The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I highly doubt her ex husband attending would be reason to keep Melissa away. Her and Pippa have been friends for many years. In these social circles, exes usually continue to mingle as they have the sane friends.

If her and George weren't there, they could be as we font have photos of all the guests, it was because they had other things. I highly doubt it was a vote who has a better friendship Pippa and Melissa vs Tom and James, on who would attend.
Yeah, the photos of the guests aren't that extensive. The few approved photogs seemed to put almost all their focus on the VIP guests or the guests wearing zany outfits. The rest were pretty overlooked for the most part. It's good news for them as they got peace and privacy. But bad news for any curious royal-watcher that likes to "inner circle" watch.

Heck, I only saw one picture of Pippa's ex JJ, and that's only because he stopped to chat with Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston, and the photog was just trying to photograph Gabriella.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
wonderful flowers!
BYe Bine

Old 05-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Beautiful. It looks like someone ran through the fields picking wildflowers. Just gorgeous. It's nice that the congregation was able to enjoy this beauty.

The Daily Fail loves to give the prices of everything for this wedding, don't they? Only speculation and it's par for the course for this rag but really, it's so tacky. It's not like the Middletons couldn't afford the wedding. And it's none of our business what things cost. (And I think Pippa's gown cost way more than 40,000 pounds. That thing was handmade and took months. I say at least $150K in American money.)
Old 05-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Majesty

I found her bouquet under whelming but the church flowers were beautiful
Old 05-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
In fact, I am personally surprised that Pippa didn't marry into the peerage given the fame of the Middleton girls as "social climbers".
Pippa is more of a lateral mover. Yes, I'm sure it infuriates some that she doesn't follow the narrative that the tabs wrote for her.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Speaking of the Percy's, did anyone spot George or Pippa's tennis partner, Melissa at the wedding?
I thought I spotted George Percy amongst a group but wasn't sure. I'm not really as familiar with the Brit aristos as others on here might be. He was not identified by name and neither was anyone else in that particular group. In fact, several of the unidentified looked familiar to me from all the weddings attended by Pippa and Kate and the royals over the years. It could have been someone else I've seen before through. It's not like George Percy is a party boy who shows up at everything but I would bet if he wasn't at the wedding he was at least at the party last night.

I can't imagine Melissa Percy would come to the wedding. Didn't she and her ex part on not very happy terms? Things might still be a bit too raw for them to attend the same party. Maybe in a few years.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Pippa is more of a lateral mover. Yes, I'm sure it infuriates some that she doesn't follow the narrative that the tabs wrote for her.
Percy was supposed to be The One but they didn't even date and were just friends. Besides, George Percy is not the "marrying kind."
Old 05-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
No need to pay for Hello. They will have the same photos that we've seen already. Apparently, unlike Zara and Mike and Peter and Autumn, the Middleton's turned down a "name your price" offer from Hello. Commenters on certain sites don't believe it but I do. We will see soon enough. If there is a deal then we should soon see photos from inside the reception and the evening party.
I would think the Middleton/Matthew combined fortunes would make a Hello deal quite unnecessary
Old 05-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh the tabloids won't let go of it. Why do you think they insist on keeping up with the future lord of glen affric narrative? They continue to say Pippa will be lady one day. Emphasizing as eldest son, perhaps hoping people will over look or not know its not a traditional style.

James may very well be. Or his sister, or Spencer. Or his father may sell the estate and split the money between his kids. The title is tied to the land. Honestly if I was James, I'd want Eden rock instead (family has three estates and three kids, so each could get one, the third being the actual family home). Glen isn't very profitable it seems. Eden is, and he and Pippa love going there on vacation.

No one knows what will happen to that title until both parents die. As no need for dowager, the widow should still be legal owner if her husband dies first.

Pippa may not have married a title, but she married real money. And modern times that is far more practical. Some so called titles have little more than the title.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
I thought I spotted George Percy amongst a group but wasn't sure. I'm not really as familiar with the Brit aristos as others on here might be. He was not identified by name and neither was anyone else in that particular group. In fact, several of the unidentified looked familiar to me from all the weddings attended by Pippa and Kate and the royals over the years. It could have been someone else I've seen before through. It's not like George Percy is a party boy who shows up at everything but I would bet if he wasn't at the wedding he was at least at the party last night.

I can't imagine Melissa Percy would come to the wedding. Didn't she and her ex part on not very happy terms? Things might still be a bit too raw for them to attend the same party. Maybe in a few years.
I have to admit that while watching the live stream of the guests walking to the wedding, the only one I actually recognized was Eugenie. I ended up turning that off because, frankly, I don't think the camera person knew what they were doing and it was lousy coverage.

I'm more inclined to agree with you that Percy most likely would have been at the evening party if at all. There were just so many people that they could cram into that little church.

The flowers in the church were absolutely gorgeously and tastefully done. Perfect for a small country church. It doesn't matter what the cost was for anything regarding this wedding. It was what Pippa and James wanted and that's what they got. That's what really matters in the long run.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Oh the tabloids won't let go of it. Why do you think they insist on keeping up with the future lord of glen affric narrative? They continue to say Pippa will be lady one day. Emphasizing as eldest son, perhaps hoping people will over look or not know its not a traditional style.

James may very well be. Or his sister, or Spencer. Or his father may sell the estate and split the money between his kids. The title is tied to the land. Honestly if I was James, I'd want Eden rock instead (family has three estates and three kids, so each could get one, the third being the actual family home). Glen isn't very profitable it seems. Eden is, and he and Pippa love going there on vacation.

No one knows what will happen to that title until both parents die. As no need for dowager, the widow should still be legal owner if her husband dies first.

Pippa may not have married a title, but she married real money. And modern times that is far more practical. Some so called titles have little more than the title.
There are a few rich Americans who have bought estates in England/Scotland/Ireland that had a title attached and some of them played that up but most of them just thought it was funny. Titles can't be used in America and the Brits just laugh at them so, what's the point?

Also, maybe Glen isn't profitable now because the Mathews family hasn't had it long enough. It does have potential if they want to advertise it as a hunting lodge getaway for the wealthy. It might become as profitable as Eden one day. I'm sure they think long-term when it comes to their businesses.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Oh, I agree. The lord of glen affric nonsense is annoying. Eden Rock is a much better "prize" to inherit, it will be interesting to see how the property gets distributed amongst the next generation. Traditionally, the lion's share would go to the eldest son but I'm not sure how traditional the Matthews really are.

Hopefully, it will be a long wait for the answers. James' paternal grandmother lived to be well over 100, so her son might have some good longevity genes.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I was afraid that Philippa would wear one of those daily monstrosities we can see in "Say Yes To The Dress". You know, where staff and family almost faint in total awe when a huge bride presses herself in a skinny strapless dress, so that all the blubber flaps out...

Everything which is so not-SYTTD is already a winner! Yesterday's dress was restraint en because of that it very refined and stylish.
You mean something that a Kardashian would wear? The stuffed sausage look? They show all they've got because it's all they've got to offer. Nothing more.

Seeing as this bunch is on the complete opposite spectrum as that ilk, we got to see a stunning gown that fit beautifully (the tailoring was spot on) and was pure class from head to toe. Luckily we have lovely people to provide balance from the tacky trashy world of the SYTTD crowd. Which sadly seems to be here to stay.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wish we could see photos from the evening , the dresses and the decoration inside the glass conservatory.
The cake, etc......
Old 05-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh, I agree. The lord of glen affric nonsense is annoying. Eden Rock is a much better "prize" to inherit, it will be interesting to see how the property gets distributed amongst the next generation. Traditionally, the lion's share would go to the eldest son but I'm not sure how traditional the Matthews really are.

Hopefully, it will be a long wait for the answers. James' paternal grandmother lived to be well over 100, so her son might have some good longevity genes.

If you were talking a traditional estate like Duke of.....you'd be right.

But it's pretty customary to leave your kids equal shares now a days. Heck there have been plenty of law suits when younger kids think they don't get their equal share.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I wish we could see photos from the evening , the dresses and the decoration inside the glass conservatory.
The cake, etc......

Me too.

But supposedly Pippa and James banned all phones, so I don't imagine we will.

(Although The Sun claims Meghan Markle wore a long black dress to the evening party. But I don't see how they'd know, unless one of the other guests told them).
Old 05-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Nobility

Slight correction from my last post in the previous thread: Of course the reception after the wedding was on the Englefield property, and the evening celebration was in the glass structure on the Middleton's Buckleberry estate.

Pippa and James were right to ban all phones. Although I wanted to see Meghan, I'm so glad she and Harry decided Meghan would not show at the church ceremony. It makes sense. I figured that out myself on the day. Good that the paps and their screeching headlines were foiled!

All the reprehensible Sun got was a shot of Meghan and Harry arriving to the evening celebration by car. Through the glare of the windshield, we could see that Harry and Meghan had happy, anticipatory looks on their faces, eager to share good times with family and friends. It was Pippa's day, and that's how it should have been and was always meant to be.

The worse and more ridiculous the media acts, the more and more the young royals will pull back. Get used to it. Already, we do not see as much of Prince George and Princess Charlotte as we saw of William and Harry when they were young.

Anyway though, Pippa Middleton is a private citizen and the public has no right to see anything at her wedding reception. The way the paps acted at the Inskip wedding likely ratcheted up security protection for Pippa's wedding, with the strictly imposed no-fly zones over the Englefield property and the Buckleberry estate for the duration of the events. It is possible that Pippa could decide to show something much later from the reception to Hello magazine. It's her choice. The way the press acts though, I'd be less inclined. Pippa doesn't need the press, and she's not going to be too involved in royal life (aside from connection with her sister), which means she gets to have the best of both worlds.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Reading this thread posters wanting to know more about the wedding hanging on to a grainy photo yet saying how terrible the media is for trying to get photos.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Reading this thread posters wanting to know more about the wedding hanging on to a grainy photo yet saying how terrible the media is for trying to get photos.
If the Middleton/Matthews families wanted to share some photos of the receptions, I'd be happy to see what everything looked like. I don't think they will, just saying "if."
I don't want paparazzi photos of events on private property. It is intrusive.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

The way the paps acted at the Inskip wedding likely ratcheted up security protection for Pippa's wedding, with the strictly imposed no-fly zones over the Englefield property and the Buckleberry estate for the duration of the events.
The no fly zone may have had more to do with national security since the 2nd-5th heirs were there. I doubt the Middletons or Matthews have that kind of power.