The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2017, 11:28 AM
Majesty

Indeed, no criticism possible on Philippa permitting herself a royal aura. She was a lovely bride. So happy she did not go for these "Say Yes To The Dress" monstrosities!

Old 05-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'd be very surprised if we even get any kind of photos for both the reception and the evening party. If there were any taken at the reception near the church, I think they'd be up and available already.

For the evening party seeing as its on the Middleton's home ground, its going to be very hard for the press to get any kind of photos from that. Security will keep onlookers and press as far away from the premises as possible.

That's how it should be too. We were fortunate to be able to get the pictures that we did from the ceremony.
That's my attitude about the photos. This is a private wedding but I have seen photos that I really didn't think we would. Obviously I would love to see photos of the evening do and MM but I am just enjoying what we have seen and will say again, I just hope they have had a lovely day (I hope the day really is as good as the smiles on the faces ).

Old 05-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Has the wedding begun? All this flak about Meghan being invited to the wedding. The Middletons better have an explanation for this to compete with headlines of why Meghan was not there. They've open themselves up to claims of bait-and-switch; letting stories go that Meghan will be there to get more press interest. Can't wait to see Meghan at the reception.
Actually the wedding isn't about Meghan and it was only the stupid media that was so hyped up about her. The Middleton's acted properly over the entire stupid headlines and did not even acknowledge such silliness in public. I give them credit for their class.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

>No Official Engagement , no Show up !
Old 05-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Of course! The invite is only to make the point that, by the end of today, the Middleton sisters will both be married, whilst the York sisters still remain fair maidens waiting to walk up the aisle!
I doubt if anyone would think of something like that. Who really cares who is married or not, except maybe a parent?
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I love her dress! Just I am not sur about her tiara! too small, fake one?
She looks lovely and the kids and kate also! But I do not see photos of his parents!
Here's a pic of the groom's parents - https://twitter.com/RoyaleVision/sta...284992/photo/1
Courtier

Pippa Middleton leaves church beaming as a married woman

Old 05-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Clearly there was no truth to the "no ring, no bring" rule that was supposedly being enforced.

I have seen several people so far with their significant other who are not engaged or married.
For example:
Princess Eugenie was there with her boyfriend
Just another fake news story many up by some odd reporter and all the sheep took as gospel.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I bet they spent the night in London to keep George and Charlotte as close to routine as possible. Yes, they've undoubtedly spent a lot of time at the Middleton home, but I'm sure that was a chaotic environment pre-wedding.

Pippa looked lovely, but I really don't like the dress from the waist up. Just not flattering. But then, I'm in the minority that wasn't crazy about Catherine's dress either.
Actually, I liked Pippa's dress better than the one Catherine wore. Pippa looked gorgeous
Old 05-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Indeed, no criticism possible on Philippa permitting herself a royal aura. She was a lovely bride. So happy she did not go for these "Say Yes To The Dress" monstrosities!
Oh I so agree. She was a beautiful traditional bride. Her dress was perfect for her slim shape and fit beautifully. Both mothers dressed lovely and also quite traditional. I am sure the church looked great and not over done and flashy. I am so happy they did things exactly how the felt most comfortable and didn't let media influence.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

The wedding seemed nice. A nice upper class English wedding.

Some of the DM commenters sound mean, but we wish Mr and Mrs Matthews the best.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if any of the Percy family came?
Earl Percy was a close friend and flatmate of Pippa's.
And Melissa Percy is her tennis partner.

On the other hand, Tom Van Straubenzee was there, so perhaps Melissa felt it would be awkward?
Old 05-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingnana View Post
Actually, I liked Pippa's dress better than the one Catherine wore. Pippa looked gorgeous

And I think just the opposite. I liked Kate's so much better. I think it's the high neckline that really takes away from the dress for me and the style of the lace at top. Both dresses were of a classic style though. They'll look nice years from now.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Actually the wedding isn't about Meghan and it was only the stupid media that was so hyped up about her. The Middleton's acted properly over the entire stupid headlines and did not even acknowledge such silliness in public. I give them credit for their class.
Well said. I said upthread the same thing: this is Pippa's day- a lovely family wedding. Pretty sure all involved, starting with Meghan and Harry, knew and agreed that this was the right choice to focus on the couple and their families during the ceremony.

All involved here have acted with the utmost class and discretion. The Middletons and Matthews ignored the chaos/lies from the press and gave the couple a fabulous day. Looked like a very happy bunch.

Now let the celebration begin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Which makes sense. No point of taking everyone to Middleton manor for the reception and then back to the estate for the night party. The reception on the estate where the wedding is works. Especially as people will wear what they wore to the ceremony. And then those who will change for the evening will leave and prepare before going to the Middleton greenhouse for the party.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Pippa Middleton leaves church beaming as a married woman

Perfection!
Old 05-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnia View Post
Perfection!
Thanks for the video! I think the high neck is growing on me. She really looked lovely (super thin though!). The dress was just perfect for her😊
Old 05-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

Absolute perfection from head to toe! JMHO --- much better overall look than her sister.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:12 PM
Majesty

Wonderful to see my tennis hero Roger Federer at Philippa and James' wedding. And his jacquet is perfectly tailored.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Her veil is just perfect.

LaRae
Old 05-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a gorgeous wedding- and so many delightful pictures of little Charlotte too! I *love* that Pippa chose to wear a small, sleek tiara. Just- perfectly done.