Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to agree with you. From the pictures I've seen so far, Kate's dress was in tune with the color scheme for the little ones' attire. Kate matches almost perfectly to Charlotte dress sash and shoes. With mama close by too, Kate can easily keep a good eye on the little ones.

Yes, while without the traditional Matron of Honour attire, Kate took on that role, looking after the little attendants as Pippa did back in 2011 and helping arrange Pippa's dress and veil prior to the walk up the isle.

She's also directly behind Pippa and James as they come out of the church, holding Charlotte by the hand - so possibly accompanied Spencer down the isle or marshalled the eight little ones along with him.

Long hem line for Kate, above the knee for Carole, both echoing the bridal colours.

I love Pippa's dress. She looks so pretty. As far as little Philippa Hoyos is concerned she actually is Pippa's god daughter and was named for her. Pippa and Illy Hoyos are close friends and Pippa and Matthew were in Vienna before Christmas. Austrian newspapers published pics of them with Illy and Jakob Hoyos at the traditional Town Hall Christmas Market.

The Daily Fail is just a sad congregration of keyboard-knights led by the High Priestess of Hate, Katie Hopkins.

:bang:

I so agree. I look at that paper only for pictures of anything that interests me. Most articles are written so badly and the spelling worse than mine that I actually cringe reading. When reporters actually just makes up articles to show hatred or nastiness on someone just to murder their reputation or life in general it is reprehensible. There will always be some that will believe those lies even when proven 100% false. I have always felt that the actual reporters and their editors should be made to pay in court for their offences and punished severely. Reporters would then watch a little closer what they say or slyly write.

It would be great if articles like the ones published over the past year speculating about the wedding were actually labeled as such--speculation--because that is what a lot of them were, with each "reporter" trying to top the last story. But that won't happen.
And what is worse, lots of people casually read them and take them as the gospel truth, never seeing the real reports. And the made up stories will linger and be quoted years from now.

Catherine's wedding and both pregnacies were the same. Pure idle speculation dressed up as 'journalism'

The first rule to know about British tabloids is almost everything is manufactured.

The Daily Mail and The Sun were doing fake news long before it became cool.

Thank you to everyone who posted photos and videos. From what I can see it was a beautiful setting with gorgeous flowers outside the church. Looks like the weather was on their side too. Congratulations to the newlyweds.:flowers:

Blech that dress is just blah.
Kate looks like a grandma and I don't like when she wears tea cosy fascinators.

Last edited:
Great! It didn't rain as it was forecast! They look wonderful together. Many good and wonderful wishes from Charleston.

Thank you to all those who shared the photos and videos from today's wedding.
The wedding seemed like it as a lovely, family affair and it appeared to have a certain warmth and closeness about it. The only qualm I have is that Meghan wasn't invited to the service, which I thought was a bit 'off' because other guests brought their partners with them. Considering that there's been a lot of interest in Meghan lately, because there's always interest in whoever Harry dates, Pippa and or James chose not to invite her to the service incase Meghan would upstage her. It seems like a petty reason, but it's a possibility. We don't know for sure though; of course. At least Meghan can still enjoy the wedding reception.

The little bridesmaids and page boys are adorable, especially George and Charlotte, of course. George looked quite grown up as a little ring bearer and Charlotte is such a beautiful little girl. She has a certain impish cheek to her, which is adorable. I'm surprised that Pippa's bridesmaids are all quite young, considering that Catherine had Lady Louise and Margarita Armstrong-Jones as well as Eliza and Grace.

I loved Pippa's dress as well, I thought it was very beautiful and I particularly like the lacy, floaty effect it has. The floral decorations were also a really pretty touch.

And it is also possible that Meghan and Harry decided that Meghan wouldn't attend the ceremony because that is where photographers would be to get photos and they didn't want to upstage the bride and groom. We just don't know.

Apologies if this has already been posted

Royal Children Play as Pippa Leaves the Church

So lovely :flowers:

Thanks Chips. This video had not been posted before so, thanks.

Don't the kiddies looks beautiful!! Such cuties. (Though I was a bit concerned that one little boy would hit someone the way he was flinging around his basket.) I love Pippa's dress. It's perfect for her athletic frame and the high neck and short sleeves are unusual enough to be different but not over the top. She looks wonderful.

P.S.: I want Pippa's arms but don't want to work hard to get them. Oh well, I'll just keep my flabby ones for now.

And it is also possible that Meghan and Harry decided that Meghan wouldn't attend the ceremony because that is where photographers would be to get photos and they didn't want to upstage the bride and groom. We just don't know.

Yes, that's what I suggested too in the previous post. But I doubt we'll ever know the reason as to why she wasn't invited to the service.

This is not about Meghan, and its possible she decided
Herself not to come because too much focus is already on her. Pippa already had to fight being upstaged by her royal sister. Speaking of which Pippa won the day, though I'm not a fan of her dress she looked 10x better than her sister
Just saw a picture of Spencer Matthews and good gracious is he the looked of the family. James' mother is also beautiful.

Great! It didn't rain as it was forecast! They look wonderful together. Many good and wonderful wishes from Charleston.

Yes, the weather looked to be perfect. I was very happy about that. Meant we got to actually see the bridal party and guests without umbrellas and tents covering up everything. Everybody looked so happy and Pippa and James were beaming in every photo. Storybook wedding, IMO.

Yes, that's what I suggested too in the previous post. But I doubt we'll ever know the reason as to why she wasn't invited to the service.
I'm sorry if I misunderstood. I read your post as saying you thought Meghan was not invited to the ceremony because Pippa thought she would be upstaged by Meghan, rather than Meghan was invited but chose not to attend the ceremony because Meghan didn't want the focus on her (Meghan) instead of Pippa & James.

Not really. She's not that close into the family at the moment. I suppose the wedding was for very close family and friends. She's invited to the reception and I would consider that to be a great honor myself. Who knows? She might be close family later this year.

Thank you to all those who shared the photos and videos from today's wedding.
The wedding seemed like it as a lovely, family affair and it appeared to have a certain warmth and closeness about it. The only qualm I have is that Meghan wasn't invited to the service, which I thought was a bit 'off' because other guests brought their partners with them. Considering that there's been a lot of interest in Meghan lately, because there's always interest in whoever Harry dates, Pippa and or James chose not to invite her to the service incase Meghan would upstage her. It seems like a petty reason, but it's a possibility. We don't know for sure though; of course. At least Meghan can still enjoy the wedding reception.

The little bridesmaids and page boys are adorable, especially George and Charlotte, of course. George looked quite grown up as a little ring bearer and Charlotte is such a beautiful little girl. She has a certain impish cheek to her, which is adorable. I'm surprised that Pippa's bridesmaids are all quite young, considering that Catherine had Lady Louise and Margarita Armstrong-Jones as well as Eliza and Grace.

I loved Pippa's dress as well, I thought it was very beautiful and I particularly like the lacy, floaty effect it has. The floral decorations were also a really pretty touch.

Well, Meghan has been dating Harry less than a year, long distance, and there's no evidence she ever met the bride or the groom. Why would her absence from the ceremony be a "bit off", when you described it as having "a certain warmth and closeness about it". You can't equate her with Jack Brooksbank - a partner of 7 years, Donna Air -a partner of 4 years, and Lady Gabriella Windsor - a partner of 3 years.

As for "At least Meghan can still enjoy the wedding reception", she wasn't at the reception apparently, but she may still attend the evening party which will include a wider net of social acquaintances. If she there, lovely. If she's not, lovely. I doubt Meghan is upset because she didn't get to see two strangers get hitched.

I really love Pippa's dress. It fits her perfectly and all the details are perfect. It's very much the kind of style I'd pictured her wearing.

Kate looks fantastic, too. That colour is really flattering on her and I love when she wears her hair up. She's got a very elegant profile which is shown to its best effect with the sort of hairstyle she's wearing today.

I loved seeing George and Charlotte. George is starting to look more like a "big kid" and Charlotte is precious. Kate did a great job of wrangling those kids! :) I like the part in the video where the groom attempts to stop a bunch of excited children from moving onto the road by putting up his hand and saying stop. Because that will work!

As to why Meghan wasn't there, I don't imagine too many people care except for media outlets like The Daily Mail who have stopped even pretending to be actual news sources at this point. Maybe Meghan had long standing plans and couldn't attend. Maybe the church ceremony was strictly limited to family and close friends and their spouses/long term partners. Maybe Harry thought it was best she didn't go, for whatever reason. Maybe they aren't at the point in their relationship where they think setting off a "oh my god she was at the wedding ceremony!!!" media frenzy is worth it. Who knows.

The relationship between Prince Harry and Ms Markle can end. Exactly like the relationship between today's bridal couple was once ended as well. So it is not that unthinkable. I think it is a wise approach to do things first: an official engagement = included in guestlists.

No idea why you think that...generally they do not speak to the media. Certainly not about something like this.

LaRae

That is true. For all of these years I have never seen them speaking to the media. I think that is smart on their part. You don't hear about them in the papers even though their daughter is married to a bona fide prince. That is a good thing. :flowers:

I agree that this could have been Meghan and Harry's choice to have her skip the ceremony.

Prefer Pippa to Kate as a bride and it's mainly down to the hair. Kate's loose curls unravelled quickly on the day and by the time she left the abbey her hair was very untidy looking. If Kate had the same hairdo on her wedding day that she had today it would have made a big difference.

Thank you Royal Forum members for all of those lovely pictures of Pippa's wedding and sharing them with all of us. Ya'll have never disapponted me after all these years as a Royal Forum member. There are so many pictures it will take me days just to see them all and I will look at as many as I can. Thanks again!

Prefer Pippa to Kate as a bride and it's mainly down to the hair. Kate's loose curls unravelled quickly on the day and by the time she left the abbey her hair was very untidy looking. If Kate had the same hairdo on her wedding day that she had today it would have made a big difference.

Pippa had to wear her hair up to show the back of the dress.
If not for that, she may have made a different choice.

Kate had no restrictions.

The relationship between Prince Harry and Ms Markle can end. Exactly like the relationship between today's bridal couple was once ended as well. So it is not that unthinkable. I think it is a wise approach to do things first: an official engagement = included in guestlists.
However, a number of other couples that attended do not have an official engagement--that was fake news, the whole no ring, no bring story

I thought the wedding (what we saw anyway) was lovely. Pippa was a beautiful bride, as it should be, and no one was inappropriately attired.
I thought Pippa's hair accessory looked more like a wedding hairband than a tiara. Someone said it was diamonds, but I thought it looked like pearls--but can't find a good enough photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but other non-engaged couples are unknowns while here it is about a possible future member of the British royal family. After all these divorces and seen the brothers' close friends Lady Melissa Percy and Thomas van Straubenzee already divorced before the wedding-photo's were glued in the albums, one can not be cautious enough, with the vultures of the Daily Fake Mail in mind.

Duc, I wouldn't call Princess Eugenie and Lady Gabriella Windsor "unknowns."

Well, Meghan has been dating Harry less than a year, long distance, and there's no evidence she ever met the bride or the groom. Why would her absence from the ceremony be a "bit off", when you described it as having "a certain warmth and closeness about it". You can't equate her with Jack Brooksbank - a partner of 7 years, Donna Air -a partner of 4 years, and Lady Gabriella Windsor - a partner of 3 years.

As for "At least Meghan can still enjoy the wedding reception", she wasn't at the reception apparently, but she may still attend the evening party which will include a wider net of social acquaintances. If she there, lovely. If she's not, lovely. I doubt Meghan is upset because she didn't get to see two strangers get hitched.

Well, I thought it had a warming atmosphere to it because of the way the guests reacted with each other in the photos, and the whole feel of the wedding seemed cosy. I think I can to have that opinion in addition to being curious as to why Meghan wasn't invited because I am observing based on what I am seeing.

Yes, I'm aware this thread isn't about Meghan and I'll stop here because I don't want to get into anymore debates since I like light-hearted comments. Most of my posts are meant to be general comments and thoughts I have about the events.

Well, that comment about Meghan being at the reception was meant to be, again, a simple light-hearted one and as I was busy at the time, I did not catch the full story.

We'll just have to respectfully hold different opinions on this matter, I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom