The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
When are they going to run the "Where's the Horse and Carriage" story? The press fabricated that one, too. Somebody better arrive to the evening party in a horse and carriage or the press is going to get ugly about being caught in lies.
And the horses need to be decked out in tartan, accompanied by the fly past!

Reporting on this wedding has been more like a creative writing competition than journalism.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

It looked like a lovely wedding, everyone dress up really nicely, church bells ringing, bridesmaids and pageboys everywhere! Pippa looked stunning in her dress - I really liked it!

As I've always thought - every bride is a princess on her wedding day!

Old 05-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have to agree with you. From the pictures I've seen so far, Kate's dress was in tune with the color scheme for the little ones' attire. Kate matches almost perfectly to Charlotte dress sash and shoes. With mama close by too, Kate can easily keep a good eye on the little ones.
Yes, while without the traditional Matron of Honour attire, Kate took on that role, looking after the little attendants as Pippa did back in 2011 and helping arrange Pippa's dress and veil prior to the walk up the isle.

She's also directly behind Pippa and James as they come out of the church, holding Charlotte by the hand - so possibly accompanied Spencer down the isle or marshalled the eight little ones along with him.

Long hem line for Kate, above the knee for Carole, both echoing the bridal colours.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Courtier

I love Pippa's dress. She looks so pretty. As far as little Philippa Hoyos is concerned she actually is Pippa's god daughter and was named for her. Pippa and Illy Hoyos are close friends and Pippa and Matthew were in Vienna before Christmas. Austrian newspapers published pics of them with Illy and Jakob Hoyos at the traditional Town Hall Christmas Market.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The Daily Fail is just a sad congregration of keyboard-knights led by the High Priestess of Hate, Katie Hopkins.

I so agree. I look at that paper only for pictures of anything that interests me. Most articles are written so badly and the spelling worse than mine that I actually cringe reading. When reporters actually just makes up articles to show hatred or nastiness on someone just to murder their reputation or life in general it is reprehensible. There will always be some that will believe those lies even when proven 100% false. I have always felt that the actual reporters and their editors should be made to pay in court for their offences and punished severely. Reporters would then watch a little closer what they say or slyly write.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

It would be great if articles like the ones published over the past year speculating about the wedding were actually labeled as such--speculation--because that is what a lot of them were, with each "reporter" trying to top the last story. But that won't happen.
And what is worse, lots of people casually read them and take them as the gospel truth, never seeing the real reports. And the made up stories will linger and be quoted years from now.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's wedding and both pregnacies were the same. Pure idle speculation dressed up as 'journalism'

The first rule to know about British tabloids is almost everything is manufactured.

The Daily Mail and The Sun were doing fake news long before it became cool.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you to everyone who posted photos and videos. From what I can see it was a beautiful setting with gorgeous flowers outside the church. Looks like the weather was on their side too. Congratulations to the newlyweds.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Nobility

Apologies if this has already been posted

Royal Children Play as Pippa Leaves the Church

So lovely
Old 05-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Blech that dress is just blah.
Kate looks like a grandma and I don't like when she wears tea cosy fascinators.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Great! It didn't rain as it was forecast! They look wonderful together. Many good and wonderful wishes from Charleston.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you to all those who shared the photos and videos from today's wedding.
The wedding seemed like it as a lovely, family affair and it appeared to have a certain warmth and closeness about it. The only qualm I have is that Meghan wasn't invited to the service, which I thought was a bit 'off' because other guests brought their partners with them. Considering that there's been a lot of interest in Meghan lately, because there's always interest in whoever Harry dates, Pippa and or James chose not to invite her to the service incase Meghan would upstage her. It seems like a petty reason, but it's a possibility. We don't know for sure though; of course. At least Meghan can still enjoy the wedding reception.

The little bridesmaids and page boys are adorable, especially George and Charlotte, of course. George looked quite grown up as a little ring bearer and Charlotte is such a beautiful little girl. She has a certain impish cheek to her, which is adorable. I'm surprised that Pippa's bridesmaids are all quite young, considering that Catherine had Lady Louise and Margarita Armstrong-Jones as well as Eliza and Grace.

I loved Pippa's dress as well, I thought it was very beautiful and I particularly like the lacy, floaty effect it has. The floral decorations were also a really pretty touch.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

And it is also possible that Meghan and Harry decided that Meghan wouldn't attend the ceremony because that is where photographers would be to get photos and they didn't want to upstage the bride and groom. We just don't know.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Apologies if this has already been posted

Royal Children Play as Pippa Leaves the Church

So lovely
Thanks Chips. This video had not been posted before so, thanks.

Don't the kiddies looks beautiful!! Such cuties. (Though I was a bit concerned that one little boy would hit someone the way he was flinging around his basket.) I love Pippa's dress. It's perfect for her athletic frame and the high neck and short sleeves are unusual enough to be different but not over the top. She looks wonderful.

P.S.: I want Pippa's arms but don't want to work hard to get them. Oh well, I'll just keep my flabby ones for now.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And it is also possible that Meghan and Harry decided that Meghan wouldn't attend the ceremony because that is where photographers would be to get photos and they didn't want to upstage the bride and groom. We just don't know.
Yes, that's what I suggested too in the previous post. But I doubt we'll ever know the reason as to why she wasn't invited to the service.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is not about Meghan, and its possible she decided
Herself not to come because too much focus is already on her. Pippa already had to fight being upstaged by her royal sister. Speaking of which Pippa won the day, though I'm not a fan of her dress she looked 10x better than her sister
Just saw a picture of Spencer Matthews and good gracious is he the looked of the family. James' mother is also beautiful.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
Great! It didn't rain as it was forecast! They look wonderful together. Many good and wonderful wishes from Charleston.
Yes, the weather looked to be perfect. I was very happy about that. Meant we got to actually see the bridal party and guests without umbrellas and tents covering up everything. Everybody looked so happy and Pippa and James were beaming in every photo. Storybook wedding, IMO.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Yes, that's what I suggested too in the previous post. But I doubt we'll ever know the reason as to why she wasn't invited to the service.
I'm sorry if I misunderstood. I read your post as saying you thought Meghan was not invited to the ceremony because Pippa thought she would be upstaged by Meghan, rather than Meghan was invited but chose not to attend the ceremony because Meghan didn't want the focus on her (Meghan) instead of Pippa & James.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:22 PM
Courtier

Not really. She's not that close into the family at the moment. I suppose the wedding was for very close family and friends. She's invited to the reception and I would consider that to be a great honor myself. Who knows? She might be close family later this year.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thank you to all those who shared the photos and videos from today's wedding.
The wedding seemed like it as a lovely, family affair and it appeared to have a certain warmth and closeness about it. The only qualm I have is that Meghan wasn't invited to the service, which I thought was a bit 'off' because other guests brought their partners with them. Considering that there's been a lot of interest in Meghan lately, because there's always interest in whoever Harry dates, Pippa and or James chose not to invite her to the service incase Meghan would upstage her. It seems like a petty reason, but it's a possibility. We don't know for sure though; of course. At least Meghan can still enjoy the wedding reception.

The little bridesmaids and page boys are adorable, especially George and Charlotte, of course. George looked quite grown up as a little ring bearer and Charlotte is such a beautiful little girl. She has a certain impish cheek to her, which is adorable. I'm surprised that Pippa's bridesmaids are all quite young, considering that Catherine had Lady Louise and Margarita Armstrong-Jones as well as Eliza and Grace.

I loved Pippa's dress as well, I thought it was very beautiful and I particularly like the lacy, floaty effect it has. The floral decorations were also a really pretty touch.
Well, Meghan has been dating Harry less than a year, long distance, and there's no evidence she ever met the bride or the groom. Why would her absence from the ceremony be a "bit off", when you described it as having "a certain warmth and closeness about it". You can't equate her with Jack Brooksbank - a partner of 7 years, Donna Air -a partner of 4 years, and Lady Gabriella Windsor - a partner of 3 years.

As for "At least Meghan can still enjoy the wedding reception", she wasn't at the reception apparently, but she may still attend the evening party which will include a wider net of social acquaintances. If she there, lovely. If she's not, lovely. I doubt Meghan is upset because she didn't get to see two strangers get hitched.