The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
Look at Harry's expression,(he is looking at camilla) I wonder what the Wale boys think at such occasions?!
How do you know that Harry is looking directly and exactly at Camilla? He could be looking at something in front of her or behind her.

Weren't William and Tom friends at one point? I remember stories of the two of them partying together while William was at Eton. So I imagine that this wedding was as much about a friend of William's getting married as it being his step-brother's wedding.

Old 09-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Courtier

I think Sara's dress is fittingly young and modern. Also, as she is not royal and does not have to follow stricter protocols about what may be appropriate or inappropriate attire for a wedding, she has more liberties in her wedding attire.

I liked the mermaid thing she had going. It isn't for anyone and I probably wouldn't choose it for myself, but it seems to fit in with Sara's personality and her lifestyle. And as it's her day, that's what counts.

Old 09-27-2005, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

"Weren't William and Tom friends at one point? I remember stories of the two of them partying together while William was at Eton. So I imagine that this wedding was as much about a friend of William's getting married as it being his step-brother's wedding"

I'm not sure about William and Tom, but Harry and Tom are friends, after all it was Tom who allegedly introduced Harry to drugs for the first time. They have been known to go out together to some of the clubs/bars in London.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I really love her dress.It's unique and who knew it would have lead to Kate wanting Sara Burton to design her dress.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

At first, I wasn't crazy about the dress. I was thinking "another strapless wedding gown." But over time, I've realized that it is very haute couture and it had to be cut, fitted and worn just right for it to work (Mariah Carey wore a black version of the gown at an event and it wasn't very flattering). While strapless maybe a bit revealing for a country church, I loved how the very modern dress was paired with a traditional veil. The lace veil and the flowers and dragonfly barrette in the hair were my favorite part. The way the veil draped over the shoulders like a shawl somehow made it modestly appropriate for a church wedding.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't mind the strapless, but, it would have been nice if it fit her. It was "haute tight" around her mid section. Notice, Kate, didn't look like a stuffed sausage. This woman did. I remember another one of her creations for the Charles/Camilla wedding, also disgusting.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Why are Tom P.-B. and Sarah treated like royals?

They have practically nothing to do with the Royals.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good question.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Why are Tom P.-B. and Sarah treated like royals?...
Their mother is to be the next Queen Consort of UK, isn't she?
Sincerely yours,
C.O.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah yeah, I'd conveniently forgotten that :-))
Old 07-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

They still makes them, nothing. She is a second wife of the heir, their father is not royal. They have no blood relationship to a royal. And, depending on fate, she may never have that role.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

The important thing imo is that they don't consider themselves as royals. How they are seen by some kind of press and people is a different matter...
Old 07-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

In the past, people who are "nothing" to the crown (children of consorts, for example) have wielded a great deal of influence - and sometimes, been granted titles or helped to marry very well.

I'm thinking of the deLusignan brood, back in the mid 13th century. That's just for starters.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

That (Lusignan) 'reign' didn't go so well as I recall....
Old 07-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

This isn't the 13th century, have you noticed that. Of course, they don't consider themselves royals. They are not. There is nothing in their heritage that would make them royal, except they may be offsping of a "bastard" child of Edward VII. Then, there would be royal blood, if you believed in such things.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Courtier

First time I've been to this thread. I didn't like the wedding dress wrong style for her. Liked the veil and that is about it. I think the PB children will get the attention because of who their mother is married too. Wouldn't they have titles already if it was going to be done? They may not even want them they live in the shadows and seem happy to do that. Unless when Charles becomes King he gives them one but I don't see that going down too well.