The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

I really love Pippa's dress. It fits her perfectly and all the details are perfect. It's very much the kind of style I'd pictured her wearing.

Kate looks fantastic, too. That colour is really flattering on her and I love when she wears her hair up. She's got a very elegant profile which is shown to its best effect with the sort of hairstyle she's wearing today.

I loved seeing George and Charlotte. George is starting to look more like a "big kid" and Charlotte is precious. Kate did a great job of wrangling those kids! :) I like the part in the video where the groom attempts to stop a bunch of excited children from moving onto the road by putting up his hand and saying stop. Because that will work!

As to why Meghan wasn't there, I don't imagine too many people care except for media outlets like The Daily Mail who have stopped even pretending to be actual news sources at this point. Maybe Meghan had long standing plans and couldn't attend. Maybe the church ceremony was strictly limited to family and close friends and their spouses/long term partners. Maybe Harry thought it was best she didn't go, for whatever reason. Maybe they aren't at the point in their relationship where they think setting off a "oh my god she was at the wedding ceremony!!!" media frenzy is worth it. Who knows.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Majesty

The relationship between Prince Harry and Ms Markle can end. Exactly like the relationship between today's bridal couple was once ended as well. So it is not that unthinkable. I think it is a wise approach to do things first: an official engagement = included in guestlists.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
No idea why you think that...generally they do not speak to the media. Certainly not about something like this.

LaRae
That is true. For all of these years I have never seen them speaking to the media. I think that is smart on their part. You don't hear about them in the papers even though their daughter is married to a bona fide prince. That is a good thing.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And it is also possible that Meghan and Harry decided that Meghan wouldn't attend the ceremony because that is where photographers would be to get photos and they didn't want to upstage the bride and groom. We just don't know.
I agree that this could have been Meghan and Harry's choice to have her skip the ceremony.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

Prefer Pippa to Kate as a bride and it's mainly down to the hair. Kate's loose curls unravelled quickly on the day and by the time she left the abbey her hair was very untidy looking. If Kate had the same hairdo on her wedding day that she had today it would have made a big difference.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Courtier

Thank you Royal Forum members for all of those lovely pictures of Pippa's wedding and sharing them with all of us. Ya'll have never disapponted me after all these years as a Royal Forum member. There are so many pictures it will take me days just to see them all and I will look at as many as I can. Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Prefer Pippa to Kate as a bride and it's mainly down to the hair. Kate's loose curls unravelled quickly on the day and by the time she left the abbey her hair was very untidy looking. If Kate had the same hairdo on her wedding day that she had today it would have made a big difference.

Pippa had to wear her hair up to show the back of the dress.
If not for that, she may have made a different choice.

Kate had no restrictions.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The relationship between Prince Harry and Ms Markle can end. Exactly like the relationship between today's bridal couple was once ended as well. So it is not that unthinkable. I think it is a wise approach to do things first: an official engagement = included in guestlists.
However, a number of other couples that attended do not have an official engagement--that was fake news, the whole no ring, no bring story

I thought the wedding (what we saw anyway) was lovely. Pippa was a beautiful bride, as it should be, and no one was inappropriately attired.
I thought Pippa's hair accessory looked more like a wedding hairband than a tiara. Someone said it was diamonds, but I thought it looked like pearls--but can't find a good enough photo.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Yes but other non-engaged couples are unknowns while here it is about a possible future member of the British royal family. After all these divorces and seen the brothers' close friends Lady Melissa Percy and Thomas van Straubenzee already divorced before the wedding-photo's were glued in the albums, one can not be cautious enough, with the vultures of the Daily Fake Mail in mind.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Duc, I wouldn't call Princess Eugenie and Lady Gabriella Windsor "unknowns."
Old 05-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thin gold wedding band, I think. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...5298407962.jpg

He has one, too, could not find a pic big enough to see beyond that there was a band.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, Meghan has been dating Harry less than a year, long distance, and there's no evidence she ever met the bride or the groom. Why would her absence from the ceremony be a "bit off", when you described it as having "a certain warmth and closeness about it". You can't equate her with Jack Brooksbank - a partner of 7 years, Donna Air -a partner of 4 years, and Lady Gabriella Windsor - a partner of 3 years.

As for "At least Meghan can still enjoy the wedding reception", she wasn't at the reception apparently, but she may still attend the evening party which will include a wider net of social acquaintances. If she there, lovely. If she's not, lovely. I doubt Meghan is upset because she didn't get to see two strangers get hitched.

Well, I thought it had a warming atmosphere to it because of the way the guests reacted with each other in the photos, and the whole feel of the wedding seemed cosy. I think I can to have that opinion in addition to being curious as to why Meghan wasn't invited because I am observing based on what I am seeing.

Yes, I'm aware this thread isn't about Meghan and I'll stop here because I don't want to get into anymore debates since I like light-hearted comments. Most of my posts are meant to be general comments and thoughts I have about the events.

Well, that comment about Meghan being at the reception was meant to be, again, a simple light-hearted one and as I was busy at the time, I did not catch the full story.

We'll just have to respectfully hold different opinions on this matter, I think.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-20-2017, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful! Gown was lovely, and Pippa was exquisite. Father and daughter were so sweet. Glad they were able to have a normal wedding this time round.

Love Pippa's choice of color scheme. I just know the glass pavilion with the Cherry Blossoms is going to be amazing. From top-to-toe: perfection. Well done, Pippa and James! A good life to you both!

:

P.S. Now for the patter of little feet.....

P.P.S. And a warm nod to the classy Middletons. Pitch perfect. 'Not a step wrong' as they negotiate their private selves with their public prominence due to connections. They do it well.

P.P.S. I also think Pippa has chosen her husband well. He seems like such a good, agreeable, warm-hearted man.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Erm, well, I thought it had a warming atmosphere to it because of the way the guests reacted with each other in the photos, and the whole feel of the wedding seemed cosy. I think I'm allowed to have that opinion in addition to being curious as to why Meghan wasn't invited.

Yes, I'm aware this thread isn't about Meghan and I'll stop here because I don't want to get into anymore debates since I like light-hearted comments. Most of my posts are meant to be general comments and thoughts I have about the events.

Well, that comment about Meghan being at the reception was meant to be, again, a simple light-hearted one and as I was busy at the time, I did not catch the full story.

I hope I can continue to discuss the wedding civilly. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Sure, of course we are all allowed to be curious about things. We are also all allowed to try to provide answers to help dispel any posed curiosity.

Enjoy the discussion.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
Wedding Arrivals-
Home - ITNSource News

Wedding Departures:
Princess Charlotte made sure she did her job and threw her flower petals out too. She tried to let her mother know she had a job to do, lol.
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...EPART%20CHURCH

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Duc, I wouldn't call Princess Eugenie and Lady Gabriella Windsor "unknowns."
I challenge you to take a picture of Lady Gabriella and Princess Eugenie and go to High Street in Hull, Nottingham, Sheffield, Glasgow, Cardiff, whatever and ask the people: "Do you know these persons?"

Old 05-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Phipps looked lovely loved everything about her wedding dress
Old 05-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
P.P.S. And a warm nod to the classy Middletons. Pitch perfect. 'Not a step wrong' as they negotiate their private selves with their public prominence due to connections. They do it well
Classy indeed. Through all these fake stories about their daughter's wedding, they never said a word. They didn't bother to confirm or deny anything, not even that ridiculous "horse and carriage" mess. I admire them tremendously. They seem to be good people who just want the best for their children.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Agree and haven't they done well with their children! I was awe-struck by the Matthews clan hotel chain; the happy few will now have family and friend owned properties to spend their hard-earned cash in. I only hope that some thought is spared for those who might be less fortunate....jobs, perhaps?
Old 05-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Commoner

Perfectly beautiful wedding and a perfectly beautiful bride. Well done Pipa!