Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know who the cheeky little pageboy who flipped the "V sign" at the cameras was?

Do we know why Eugenie was there but not Beatrice?

I think Eugenie knows that crowd better than Beatrice. Part of Eugenie's time at Marlborough college overlapped with James Middleton. She is friends with Charlie Gilkes and worked for his brother for years, the Midds are close friends to Charlie - he was their guest at the jubilee flotilla, and the whole Middleton family was invited to his wedding including Michael and Carole.

Also, Pippa and Eugenie have both attended charity events for the late Mike Frost, who seems was a mutual friend. And Eugenie used to be romantically linked to Hugo Taylor, he is best friends with Spencer Matthews.

So I think all their mutual people has led to them crossing paths a lot and apparently a friendship has blossomed. I don't think they run into Beatrice as often but they might be friends with her too. Maybe she attended the after party? Who knows. :)

Another thing, I don't like the little boys outfits. It looks like they are in a bad children's play. The girls dresses are much better.

Finally, maybe folks will calm down and realize everything is okay and she was there at the reception.
Yes... the long national nightmare is over. A MM sighting. <eyeroll>

Hope they all have a wonderful time!
U.S. cable news station MSNBC ran the Pippa wedding. It reported that Harry took Meghan into the reception. Still would like to see some pictures.

I love Pippa's dress. I love it more than Kate's wedding dress. Congrats to the couple and their families!

I love Pippa's dress. I love it more than Kate's wedding dress. Congrats to the couple and their families!

I feel the same way. :flowers: Beautiful dress. Loved all the lace. It must have been very impressive in person.

I agree. Pippa had a beautiful dress, the lace and detail much finer. And her styling as well.

I thought Pippa looked just smashing. I liked every detail -- her dainty little tiara and hair ornament, the lovely hair updo, the spectacular dress, everything. There was something about the cut of her dress and her hair style that evoked the 1930's. I also saw it in Kate's dress, which Katharine Hepburn could have worn in The Philadelphia Story. All in all, it was a beautifully styled wedding.

Pippa's waist looked unbelievably tiny!

I thought Pippa really hit the nail on the head and got everything right. Her dress with its chapel train was stunning as was her gorgeous full-length veil complete with blusher. I loved all the little crystals scattered over it and the clip(s) attaching her veil matched her little tiara or aigrette. Her earrings from Catherine's wedding complimented the ensemble perfectly.

All in all, I think Pippa's entire wedding ensemble looked far more bridal than Catherines.

Last edited:
I hope they danced, drank, and ate lots of cake. For the newlyweds...the party is only getting started!:p

Last edited:
Loved the fact that a tiara was made for Pippa. I think all ladies should have a tiara.

The dress is plain and nothing impressive or memorable, I'm surprised so many react like its anything special. Pippa herself looked pretty and happy.

Loved the fact that a tiara was made for Pippa. I think all ladies should have a tiara.

A tiara is too generous to describe what looked like a cute bracelet set on a monture... Which is a very smart solution by the way. A bracelet always comes handy. A diadem not so.

The dress is plain and nothing impressive or memorable, I'm surprised so many react like its anything special. Pippa herself looked pretty and happy.

I was afraid that Philippa would wear one of those daily monstrosities we can see in "Say Yes To The Dress". You know, where staff and family almost faint in total awe when a huge bride presses herself in a skinny strapless dress, so that all the blubber flaps out...

Everything which is so not-SYTTD is already a winner! Yesterday's dress was restraint en because of that it very refined and stylish.

Last edited:
While not a style I would choose for myself (my wedding dress was more the silhouette of Kate's but with more poof cos it was the 80s,) I thought Pippa's dress was lovely and suited her. And I was most pleased it was not strapless.

Have you seen one episode of the show :ermm: Few of the brides could be called fat and flabby. And they have some amazing couture gowns on the show. Yes some are outrageous, but there are plenty of gorgeous dresses. You don't have to be covered in lace to look appropriate.

I was afraid that Philippa would wear one of those daily monstrosities we can see in "Say Yes To The Dress". You know, where staff and family almost faint in total awe when a huge bride presses herself in a skinny strapless dress, so that all the blubber flaps out...

Everything which is so not-SYTTD is already a winner! Yesterday's dress was restraint en because of that it very refined and stylish.

LoL
I have never watched that show... Though I used to watch a wedding story about a decade back.
I don't hate strapless wedding gowns like some on here but I do know that there are some brides who should know not to try and squeeze into one. :D

I never viewed Pippa wearing a strapless to be honest.

I'm looking at what some guests wore and I'm thinking the 80's might be back?

I thought Pippa really hit the nail on the head and got everything right. Her dress with its chapel train was stunning as was her gorgeous full-length veil complete with blusher. I loved all the little crystals scattered over it and the clip(s) attaching her veil matched her little tiara or aigrette. Her earrings from Catherine's wedding complimented the ensemble perfectly.

All in all, I think Pippa's entire wedding ensemble looked far more bridal than Catherines.

To me they we're very similar and there is only so much you can do with a wedding dress ( not including the weird and wacky).

I really liked Pippa's dress, also thought Kate's was on the matronly side, minus the big cuffs maybe?

Certainly because it is from Belgium (unknown company ).
I hope they will use it again for other big Events.

What does having a family coat of arms have yo do with being happy :ohmy:

Many families have coats, and I am certain not all are happy.

In fact, I have a few coats hanging in my closet and they're even seasonal coats where the weather decides what to wear. :cool:

But seriously folks, coat of arms are something that just denotes a specific family, perhaps their heritage or even, as in the case of the Middletons, those acorns that are symbolic of where their family "seat" is. It is very much an exterior thing that some people think is nice to have.

Happiness is an inside job and has no relation to exterior things like status, position, finances or even the luxury of a flush toilet.

If I had to have all those exterior things to be "happy", I must have been deluding myself into believing that I'm a genuinely happy, contented individual all these years.

I like the Middletons because they are winners. They loved their Children whose two girls are really handsome and well educated in every Situation they are.
Kate succeeded giving a Heir and a Second Heir to the Windsor. William and Kate are happy , you see that , their relation with Harry is Perfect.
During six years Kate did well and no faux pas. She is the Joker of the Firm.

At her Sister's Wedding she did not stole the show , it was like Princess Diana at Andrew and Sarah Wedding .

I was reading comments to that effect in the DM, with people saying that they hope this marks the end of the strapless trend.

So many seem to dislike this style that I wonder how it became so popular.

But then others countered to the effect that it can be difficult to find dresses that are NOT strapless, if the dress isn't bespoke.

Back
Top Bottom