The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just saw the photos posted here for the tiara , the one that it had been suggested to be a bracelet, I do not get it how it works because in the photo the main stem of what would be the bracelet it does not look flexible , the contrary quite straight and not in a shape of a wrist. the other one from the veil, it is loose so I do not know how else would be use, may be a broche?

Old 05-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I really like the design and it's nice to know the Middleton's now hava tiara in the family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Nobility

Fantastic pictures of the flower arrangements posted by Djordje Varda's himself!

Middleton Maven on Twitter: “Wow! The floral... - THE ROYAL WEEKLY

Also:
According to
Hello Magazine
, Pippa changed into a
Pronovias
dress for the reception.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, wonder which dress from pronovias, pitty we do not have a photo!
Old 05-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I just saw the photos posted here for the tiara , the one that it had been suggested to be a bracelet, I do not get it how it works because in the photo the main stem of what would be the bracelet it does not look flexible , the contrary quite straight and not in a shape of a wrist. the other one from the veil, it is loose so I do not know how else would be use, may be a broche?
I thought it was a bracelet too until I saw the Vogue photos. I agree that its too rigid for a bracelet.

If its readily convertible to anything, I could see it being part of a necklace. If the jeweled part does easily come off the frame, and is inverted, you'd just attach a chain or coordinating diamond necklace attachment to the ends of the rigid branch piece and maybe even swing a pendant from the middle.

The smaller headpiece seems dedicated as a hair ornament only.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:57 AM
Majesty

The hairpiece is beautiful and practical. It can be used in her hair for the charity events she attends. Lovely piece

Tiara is less practical. Middletons don't really have much need for one. Other then for a heirloom wedding piece. And I guess when William and Kate are crowned.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:15 AM
Majesty

the flower arrangements by Djordje Varda look stunning. his work is lovely, so no wonder they chose him. however, i am wondering how pleased pippa and james are with him showing pictures of their reception...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I really like the design and it's nice to know the Middleton's now hava tiara in the family.
i doubt so, but i wonder if kate may borrow the tiara for some (smaller) tiara event she needs to attend. who knows, maybe it will even become the family tiara and james' future fiancee may borrow it for her wedding? (or maybe, most likely, she will get a new one for herself).
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the flower arrangements by Djordje Varda look stunning. his work is lovely, so no wonder they chose him. however, i am wondering how pleased pippa and james are with him showing pictures of their reception...
I don't know how it works for the other half, but some of my wedding photos were featured in the album that my photographer used to show examples of his work, in both his studio and at bridal expos. Part of our contract was that he could use any photo to showcase his work. I got married in 1993, so way pre-SM & even pre-internet, and it always tickled me when someone told me they saw my pictures in Christopher's portfolio. Perhaps Pippa & James had the same kind of agreement, but with the condition that any pictures published had to be taken pre-reception so no guests were photographed. That way, people got their curiosity satisfied (somewhat), and Mr. Varda got to showcase his stunning work while still maintaining Pippa & James' privacy.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I seriously doubt that Pippa is going to mind photographs being taken of the place she held her reception at after the event is over with. I can imagine that many people can walk through that venue from time to time and the photographer was just showing the flower arrangements she had.

Its not like these people were actually being rude such as my aunt (who had more money than she knew what to do with) asking a friend of my mother's whose husband's funeral was just before my mother's if she'd mind leaving the flower arrangements for my mother's funeral service to save a few green dollars.

One thing is that as time passes, I think there are going to be fewer and fewer tiara events as the days of white tie events and dressing for the opera or the things of yore that women wore tiaras to are long gone. Weddings and coronations and some royal events are about it these days.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

I would actually find it very rude and inconsiderate if she wouldn't allow the people who worked on her wedding to permit photos for promo. These people are business people and need publicity to stay afloat.

But I doubt she wouldn't allow this. What are a bunch of pictures of flower arrangements or wedding cake when barely anything else is shown?
Old 05-26-2017, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Mr and Mrs Mathews on the cover of Hello Canada

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DArbgboXUAEoS8n.jpg
Old 05-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I would actually find it very rude and inconsiderate if she wouldn't allow the people who worked on her wedding to permit photos for promo. These people are business people and need publicity to stay afloat.

But I doubt she wouldn't allow this. What are a bunch of pictures of flower arrangements or wedding cake when barely anything else is shown?
Why would it be rude or inconsiderate? Unless these services were given free to Pippa and James, these pictures are an invasion of their privacy. That's my opinion. When a regular person gets married, the photographer or florist asks if they can use a photo or two in their advertisements, they don't just use them after you have paid for them.

I really hope permission was given, otherwise, if I were Pippa or James I would be furious at these people.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
I really hope permission was given, otherwise, if I were Pippa or James I would be furious at these people.

I read they were very annoyed when the dinner menus turned up for sale on eBay, starting bid at 499 pounds.
(They have since been withdrawn. Wonder which guests planned to cash in?)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I read they were very annoyed when the dinner menus turned up for sale on eBay, starting bid at 499 pounds.
(They have since been withdrawn. Wonder which guests planned to cash in?)
I hadn't heard that. That's disgusting!! It's a good thing eBay is good about having things taken down that shouldn't be for sale. I have a feeling that PR person Pippa hired is doing her job and keeping this sort of stuff under control. (I'm thinking a menu or program was picked up by one of the serving people. I can't imagine an actual guest would risk the anger of Pippa and James just to get a few pounds.)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Why would it be rude or inconsiderate? Unless these services were given free to Pippa and James, these pictures are an invasion of their privacy. That's my opinion. When a regular person gets married, the photographer or florist asks if they can use a photo or two in their advertisements, they don't just use them after you have paid for them.

Because you are denying someone with a business to chance to market themselves?
Old 05-26-2017, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

In all of this I would just like to point out that Pippa and James Matthews are ordinary people. Her sister might be the future Queen, but she isn't royal and he is pretty much the brother of the guy from Made in Chelsea.

The extra security for the wedding was because of the royals that attended, the privacy is viewed as OTT by some but we don't know that this isn't the way Pippa has always wanted her wedding.

I'm saying this in relation to the pictures coming to light of her flower displays and cake etc, but Pippa and James are reasonable people and the know they industry they are in.

I doubt James was too annoyed when his Boomf marshmallows were chosen at wedding favours. There's a difference between promoting your business through wonderful designs/displays and a guest choosing to make money from their friends wedding.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Here's an article about Pippa/James' honeymoon in French Polynesia:

Pippa Middleton Honeymoon - Pippa and James' Honeymoon
Old 05-26-2017, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I hadn't heard that. That's disgusting!! It's a good thing eBay is good about having things taken down that shouldn't be for sale. I have a feeling that PR person Pippa hired is doing her job and keeping this sort of stuff under control. (I'm thinking a menu or program was picked up by one of the serving people. I can't imagine an actual guest would risk the anger of Pippa and James just to get a few pounds.)

I'm not so sure.
According to the article, one menu was personalized Pippa and the other James.

That suggests to me that it was probably a couple who planned to cash in.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Here's an article about Pippa/James' honeymoon in French Polynesia:

Pippa Middleton Honeymoon - Pippa and James' Honeymoon
There is actually a documentary about the island that was done after it was built but before it open. One of Brando's (many) sons had a prominent role. Evidently, Marlon and a hotel group had spent many years planning the place. It's eco-friendly with solar energy and it employs locals and helps the economy, etc. It's stunning. I think the documentary is on Amazon or Netflix, can't remember which.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There is actually a documentary about the island that was done after it was built but before it open. One of Brando's (many) sons had a prominent role. Evidently, Marlon and a hotel group had spent many years planning the place. It's eco-friendly with solar energy and it employs locals and helps the economy, etc. It's stunning. I think the documentary is on Amazon or Netflix, can't remember which.

I guess it would appeal to many people, but I'd be bored out of my mind.
I'm a city type, my idea of a nice vacation is museums, plays, restaurants.

That place has a nice beach, that's it.