Simoneta Gomez-Acebo & José Miguel Fernández Sastrón 1990

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtbcm

Serene Highness
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
Simoneta and José Miguel married in Palma de Maiorca Cathedral on the 12nd of September 1990.
The wedding gown was designad for Christian Dior by Jean Franco-Ferré.
The bride used the tiara that had belonged to Queen Maria Cristina and was used by her mother, Infanta Doña Pilar.

Bride arriving with her father the Duke of Badajoz

The groom with his mother

The Dukes of Badajoz

Brothers of the bride - Bruno, Beltrán and Fernando Gomez-Acebo y Borbón

Infanta Doña Pilar and her eldest son, Juan

The groom saluting Queen Sofia

Kings of Spain with Infanta Cristina and Infanta Elena

Prince Felipe

Princes of Preslav

Dukes of Calabria and their daughters María and Inés

Princess Beatriz of Orleáns with daughter Clotilde

Bride and Groom

The Couple with the Kings of Spain and Duchess of Barcelona (grandmother of the bride)

Bride talking with her uncle, the King of Spain

Family photo (1 and 2 - too big for my scanner, I'm afraid :eek: )

A glowing bride

(All these photos was scanned from Hola magazine and posted here through and Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting)

Regards and I hope you enjoy them.

Thank you for another superb album, mtbcm! :)
This was the first wedding of a member of the Spanish Royal Family in many years and they did it for nothing less than 1000 guests!...

Just for those who might not be familiar with the couple, King Juan Carlos' eldest niece and her husband have three children: Luis Juan, Pablo and María de las Mercedes.

Sadly Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo's father Don Luis Gomez-Acebo died the following year after a battle with lymphatic cancer .

Doña Simoneta's wedding tiara was later sold (?) back to King Juan Carlos and worn both by Queen Sofía and Queen Letizia, who still wears it today. That gives me hope that other pieces from Infanta Pilar's estate such as her Orléans sapphire tiara might also find their way back into the main line of the Spanish Royal Family. I am not sure, however, if King Felipe VI puts as much emphasis on acquring family heirlooms as his father.

Doña Simoneta's wedding tiara was later sold (?) back to King Juan Carlos and worn both by Queen Sofía and Queen Letizia, who still wears it today. That gives me hope that other pieces from Infanta Pilar's estate such as her Orléans sapphire tiara might also find their way back into the main line of the Spanish Royal Family. I am not sure, however, if King Felipe VI puts as much emphasis on acquring family heirlooms as his father.

Actually i believe the tiara belonged to the Countess of Barcelona until her death and was only loaned to Infanta Pilar and Simoneta.

Actually i believe the tiara belonged to the Countess of Barcelona until her death and was only loaned to Infanta Pilar and Simoneta.

Yes the tiara was owned by The Countess who lent it to Sofia,Pilar and Simoneta. Queen Sofia again wore the tiara in 2006 a couple of years after the death of the Countess .

Back
Top Bottom