The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Nobility

U.S. cable news station MSNBC ran the Pippa wedding. It reported that Harry took Meghan into the reception. Still would like to see some pictures.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well...like all weddings...the big day has come and gone. I'm sure everyone involved in putting the whole wedding together is relieved it's all over. I know William and Catherine and all the other parents are happy the kids behaved themselves.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-20-2017, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
U.S. cable news station MSNBC ran the Pippa wedding. It reported that Harry took Meghan into the reception. Still would like to see some pictures.

This is a terrible picture, but it's all I could find.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/360836...leton-wedding/
Old 05-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
This is a terrible picture, but it's all I could find.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/360836...leton-wedding/
Finally, maybe folks will calm down and realize everything is okay and she was there at the reception.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-20-2017, 09:09 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know who the cheeky little pageboy who flipped the "V sign" at the cameras was?
Old 05-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Nobility

Do we know why Eugenie was there but not Beatrice?
Old 05-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
Bea probably couldn't make it. She travels between London and New York.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-20-2017, 10:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
I think Eugenie knows that crowd better than Beatrice. Part of Eugenie's time at Marlborough college overlapped with James Middleton. She is friends with Charlie Gilkes and worked for his brother for years, the Midds are close friends to Charlie - he was their guest at the jubilee flotilla, and the whole Middleton family was invited to his wedding including Michael and Carole.

Also, Pippa and Eugenie have both attended charity events for the late Mike Frost, who seems was a mutual friend. And Eugenie used to be romantically linked to Hugo Taylor, he is best friends with Spencer Matthews.

So I think all their mutual people has led to them crossing paths a lot and apparently a friendship has blossomed. I don't think they run into Beatrice as often but they might be friends with her too. Maybe she attended the after party? Who knows.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another thing, I don't like the little boys outfits. It looks like they are in a bad children's play. The girls dresses are much better.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-20-2017, 10:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Finally, maybe folks will calm down and realize everything is okay and she was there at the reception.
Yes... the long national nightmare is over. A MM sighting. <eyeroll>

Hope they all have a wonderful time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Old 05-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I love Pippa's dress. I love it more than Kate's wedding dress. Congrats to the couple and their families!
Old 05-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I love Pippa's dress. I love it more than Kate's wedding dress. Congrats to the couple and their families!
I feel the same way. Beautiful dress. Loved all the lace. It must have been very impressive in person.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Majesty

I agree. Pippa had a beautiful dress, the lace and detail much finer. And her styling as well.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Aristocracy

I thought Pippa looked just smashing. I liked every detail -- her dainty little tiara and hair ornament, the lovely hair updo, the spectacular dress, everything. There was something about the cut of her dress and her hair style that evoked the 1930's. I also saw it in Kate's dress, which Katharine Hepburn could have worn in The Philadelphia Story. All in all, it was a beautifully styled wedding.

Pippa's waist looked unbelievably tiny!
Old 05-21-2017, 12:03 AM
Majesty

I thought Pippa really hit the nail on the head and got everything right. Her dress with its chapel train was stunning as was her gorgeous full-length veil complete with blusher. I loved all the little crystals scattered over it and the clip(s) attaching her veil matched her little tiara or aigrette. Her earrings from Catherine's wedding complimented the ensemble perfectly.

All in all, I think Pippa's entire wedding ensemble looked far more bridal than Catherines.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope they danced, drank, and ate lots of cake. For the newlyweds...the party is only getting started!

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-21-2017, 12:24 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: A Wedding for the Weekend: Pippa Middleton Gets Married

I love Pippa's dress. Its absolutely stunning. I love the lace and the style. The back of the dress and veil are also beautiful. Pippa looked wonderful. A mesmerizing gown.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Loved the fact that a tiara was made for Pippa. I think all ladies should have a tiara.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Nobility

I love this photo
http://i.f1g.fr/media/ext/1900x1900/...ws-photo-8.jpg
Old 05-21-2017, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is plain and nothing impressive or memorable, I'm surprised so many react like its anything special. Pippa herself looked pretty and happy.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012