Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Meghan not attending the wedding...but perhaps the reception?

LaRae

Where is Meghan?
Carole Middleton is pink costume
Meghan will attend the party after the wedding, along with others who weren't invited to the ceremony. Can't wait to see what she wears

Last edited:
Rob I bet she'll be at the reception though.

Hmmm Pippa's dress appears to be about what I thought she'd wear...I like the profile of it.

I like the earrings and the little mini-tiara/head piece?

LaRae

Has the wedding begun? All this flak about Meghan being invited to the wedding. The Middletons better have an explanation for this to compete with headlines of why Meghan was not there. They've open themselves up to claims of bait-and-switch; letting stories go that Meghan will be there to get more press interest. Can't wait to see Meghan at the reception.

Last edited:
They have no obligation to state who is invited (or not) to their wedding. All this flak was created by the media..and we all know they often get things wrong.

LaRae

Of course! The invite is only to make the point that, by the end of today, the Middleton sisters will both be married, whilst the York sisters still remain fair maidens waiting to walk up the aisle!
I really can't stand the York girls but I think you go too far :lol::lol::lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has the wedding begun? All this flak about Meghan being invited to the wedding. The Middletons better have an explanation for this to compete with headlines of why Meghan was not there. They've open themselves up to claims of bait-and-switch; letting stories go that Meghan will be there to get more press interest.

Why would they need to explain themselves for not inviting his girlfriend? I guess if they kind of knew her, then maybe but why invite her just because she is Prince Harry's girlfriend.

I think many of us were expecting her there because the headlines started so.

I am guessing that like William, he left Catherine to come in the back for the children. We didn't see Harry arrive either, he just appeared from around the back of the church. It is more than probable the Meghan was already inside. After all, it's Pippa's wedding and we wouldn't want a feeding frenzy on Meghan.

I do like the profile of Pippa's dress. Even though I really don't care for lace the bodice and little cap sleeves looked very elegant. The filmy veil and tiny tiara ditto!

It's good of Kate to assist with smoothing the veil. It looks like all the attendants are small.

Last edited:
Pippa's bridal dress and Kate elegance and beautiful

I am guessing that like William, he left Catherine to come in the back for the children. We didn't see Harry arrive either, he just appeared from around the back of the church. It is more than probable the Meghan was already inside. After all, it's Pippa's wedding and we wouldn't want a feeding frenzy on Meghan.

Catherine was seen coming out of a car at the front of the church with the children.

And the Middletons let the story go. They have corrected the record if it were not true.

So Meghan didn't get to the wedding. That's a bit sad
Actually I think it's a good idea simply because the press is in a frenzy over Meghan. It would be easy to unintentionally upstage the bride.

I imagine that Meghan, who seems like a lovely person, would agree with the etiquette. Besides, this is her big debut in such a formal event! She can walk in on Harry's arm and have a great time together. Love how she's handling it all. I'm sure BP is paying close attention

And the Middletons let the story go. They have corrected the record if it were not true.

No idea why you think that...generally they do not speak to the media. Certainly not about something like this.

LaRae

I thought The Sun claimed Pippa was going to arrive in a horse and carriage?

She arrived in a car with Michael. One of the many tabloid lies about today being exposed.

So far everyone looks lovely and the weather is sunny.

I must say I love those floral arrangements outside the Church too.

LaRae

:previous: But she left KP with William and the children in a Land Rover. So their vehicle is parked out back and William walked around with Harry who arrived?

I thought The Sun claimed Pippa was going to arrive in a horse and carriage?

She arrived in a car with Michael. One of the many tabloid lies about today being exposed.

So far everyone looks lovely and the weather is sunny.

I really like those old vintage cars too.

LaRae

Clearly there was no truth to the "no ring, no bring" rule that was supposedly being enforced.

I have seen several people so far with their significant other who are not engaged or married.
For example:
Princess Eugenie was there with her boyfriend

I was really looking forward to seeing Meghan and don't know why she didn't attend or was not invited as Harry's plus 1.

Clearly there was no truth to the "no ring, no bring" rule that was supposedly being enforced.

I have seen several people so far with their significant other who are not engaged or married.
For example:
Princess Eugenie was there with her boyfriend

I was really looking forward to seeing Meghan and don't know why she didn't attend or was not invited as Harry's plus 1.

It's possible she's there but we just haven't seen her yet ...or that she's only attending the reception.

LaRae

I was always under the impression that Meghan was invited to the reception/party afterwards but not to the church. It doesn't really matter though one bit. If the Middletons had to keep up with correcting every little thing the media decided to report, they'd never would have time to plan the wedding.

Pippa looks gorgeous and everything that a bride should be and very, very happy.

Back
Top Bottom