Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It didn't look Scottish themed like the British press said it would be. Did the rags get anything right?

I would imagine the Scottish theme would be where they'd be serving the haggis canapes. Probably at either the wedding breakfast/reception or the evening party. I think the press was referring to the theme of the after events and not the wedding ceremony itself.

Were the bridesmaids and page boys (besides George and Charlotte of course) offspring of Pippa's friends? I'm surprised four year old Rose Avenal, daughter of one on Kate and Pippa's oldest pals wasn't chosen.

Lovely groom and bride. The kids looked adorable. William and Harry practically disappeared.

Were the bridesmaids and page boys (besides George and Charlotte of course) offspring of Pippa's friends? I'm surprised four year old Rose Avenal, daughter of one on Kate and Pippa's oldest pals wasn't chosen.

DM was saying George, Charlotte and Casimir Tatos, Edward Sebire and William Ward and three more bridesmaids Countess Phillipa Hoyos, Lily French and Avia Horner

Read more: George and Charlotte attend Pippa's wedding | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can't find a photo with more than 3 bridesmaids in it though?

Does anyone have background on these littles?

:previous:

Countess Philippa Hoyos - daughter of Count Jakob Hoyos and Ileana Szczepanski
Avia Horner - daughter of James' work colleague, Edward Horner, and Lady Emily Compton (daughter of the 7th Marquess of Northampton)
Casimir Tatos - Pippa's godson, son of Ari Tatos and Comtesse Marie-Sophie de Montgelas

I haven't been able to find any details on the link to Lily French, Edward Sebire and William Ward.

All eight children are seen in this photo: http://www.gettyimages.com.au/license/685749140

Last edited:
Charlotte bailed out at the end of the wedding when the little kids were throwing petals ahead of the exiting couple. Look at Kate's hand she is holding Charlotte's hand but Aunt Pippa is blocking the view of the little Princess.

So beautiful, so elegant, and as another poster put it so well, just the right side of fussy. I don't think I have ever seen a more beaming bride or couple. So nice we got such good pictures, I really didn't think we would, thank you pippa. Her dress, with the lace hand sewn so that it would appear to have no seams! Contrast that with the Valentino with a mismatched floral print we saw recently. Carole, Kate, the children's impeccable outfits, but not too embellished, what a treat

Pippa looks absolutely perfect, best I've seen her, ever. Meghan or no Meghan, all eyes on Pippa today anyway!

Well awake and finally catching up :)

Pippa looked beautiful. I admit was a bit surprised. Choosing Deacon, I was expecting something quite different. I thought she would go much more sleek and modern, not to look like her sister. But the lace is lovely, and I love how it goes all the way down. And the keyhole back. Her hair looks great with the tiara which is more a headband. No surprise she is wearing her wedding earrings as like Kate's, they are the family crest of sorts. Best I have ever seen Pippa.

Her tiny white bouquet though reminded me of Kate though.

The kids are adorable. Was surprised Rose was not a bridesmaid. But the kids are adorable. Kate had quite the job wrangling them.

Eugenie looked great. Surprised to see her.

The pageboys and the flower girls look so cute in their outfits. George and Charlotte are especially sweet and they looked well-behaved and have grown a lot since we last saw them in public. Pippa's dress is beautiful and it really suits her. Everyone looked happy at the ceremony.

Contrary to reports in the media, Kate is not a matron of honor (since it was already reported that it's not a wedding custom in England to have bridesmaids/maid or matron of honor). As someone stated earlier, Kate was simply helping with Pippa's dress and keeping the pageboys and flower girls in line. :)

Last edited:
Do they all go have lunch in the crystal tent, or that is for evening? Or is it lunch and straight on to evening

It sounds like Lady Gabriella Windsor attended. I thought she might, considering she been dating Pippa's close friend Tom Kingston for 3 years.

Last edited:
Do they all go have lunch in the crystal tent, or that is for evening? Or is it lunch and straight on to evening

They are having the reception at Englefield House which is on the same property as the church. All the stuff at the Middleton's including the crystal structure is for the evening party.

:previous: Which makes sense. No point of taking everyone to Middleton manor for the reception and then back to the estate for the night party. The reception on the estate where the wedding is works. Especially as people will wear what they wore to the ceremony. And then those who will change for the evening will leave and prepare before going to the Middleton greenhouse for the party.

She looked gorgeous! What a beautiful gown!

Looks like a nice wedding.

I have to admit, I liked Kate's wedding dress much better. I think I even liked Pippa's maid of honor dress better. Pippa's wedding dress was okay. Something about the high neck and heavy lace didn't work for me. Really the whole bodice. Her dress had a nice classic look to it though. It'll "hold up" well. Her hair was lovely.

Kate's outfit was nice. The kids looked cute. Eugenia looked nice, very flattering dress.

Last edited:
Even if Kate was not officially Pippa's Matron of Honor, I wonder if she was one of the official witnesses?

Last edited:
Lady Gabriella is right behind Eugenie in best dressed. I love her proper hat :flowers:

Thanks for the links and photos!:flowers:

Mrs Mathews looked nice. Her look, especially the veil, was much better than The Duchess' of Cambridge. Costumes of page boys and flower girls were perfect.

It was nice to see Lady Gabriella attending the wedding.

Last edited:
A car photo of William and Kate leaving KP on their way to Englefield for the wedding - odd, I would have thought the Cambridge family would have spent the night in Bucklebury.

Kate is in 'peach' according to the DM, looks to be a pale tone from the photo.

Kate and William set off from Kensington Palace | Daily Mail Online

I bet they spent the night in London to keep George and Charlotte as close to routine as possible. Yes, they've undoubtedly spent a lot of time at the Middleton home, but I'm sure that was a chaotic environment pre-wedding.

Pippa looked lovely, but I really don't like the dress from the waist up. Just not flattering. But then, I'm in the minority that wasn't crazy about Catherine's dress either.

Love the one pic of Charlotte where she's holding the nanny's hand and half turned looking back. Beautiful shot.

LaRae

I love her dress! Just I am not sur about her tiara! too small, fake one?
She looks lovely and the kids and kate also! But I do not see photos of his parents!

Daily Mail is already running a "Where's Meghan" story:

Pippa Middleton wedding: Princes William and Harry arrive | Daily Mail Online

Meghan better be on Harry's arm for the reception and the after party or the press is going to get ugly about this.

When are they going to run the "Where's the Horse and Carriage" story? The press fabricated that one, too. Somebody better arrive to the evening party in a horse and carriage or the press is going to get ugly about being caught in lies.

Back
Top Bottom