The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Aristocracy

I think that they went there for the privacy first, and beautiful tropical venue second.

His family is in the hotel business. This place was not chosen by throwing a dart at a map.

Mirabel is like me. Museums, plays, restaurants, a really velvety hotel robe....

I think for Pippa, no paps is the main concern for her honeymoon.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I guess it would appeal to many people, but I'd be bored out of my mind.
I'm a city type, my idea of a nice vacation is museums, plays, restaurants.

That place has a nice beach, that's it.
I feel the same way. I love a beautiful beach but I need more than that for seven days. But then, I'm not a newly wed.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Courtier

Is it true that George got a telling off from Kate for misbehaving during the ceremony? I was exactly his age (one day difference) when I was the flower girl at my uncle's wedding 23 years ago, and I wandered across the aisle and was scooped up by my dad, much to the delight of everyone there. My mom told me that even adults get fidgety during long wedding ceremonies.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
Is it true that George got a telling off from Kate for misbehaving during the ceremony? I was exactly his age (one day difference) when I was the flower girl at my uncle's wedding 23 years ago, and I wandered across the aisle and was scooped up by my dad, much to the delight of everyone there. My mom told me that even adults get fidgety during long wedding ceremonies.
I only know what was written by the Daily Fail, so take it with several grains of salt. Apparently, AFTER the wedding, when walking out of the church, George was playing around and stepped on Auntie Pippa's train. Kate gave him a talking to, he cried for a minute, calmed down and was seen smiling and waving in the car on the way to the reception.

Personally, I dislike weddings where there are small children in the wedding party. Any wedding is too long for a small child. I've been to several weddings over the years where one or two of the small ones refuse to even go down the aisle. They cry and throw a fit and people think it so adorable. I think it distracts from the reason we are all there. I remember, many years ago, when I declined to be an attendant in a friend's wedding because she insisted on having four children under five years old in the party. There were to be about 14-15 attendants all together so I wasn't really missed. I didn't go to the wedding at all but I heard it was a disaster with that many attendants and all those kiddies.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

It also seems to be a tradition in the British upper classes to have a gaggle of small children as attendants. I tend to agree that though they look adorable they take a great deal of superintending, even when not misbehaving (and some littlies behave very well.)

Camilla's small granddaughter became upset with the crowds and the movement of the carriage on the way back to BP from the Abbey at William and Kate's wedding, and it was only the fact that Harry (who was in her carriage with some of the attendants) had brought a couple of small toys in his pockets and gave her one, that settled her down. She refused to be parted from it! And we all remember little Grace Van Cutsem's face on the balcony!
Old 05-27-2017, 12:23 AM
Majesty

Yep, the roar of the "people" would have given any gladiatorial arena a run for its money. It was loud and I think, scary for the little ones.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I guess it would appeal to many people, but I'd be bored out of my mind.
I'm a city type, my idea of a nice vacation is museums, plays, restaurants.

That place has a nice beach, that's it.
I agree. Going to mexico at Christmas but going to a place where ruins and such not just beaches. Other than school In Cuba, my travel has never been tropical. I prefer museums, galleries, churches. My dream hobeymoon would be an art cruise in Europe.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It also seems to be a tradition in the British upper classes to have a gaggle of small children as attendants. I tend to agree that though they look adorable they take a great deal of superintending, even when not misbehaving (and some littlies behave very well.)

Camilla's small granddaughter became upset with the crowds and the movement of the carriage on the way back to BP from the Abbey at William and Kate's wedding, and it was only the fact that Harry (who was in her carriage with some of the attendants) had brought a couple of small toys in his pockets and gave her one, that settled her down. She refused to be parted from it! And we all remember little Grace Van Cutsem's face on the balcony!

Harry must have been glad he didn't pull a wiggly worm instead of Kate's ring out of his cuff during the ceremony. Harry's uniform didn't have pockets so he had to carry the ring in his cuff.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Commoner

DM is lying again. George didn't step on pippa's dress. Charlotte was emptying her basket with flowers behind pippa, that's why kate is behind pippa. George did nothing.

Also George's "so called trantum" lasted for 4 seconds.

Here’s the video, Royal children play as Pippa leaves church

Start at 2:30 for the “tantrum” and “telling off” but the incident really starts at 2:37 and is over by 2:40.

They had pictures from so many angles from 4 seconds and made a story up about a three year old boy and his mother.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesam View Post
DM is lying again.
The Daily Fail was LYING??? If you could only see my face. Shocked, I tell you.

I didn't actually look at the video so I was just repeating what I read. George did cry for a second or two but I knew it wasn't a real tantrum because he was smiling and waving a second later from the car window. All in all, he seemed to be much better behaved than William was at Uncle Andrew's wedding.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

The two older boys were probably upsetting to George. They seemed to know each other and were slightly rambunctious.They those kinds of situations are hard on children, especially good little boys which George seems to be. Kate was on top of the whole situation, she is a good mother
Old 05-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

And now we wait for Pippa's bundles of joy.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
I feel the same way. I love a beautiful beach but I need more than that for seven days. But then, I'm not a newly wed.
How right you are. Newly wed, yes alone, sun, beach, few clothes. Married 30 years, a tad different.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

We have beautiful beaches in Australia, but the heat of the sun, the sand grit that seems to get on towels and anything you eat or drink, the necessity of going in the sea every twenty minutes or so to cool yourself off, lathering yourself and others with sun-block, makes it all not my idea of a good time. When I go overseas I prefer sightseeing holidays. However, to each his own and the Matthews' obviously like sun baking and beach life.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesam View Post
DM is lying again. George didn't step on pippa's dress. Charlotte was emptying her basket with flowers behind pippa, that's why kate is behind pippa. George did nothing.

Also George's "so called trantum" lasted for 4 seconds.

Here’s the video, Royal children play as Pippa leaves church

Start at 2:30 for the “tantrum” and “telling off” but the incident really starts at 2:37 and is over by 2:40.

They had pictures from so many angles from 4 seconds and made a story up about a three year old boy and his mother.
Didn't really focus on the children before, this is amusing! Never noticed George darting back in the gate and off to the right, coming back when his mother waved at him to do so.

Also amused at the camera click that caught Kate scolding George, when it was just a facial expression as she talked to him.

I imagine, after an hour trying to sit quietly in a church the children were feeling quite giddy when given first free reign to the open air and behaved very well considering.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
How right you are. Newly wed, yes alone, sun, beach, few clothes. Married 30 years, a tad different.
Young and newlywed couples are just starting off exploring their world together as a married couple. The blessing of a long marriage results in being perfectly happy and contented to stay home with each other in old, comfortable clothes in matching recliners.

The surf, the sun and the beach is secondary on a honeymoon and available should the couple decide to come up for fresh air every now and then. After what seems like a lifetime of coming up for fresh air, its the places chosen to go to that holds all the attraction.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The Story Behind Pippa Middleton’s Robinson Pelham Wedding Tiara - Vogue
Old 05-31-2017, 04:38 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the couple's honeymoon have been moved to the Pippa and James Matthews: May 2017 - thread.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:10 AM
Majesty

DJ publishes Pippa Middleton's wedding playlist which includes I Took A Pill In Ibiza