The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Shah Reza Pahlavi of Iran - Weddings w/ Fawzia and Soraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I've been searching for threads about the weddings of both Fawzia and Soraya, I take it they don't exist on TRF?
Does anyone have any pictures of the Shah's previous marriages?

Old 09-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Wedding to Soraya

Here are some pics from the Shah's wedding to Soraya. They can be found in the Royal Family of Iran thread.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...iran-6054.html

Old 09-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks much, Zonk!

To borrow from that thread, here's a pic of Soraya in her wedding dress

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1118841065

Soraya's dress was legendary: I read somewhere that it was so heavy that she had trouble walking.

I also remember having seen a picture of Fawzia on her wedding day, somewhere here on the RFs, but I can't for the life of me remember which thread that was!

One thing's for sure: the Shah had a good eye for female beauty, all three of his wives were absolute stunners! Not even sure who topped whom, looks-wise.

Does anyone out here remember which thread the picture of Fawzia in her wedding dress was?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Serene Highness

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...iran-5151.html

Found the answer to my own question: there's also a thread about the Shah's first wife, Fawzia with numerous pictures:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...iran-5151.html
Old 09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

I have many more that I collected from books and magazines, I'll post em up here as soon as I can, however if you look on both Soraya and Fawzia threads you can see that I've already contributed a large amount of exclusive photos.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Malka
I have many more that I collected from books and magazines, I'll post em up here as soon as I can, however if you look on both Soraya and Fawzia threads you can see that I've already contributed a large amount of exclusive photos.
I noticed, they are excellent! Thanks for the effort, I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many TRF constituents when I tell you it's much appreciated!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I noticed, they are excellent! Thanks for the effort, I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many TRF constituents when I tell you it's much appreciated!

You're welcome. I just aquired "Soraya, Queen of Persia" By Walter Krausse which is very hard to come across in an english version, but I was simply glad when I was finally given one. I'm reading through it, it has wonderful photos and a lot of new information, I'll keep you guys up to date with that.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
One thing's for sure: the Shah had a good eye for female beauty, all three of his wives were absolute stunners! Not even sure who topped whom, looks-wise.
In my opinion Fawzia was a beautiful woman who had been rised in traditional environment (educated inside the palace, tell me if I am wrong), Soraya was beautiful and modern woman of her era, she had educated in western country. Just like Soraya,empress Farah Diba also had educated in western country. Farah Diba is not as beautiful as the Shah's two previous wives IMHO, but she has been shown as Shah good partner and loyal specialy when shah in his very difficult time. She also mother of the Shah heir.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Malka
You're welcome. I just aquired "Soraya, Queen of Persia" By Walter Krausse which is very hard to come across in an english version, but I was simply glad when I was finally given one. I'm reading through it, it has wonderful photos and a lot of new information, I'll keep you guys up to date with that.
That would be wonderful!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
In my opinion Fawzia was a beautiful woman who had been rised in traditional environment (educated inside the palace, tell me if I am wrong), Soraya was beautiful and modern woman of her era, she had educated in western country. Just like Soraya,empress Farah Diba also had educated in western country. Farah Diba is not as beautiful as the Shah's two previous wives IMHO, but she has been shown as Shah good partner and loyal specialy when shah in his very difficult time. She also mother of the Shah heir.
You're actually quite right on this: the first two wives were gorgeous, and whereas Farah was perhaps less well-endowed in terms of looks, she made up for it in loyalty. Have to say she's aged beautifully though.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Soraya's dress was legendary: I read somewhere that it was so heavy that she had trouble walking.
thats true the tale of her dresss was scissored so that she could walk with it !! and the designer was Dior Iwonder why hadnt she worn the dress b4, its really something to chop off ur dress in ur wedding.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Arrival of CP Reza to Egypt .. few days before his marriage to Princess Fawzia
Old 10-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought Soraya's dress was way too much and I can't believe a royal wore strapless!And the tiara was too small.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Queen Soraya's Gown
Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

His thrid wife was Farah.Here is her wedding dress:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Empress Farah's Gown

I thought her wedding dress was amazing! I would never wear but,the dress and coat are goregous!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Courtier

İ love the wedding dress from soraya :) have someone more pictures ?