Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful! :flowers: Gown was lovely, and Pippa was exquisite. Father and daughter were so sweet. Glad they were able to have a normal wedding this time round.

Love Pippa's choice of color scheme. I just know the glass pavilion with the Cherry Blossoms is going to be amazing. From top-to-toe: perfection. Well done, Pippa and James! A good life to you both! :twohearts:

:heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::heartflower::

P.S. Now for the patter of little feet.....;) :p

P.P.S. And a warm nod to the classy Middletons. Pitch perfect. 'Not a step wrong' as they negotiate their private selves with their public prominence due to connections. They do it well.

P.P.S. I also think Pippa has chosen her husband well. He seems like such a good, agreeable, warm-hearted man.

Last edited:
Erm, well, I thought it had a warming atmosphere to it because of the way the guests reacted with each other in the photos, and the whole feel of the wedding seemed cosy. I think I'm allowed to have that opinion in addition to being curious as to why Meghan wasn't invited.

Yes, I'm aware this thread isn't about Meghan and I'll stop here because I don't want to get into anymore debates since I like light-hearted comments. Most of my posts are meant to be general comments and thoughts I have about the events.

Well, that comment about Meghan being at the reception was meant to be, again, a simple light-hearted one and as I was busy at the time, I did not catch the full story.

I hope I can continue to discuss the wedding civilly. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sure, of course we are all allowed to be curious about things. We are also all allowed to try to provide answers to help dispel any posed curiosity.

Enjoy the discussion. :)

Duc, I wouldn't call Princess Eugenie and Lady Gabriella Windsor "unknowns."

I challenge you to take a picture of Lady Gabriella and Princess Eugenie and go to High Street in Hull, Nottingham, Sheffield, Glasgow, Cardiff, whatever and ask the people: "Do you know these persons?"

:lol:

Phipps looked lovely loved everything about her wedding dress

P.P.S. And a warm nod to the classy Middletons. Pitch perfect. 'Not a step wrong' as they negotiate their private selves with their public prominence due to connections. They do it well

Classy indeed. Through all these fake stories about their daughter's wedding, they never said a word. They didn't bother to confirm or deny anything, not even that ridiculous "horse and carriage" mess. I admire them tremendously. They seem to be good people who just want the best for their children.

Agree and haven't they done well with their children! I was awe-struck by the Matthews clan hotel chain; the happy few will now have family and friend owned properties to spend their hard-earned cash in. I only hope that some thought is spared for those who might be less fortunate....jobs, perhaps?:bang::whistling:

Perfectly beautiful wedding and a perfectly beautiful bride. Well done Pipa!

Last edited:
P.P.S. And a warm nod to the classy Middletons. Pitch perfect. 'Not a step wrong' as they negotiate their private selves with their public prominence due to connections. They do it well.

P.P.S. I also think Pippa has chosen her husband well. He seems like such a good, agreeable, warm-hearted man.

I agree completely!
The media made this event sound like it would be some tacky circus, but it was lovely and tasteful. (Must make the Middleton detractors so disappointed).

I also agree about James Matthews. The press has tried to portray him as an opportunistic social-climber, to no avail. He comes across as a very nice level-headed man, and he must love Pippa very much to put up with the many nasty comments in the papers about her and her family (and by extension, his family!)

You know there's a great deal of disappointment that everyone didn't get a chance to see Harry and Meghan at the wedding and not likely to see them at the receptions.

It would be great if articles like the ones published over the past year speculating about the wedding were actually labeled as such--speculation--because that is what a lot of them were, with each "reporter" trying to top the last story. But that won't happen.
And what is worse, lots of people casually read them and take them as the gospel truth, never seeing the real reports. And the made up stories will linger and be quoted years from now.

Absolutely. Or be placed on the Op-Ed page [purely opinion or editorial]. That is exactly what those pages are for. People's personal opinions. All other articles should have some sense of proof that facts are being presented.

You know there's a great deal of disappointment that everyone didn't get a chance to see Harry and Meghan at the wedding and not likely to see them at the receptions.

I am sure that if Harry wanted to be seen with Meghan at the reception, it would have been done. I honestly think they might enjoy just being a normal guest at a quasi family affair. The disappointed people will get over if someone doesn't publish photos eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bride looked lovely, and I am in the camp who liked her wedding look much more than her sister's. The dress, hair, make-up - all better IMO. Mazel tov to the happy couple!

Lady Gabriella looked smashing.
She most certainly did! Best I have seen so far (after the bride, naturally)

Actually the wedding isn't about Meghan and it was only the stupid media that was so hyped up about her.
Exactly! I have heard both that she was there (and entered the church through a side door), and that she wasn't there. My feeling is that she wasn't, but if she was, it just reeks of self-importance to me that she &/or Harry would think that they would overshadow the bride & groom. Yes, the media would go crazy with the pictures, but so what? To the people who should matter, Pippa & James' family and friends, the most important couple of the day is the one standing at the altar declaring their love for each other and their desire to spend the rest of their lives together.

They are a happy couple.

The Middleton family are a happy family indeed. They have their own coat of arms for God's sake.

Kate doesn't have to look matronly...she's worn some fairly daring evening gowns.

I don't think the dress looks matronly...it looks vintage. That deep vee is not matronly.

LaRae

I don't give a fig about Meghan. Why should she go to the wedding of someone she never has even met. If Harry want to be seen in public with her, then actually do it.

Pippa had to wear her hair up to show the back of the dress.
If not for that, she may have made a different choice.

Kate had no restrictions.

Nothing to with restrictions an up do just looks better- always.

"She is the future Princess of Wales, future Countess of Chester, future Queen. She has to look matronly."

Why?

Lovely bride. lovely hairdo ! bouquet all white ( not so nice) and too small imo.

They are a happy couple.

The Middleton family are a happy family indeed. They have their own coat of arms for God's sake.

What does having a family coat of arms have yo do with being happy :ohmy:

Many families have coats, and I am certain not all are happy.

Thanks for the video! I think the high neck is growing on me. She really looked lovely (super thin though!). The dress was just perfect for her?
I must give credit where credit is due. I did not post the video.

Queen Claude brought us the video. And if I'd bold it if I knew how. Thanks Claude. [emoji3]

So far the front pages don't seem to care Meghan wasn't at the wedding.

Express front page
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DATAuxuWsAAB3XM.jpg

Daily Star front page
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DATBPasW0AAQMCQ.jpg

Daily Mail front page (12 page souvenir pullout)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DATDV-0XsAA18EF.jpg

The Telegraph
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DATErRQXYAErvmk.jpg

The Sunday Times
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DATJajUXgAEvoYK.jpg

The Sunday Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DATNRjkXUAEqIG2.jpg

The Daily Mirror
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DATORCnW0AAY-y4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Nothing to with restrictions an up do just looks better- always.

I disagree, I think an updo can often be aging.
Pippa's looks fine, though.

I hope there will be some pictures of the evening party. I'd really like to see the dresses for that!

I disagree, I think an updo can often be aging.
Pippa's looks fine, though.

I hope there will be some pictures of the evening party. I'd really like to see the dresses for that!

I agree, the wrong updo can be aging.

Pippas dress though called for one. With a keyhole back, defeats the purpose to hide it with hair. I wish Kate had worn hers up with her tiara.

There's a pic of Roger Federer's wife in a gown at the reception but I can't find the tweet!!

Last edited:
There's a pic of Roger Federer's wife in a gown at the reception but I can't find the tweet!!

You mean this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAS9F4CXYAE6Km7.jpg

Lovely picture Catherine-Charlotte

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7b4bc6c391e4bf9d436a48313f65d093/tumblr_oq9r914cmW1w9042ao1_500.png

The invitation

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DATOXQZW0AE9V5e.jpg

"As Robinson Pelham cofounders Zoe Benyon and Vanessa Chilton share exclusively "with Vogue, the piece was meant to radiate romantic simplicity, in keeping with the wedding theme—a task Pippa entrusted to the British jewelers, after witnessing their skill at her sister’s 2011 nuptials. Then, Kate had commissioned a set of acorn and oak leaf earrings—a nod to the Middleton family’s coat of arms—and a pear-cut drop style for Pippa, who served as maid of honor (thoughtfully, Pippa recycled them as her “something old” on Saturday)."

The Story Behind Pippa Middleton’s Robinson Pelham Wedding Tiara - Vogue

U.S. cable news station MSNBC ran the Pippa wedding. It reported that Harry took Meghan into the reception. Still would like to see some pictures.

Well...like all weddings...the big day has come and gone. I'm sure everyone involved in putting the whole wedding together is relieved it's all over. I know William and Catherine and all the other parents are happy the kids behaved themselves.

Back
Top Bottom