Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say it's more acknowledging that everyone deserves to feel beautiful on their special occasions and that it's quite unkind for people to remark negatively on the appearance of brides, particularly when it involves body shaming. It contributes to the things that make many people feel bad about themselves.

I will always stand by that as to how people should behave.

If a bride baby person etc. does not look attractive to my eye I am not going to lie and say they do. If you want to play that game feel free to do so.

Does anyone have a shot of Pippa's hair from the back. I can't get a good look at it but it appears messy like it was a rush job, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not seeing it clearly.

If you are speaking of my mention of grandparents, I was referring to the Middletons being Prince George's grandparents. Obviously, he has the Queen and Prince Philip too as great-grands, at least for a while, but the Middleton grands are younger. And then there's Grandad Charles, and step-grandmom Camilla, whom I almost forgot about. ;)
No, I meant Jame's grandparents and Pippa's grandparents!:flowers:

I think these two are some of the sweetest photos of the day. Dad looking at his little girl and knowing he isn't her main man and special hero anymore and that's official after he walks her up the aisle.

Look at Dad's face:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...fe5Cx7PHZvwoYOosMat_4jKvVuUicOYrnQiDsCCSxyMfA

And Pippa's:

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/106/590x/secondary/Pippa-941657.jpg
``tent/uploads/2017/05/Pippa-Wedding-Arrival-with-Michael-Middleton-Outside-Church-May-20-2017-Splash-800-x-800.jpg[/url]

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ichael-Middleton-Back-May-20-2017-Splash-.jpg

I don't think Micheal got a lot of such opportunities both in the weeks before the wedding and when he walked Catherine up the aisle. He was probably too tense and didn't want to make any mistakes in front of the world. Either way, I think he thought they were both marrying the men they loved.

Oh the tabloids won't let go of it. Why do you think they insist on keeping up with the future lord of glen affric narrative? They continue to say Pippa will be lady one day. Emphasizing as eldest son, perhaps hoping people will over look or not know its not a traditional style.

James may very well be. Or his sister, or Spencer. Or his father may sell the estate and split the money between his kids. The title is tied to the land. Honestly if I was James, I'd want Eden rock instead (family has three estates and three kids, so each could get one, the third being the actual family home). Glen isn't very profitable it seems. Eden is, and he and Pippa love going there on vacation.

No one knows what will happen to that title until both parents die. As no need for dowager, the widow should still be legal owner if her husband dies first.

Pippa may not have married a title, but she married real money. And modern times that is far more practical. Some so called titles have little more than the title.
Clearly this wedding shows the power of modern capital! I am awe struck by the various Matthews properties, imagine having to choose between the romantic Scots castle and the cool Caribbean resort!:ohmy: But which is the third...do tell, so I can go into that room of Bluebeard's castle!:lol:

Clearly this wedding shows the power of modern capital! I am awe struck by the various Matthews properties, imagine having to choose between the romantic Scots castle and the cool Caribbean resort!:ohmy: But which is the third...do tell, so I can go into that room of Bluebeard's castle!:lol:

Caunton manor in Nottingham. Unlike Eden and Glen, it is private. It is their family residence where the kids were raised, when not on holiday at Eden.

I believe it is this

Reynolds Hole and how he fell in love with roses

Sorry old photo. There are two manors in the area, but this is the one referred to as Caunton manor. It is on 30 acre estate.

So apparently the press was wrong about Spencer Matthews being the best man. After countless articles saying he was now it turns out that some guy named Justin Johanssen was the best man. Someone needs to post the wedding program online somewhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Matthews-s-best-man-Pippa-Middleton-dog.html

Probably they only thing the press got right was the couple and location of the wedding

Last edited:
I think it belongs in this thread

Kate made a sketch of the church were they married. James and Pippa had it printed on their order of service for their wedding. James thanked kate in his weddingspeech. Sweet. (there is a somewhat blurry pic in the link below. looks real good)

Story https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...er-of-service/

Clear picture tnx to user hel

Someone took a picture for Instagram that shows the drawing much more clearly:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/ibmgxl.jpg

Nice drawing indeed. Better than what I could do.

Thanks for this full video. Now I can see that Prince George really wasn't acting up that much. It was one of the other boys flinging his basket around that got Georgie a little excited and he started doing the same, and Kate quickly stopped him and then ushered the kids over to the vehicle.

Unless the pictures of Kate scolding Prince George further were taken by the side of the vehicle when they were out of camera shot from the video's angle. Anyway, George is barely four years old, and a little restless excitement is to be expected. Prince William at age four was much more of a cut-up pulling faces inside the church at Fergie's wedding in his sailor suit and hat. :D

Prince George and Princess Charlotte were very sweet. Even at age two, Princess Charlotte looks to be a delightful, self-possessed young lady. Oh boy, prayers for George when he grows up and the girls and the media start in after him. At least he's got grounded parents and grandparents to guide him safely...

DM says that George stepped on Pippa's train and got a royal scolding for that.
George and Charlotte trampled on Pippa Middleton's dress | Daily Mail Online

I think with children that small you have to tell them on the spot what is wrong and not wait until later.

I think these two are some of the sweetest photos of the day. Dad looking at his little girl and knowing he isn't her main man and special hero anymore and that's official after he walks her up the aisle.

Look at Dad's face:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...fe5Cx7PHZvwoYOosMat_4jKvVuUicOYrnQiDsCCSxyMfA

And Pippa's:

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/106/590x/secondary/Pippa-941657.jpg
``tent/uploads/2017/05/Pippa-Wedding-Arrival-with-Michael-Middleton-Outside-Church-May-20-2017-Splash-800-x-800.jpg[/url]

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...ichael-Middleton-Back-May-20-2017-Splash-.jpg

I don't think Micheal got a lot of such opportunities both in the weeks before the wedding and when he walked Catherine up the aisle. He was probably too tense and didn't want to make any mistakes in front of the world. Either way, I think he thought they were both marrying the men they loved.

I think there's a certain nostalgia that hits every father of the bride when he's at the point of walking "Daddy's Little Girl" up the aisle. One of the most precious memories I have of my Dad was looking at him right before we started that walk and noticing he was near to tears.

Every father of the bride too probably bolts to his den a lot during the planning stages and leaves it up to the women in the family to iron out the details and it becomes a big blur to them. The reality hits as he faces the walk to the aisle with the woman he's loved and nurtured and kissed hurts and bruises. I'd also not be surprised if it suddenly hit Michael that it wasn't that long ago that the bride heading up the aisle was his own Carole and wondered just where did the time go as it seemed like yesterday.

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Why didn't Beatrice attend? Could it be she wasn't invited? Maybe only Jack was invited and brought Eugenie as his +1?

Anyone know the scoop?

Some sources were originally mis-identifying Eugenie's photo as Beatrice.

Is there any truth to the rumors that the Yorks and Middletons dislike each other?

I thought Eugenie was engaged to Jack? No?

Wasn't Beatrice just at a garden party at Buckingham? Surely she could have stayed a few more days?

Princesse Beatrice was in Cannes with her mother Sarah Duchess of York, they were pictured attending the charity event organised by Naomi Campbell : "Fashion for Relief" on Sunday 21st

Late to the party but Pippa Middleton was beyond stunning as a bride, just as I knew she would be. She hit ALL the notes...gown, veil, hair and makeup. Just gorgeous. She is on my list of top non-Royal brides along with Chelsea Clinton and Ivanka Trump.

The little attendants were so sweet, and it was adorable the way Kate was shepherding them and attending her sister the bride all at once. Kate was very smart to pay special close attention to little Charlotte, who I thought at first would be too young to participate. Maybe if it had been Westminster Abbey or St Paul's it would have been too overwhelming a walk for her, but the small intimate setting of the parish church of St. Mark's let her know that Mummy was in sight at all times. Perfect.;)

I was glad to see Kate where her hair up but I was surprised at how much I didn't like her outfit. She and Kate Burton seem to be a perfect match but not this time.:sad: It looked like an old lady dress even though the color was nice.

All in all it seemed to be a perfect English springtime wedding, complete with rain!:p

Last edited:
what a pretty wedding! pippa looked lovely in her dress and hairdo, and kate looked her usual magnificent self. i loved her dress! initially i thought it was by beulah, who seem to favour those sleeve cuffs, but nice to see kate going back to alexander mcqueen for these big occasions. it was very much in kate's style, but it is one that suits her beautifully.

so sweet to hear kate did a painting of the church for the wedding invitation / wedding program. was kate an unofficial (or even official) maid of honour? i saw her standing behind pippa, fixing her dress and even taking care of the kids, which are usually maid of honour tasks, although since kate is married, maybe they didn't designate her as such although she still performed the 'duties'.

i wonder what the party was like afterwards at the middleton's house... did pippa and james leave on their honeymoon?

Last edited:
. was kate an unofficial (or even official) maid of honour?

.. did pippa and james leave on their honeymoon?

1) I'd like to know that also. She sure seemed to be doing matron of honor stuff.
2) There are photos of James & Pippa at LAX airport The press says they are on their way to Tahiti I think.

I think it was unofficial.
Her clothing seemed chosen to coordinate, but was not typical of an attendant.

I truly don't understand the need to insult one type of person in order to compliment another, particularly the body shaming in the original post. All brides look beautiful on their wedding days.
Sorry, I don't believe that noticing someone squeezed into clothing 2 sizes too small is body shaming. Nor is it insulting them. If they are wearing something that doesn't fit and they are hanging out because there is only so much fabric on a garment, then that's just a fact. And all body types apply. Not just one type of person.

That is what I was responding to in the post about SYTTD. And apologies for saying that described the Ks. I hope everyone can forgive me for thinking they, and others, wear clothes that don't fit. And appreciating people who prefer clothing that does.

Pippa's wedding was beautiful. I was shocked by her dress, but in a very good way, she looked just wonderful. The little bridesmaids and page boys were so cute and the flowers were stunning. I thought the whole thing was very well done. Congrats to James and Pippa.

No they don't, thats a big batch of PC crap.
As for Kim Kardashian, her wedding dress for her 2nd wedding was beautiful and she looked more beautiful than Pippa IMO, even in a strapless gown. Bringing up Kim to prop up Pippa is a low blow.
And strapless gowns can look very beautiful when worn the right way.
"Bringing up Kim to prop up Pippa is a low blow. "

To be clear, I didn't bring up Kim personally in my post. Just provided a comparison of a known family's choice of attire trends to a description of a tv show about bridal dress shopping. Some people may not know the show. Apologies if it was inaccurate or inappropriate.

I feel certain that Pippa does NOT need propping up. She and her husband and their friends/family were so beautiful and so happy. She doesn't care what I think, even though it's extremely positive. Nor should she. Girl's got her fabulous life to go enjoy!

If I upset anyone, it was not my intention and I sincerely apologize. Especially if prevented anyone from enjoying the thread. [emoji32]

Sorry, I don't believe that noticing someone squeezed into clothing 2 sizes too small is body shaming. Nor is it insulting them. If they are wearing something that doesn't fit and they are hanging out because there is only so much fabric on a garment, then that's just a fact. And all body types apply. Not just one type of person.

That is what I was responding to in the post about SYTTD. And apologies for saying that described the Ks. I hope everyone can forgive me for thinking they, and others, wear clothes that don't fit. And appreciating people who prefer clothing that does.

You're aware that bridal shops generally only stock one or two sizes of each dress, right? So when you go in, if you're way smaller than the sample size, they do a bunch of pinning. And if you're larger, then it looks like you're stuffed into the dress. You have to order your dress without knowing exactly what it'll look like once you're wearing one in your size.

Contrast that with Pippa, who has the resources to meet with the dress designer in her home, collaborate on exactly what she wants, and have a custom, one of a kind piece designed for her proportions and then expertly fit exactly to her.

Of course it bore no resemblance to SYTTD.

Ok to be fair--on SYTTD, everyone is trying on sample sizes, not the size they would wear so on some the dresses will be too big, on some too small and on a few just right. Criticism is unwarranted.

Last edited:
You're aware that bridal shops generally only stock one or two sizes of each dress, right? So when you go in, if you're way smaller than the sample size, they do a bunch of pinning. And if you're larger, then it looks like you're stuffed into the dress. You have to order your dress without knowing exactly what it'll look like once you're wearing one in your size.

Contrast that with Pippa, who has the resources to meet with the dress designer in her home, collaborate on exactly what she wants, and have a custom, one of a kind piece designed for her proportions and then expertly fit exactly to her.

Of course it bore no resemblance to SYTTD.
Actually I'm not and I thank you for the information.

Cmon, it's on closed off road on a private estate going a short distance at a slow speed

Cmon, it's on closed off road on a private estate going a short distance at a slow speed

ITA. I know that accidents can happen at any time at any speed, etc etc, but I think the kids were safe. Heck, my 2 older siblings & I were born in the late 60s-early 70s and we clambered all over the car. My younger brother, born in 1984, was the only one to have a proper car seat.

Yeah when I was growing up it wasn't till I was a teen that the seat belt thing because an issue.

LaRae

We all should have seat belts on when we are in a moving car no matter where or what speed. Yes in the old days we didn't have seatbelts thank god those days are gone

Back
Top Bottom