The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2017, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah when I was growing up it wasn't till I was a teen that the seat belt thing because an issue.

LaRae

Old 05-22-2017, 09:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

We all should have seat belts on when we are in a moving car no matter where or what speed. Yes in the old days we didn't have seatbelts thank god those days are gone

Old 05-22-2017, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Middletons' refusal to grant photos | Daily Mail Online

How it looks?

It looks like the Middletons have more class than certain members of the BRF!
Old 05-22-2017, 10:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Middletons' refusal to grant photos | Daily Mail Online

How it looks?

It looks like the Middletons have more class than certain members of the BRF!
Wow, what a novelty. Something complimentary about the Middleton family printed by the Daily Mail. A nice change.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Those cars are old. They don't have seatbelts.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:33 PM
Nobility

I saw the pictures of George in the moving car. I know some people think it's no big deal because the car was on private property and going slowly, but it's still bad optics. If an accident had happen and the future king got hurt, the media would have dragged Kate for days because she was in the car with her son. You can make an argument that a carriage has no safety harness for passengers, but the media would not make such a distinction.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Those cars are old. They don't have seatbelts.
Then legally Charlotte was not allowed in that car

https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law/if...ave-seat-belts

Legally you can drive vintage cars in the uk without seat belts but no one under the age of three is permitted to drive in the car.

Even if you don't have a seatbelt on the kid, having him standing up
Old 05-23-2017, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

But they are on private land and the seat belt law doesn't apply on private land.

There aren't seat belts in buses which little kids ride in every day. There was a bad crash last year about 2hrs from me last year where the bus driver wrapped the school bus around a tree because he was driving dangerously and several first graders were killed. If a bus rolls over, seat belts would help stop the kids from being thrown around.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:48 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The car was moving at a very slow pace too on private land and if you don't believe there was a PPO in that car, I've swamp land I'd love to sell you somewhere in a swamp far, far away.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

It's also only 459 ft from the Church to the House. So they were probably only in the car less than 5 minutes. On a closed road on private land. George is in more danger on balcony of BP every year.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, how should we make them pay a penalty for putting all these children in such danger? Surely something needs to be done to the parents/driver/organizers? What are local authorities saying about this miscarriage of justice and safety?
Old 05-23-2017, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Wow, what a novelty. Something complimentary about the Middleton family printed by the Daily Mail. A nice change.

Yes, but most of the comments dismiss it by saying that Pippa and James have more money than Peter and Zara.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:32 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
People who value other people by the size of their bank accounts definitely have a short sighted view on humanity as whole and most likely will fall into the category of people that think "I'll be happy when I have..." and name material things". These are people that by finding fault with anything and everything don't have to look at what's missing in their lives. At least that's my take on it.

Their choice though but I think differently.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It's also only 459 ft from the Church to the House. So they were probably only in the car less than 5 minutes. On a closed road on private land. George is in more danger on balcony of BP every year.
That's how I see it. My guess is that the odds are extremely small that there would even be an accident and then infinitesimally small that anyone would be gravely injured. If riding a short distance at a low speed on a private road in a vintage car that is probably made of very durable material is considered as being at risk then so is walking out the front door. George was probably at greater risk of serious injury during the ride to Bucklebury even factoring in that he was buckled up or in a car seat.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I had to read it twice. Unbelievable.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
We all should have seat belts on when we are in a moving car no matter where or what speed. Yes in the old days we didn't have seatbelts thank god those days are gone
I agree to a point. When on public roads you are obliged to follow the rules of the land. Here all passengers of a private moving vehicle must wear seat belts.
But on those same roads, busses and school vehicles don't even have seat belts installed! Plus people are permitted to stand while a bus in moving! People take their children on busses daily. and no seat belts and no one sees any problem. When on private land, those seat belt laws do not apply. Around here no horse stud farm employee buckles up if on their huge acres. It is their private land and laws don't apply and shouldn't. These children were extremely well taken care of, probably better than the average family that installs their child's car seat improperly. Locally the biggest "scandal" was when the local police were stopping cars with car seats and approximately 50% were incorrect. Parents excuse was that their child didn't like to be that restricted. So since that child was boss of his family, what good was the seat belt.

It comes down to the safety of people on a heavy traffic public road vs supervision on a private land with no other vehicles traveling as slow as a snail. If governments really cared they would make it mandatory for every moving vehicle used by the public to have everyone wear seat belt [even trains] and absolutely no standing anywhere. Anyone [me included] who has ever stood on a bus or train can't possibly find fault with these children going 1/4 mile on private land to a wedding while supervised.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Interior pictures of the flower and table arrangements from the wedding reception-
World of Windsor : killiamkween: “LET ME TELL YOU THE STORY ABOUT A...

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm all I get is a black picture Dman.

LaRae
Old 05-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pictures:
Interior pictures of the flower and table arrangements from the wedding reception-
World of Windsor : killiamkween: “LET ME TELL YOU THE STORY ABOUT A...
OMG - thank you!!! gorgeous
Old 05-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely beautiful, like a magical garden.