfect for them. This traditional gown will be still in style many years from now.

I'm looking at what some guests wore and I'm thinking the 80's might be back?

Yes you are correct as far as fashions reverting back a few decades. One fashion house acknowledged his love of 1940s and 1950 style, but hated the 60 & 70. I could swear that the dress Kate wore to Pippa's wedding reminded me of a dress my mother had back after the war. Something still seen in old black and white WWII movies. Just the neckline was different along with hat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eugenie also went to Marlborough like all the Middletons siblings did. She would have been the same time as James for period. They would have mutual friends. James lived with Pippa for a long time in the Chelsea flat that Kate used live in. Their circle of friends would probably intersect a lot. James and Donna went to Eugenie costume birthday day party last year. It has to be more that just the W&K connection because it doesn't appear that W&K often socialize with Eugenie and Jack. That's more of Harry's thing hanging out with his York cousins. There is a big age gap between William and Eugenie and they are at different points in their life. One married with 2 little kids and the other with a long term boyfriend. Can't really see Eugenie and Jack popping over to Norfolk to visit like you can with the Tindalls.

Pippas Gown was ok, nothing spectacular
She's got that killer body,looked awesome
What happened to Kate's dress?

The kids looked the best..

Of course I have no clue if Princess Bea was invited or not, but she is only a few months out of a 10-year relationship, and her former partner's engagement has just been announced. Perhaps she did not feel up to attending a wedding at the moment, especially if neither the bride nor groom are a close friend or relative.
Friends of many years of my family did not attend my youngest brother's wedding because their daughter and her fiance had just canceled their wedding and my parents' friends knew a wedding would be too hard emotionally.

Again, we'll probably never know, just another possibility.

The wedding ceremony had a wonderful setting & the flowers are gorgeous.

Going to same University isn't a guarantee that Kate was going to marry William. If she went there specifically to snag William why did she date Rupert Finch as a Freshman? She would want to be free for the Prince.

Pippa dated JJ Jardine-Paterson,Alex Loudon, Nico Jackson and married James Mathews. None of them titled. If she was determined to be part of the aristocratic class, she would have locked down George Percy, future Duke of Northumberland at university instead of dating JJ.

It's easy for the press to spin as social climbing. Class warfare sells look at the Daily Mail and the Middletons aren't going to fight back. They will keep their mouths shut and take the high road.
Speaking of the Percy's, did anyone spot George or Pippa's tennis partner, Melissa at the wedding?

Speaking of the Percy's, did anyone spot George or Pippa's tennis partner, Melissa at the wedding?

Well, it was Melissa's 30th birthday yesterday. If she wasn't there she might of had her own celebrations going on.

I didn't even spot George, and he and Pippa are supposed to be such great friends.
(Though perhaps he was there, and I didn't see him).

But Tom Van Straubenzee was there, so maybe that's why Melissa Percy stayed away? They haven't been divorced that long, and it could be awkward.

:previous: I highly doubt her ex husband attending would be reason to keep Melissa away. Her and Pippa have been friends for many years. In these social circles, exes usually continue to mingle as they have the same friends.

If her and George weren't there, they could be as we don't have photos of all the guests, it was because they had other things. I highly doubt it was a vote who has a better friendship Pippa and Melissa vs Tom and James, on who would attend.

Last edited:
Its also very possible that these people just mentioned could have been part of the larger evening party. There were only so many people that could fit into that church. ;)

:previous: I highly doubt her ex husband attending would be reason to keep Melissa away. Her and Pippa have been friends for many years. In these social circles, exes usually continue to mingle as they have the sane friends.

If her and George weren't there, they could be as we font have photos of all the guests, it was because they had other things. I highly doubt it was a vote who has a better friendship Pippa and Melissa vs Tom and James, on who would attend.

Yeah, the photos of the guests aren't that extensive. The few approved photogs seemed to put almost all their focus on the VIP guests or the guests wearing zany outfits. The rest were pretty overlooked for the most part. It's good news for them as they got peace and privacy. But bad news for any curious royal-watcher that likes to "inner circle" watch.

Heck, I only saw one picture of Pippa's ex JJ, and that's only because he stopped to chat with Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston, and the photog was just trying to photograph Gabriella. :lol:

Beautiful. It looks like someone ran through the fields picking wildflowers. Just gorgeous. It's nice that the congregation was able to enjoy this beauty.

The Daily Fail loves to give the prices of everything for this wedding, don't they? Only speculation and it's par for the course for this rag but really, it's so tacky. It's not like the Middletons couldn't afford the wedding. And it's none of our business what things cost. (And I think Pippa's gown cost way more than 40,000 pounds. That thing was handmade and took months. I say at least $150K in American money.)

Back
Top Bottom