Rafael Medina, Duke of Feria and Laura Vecino, 16 Oct. 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
On saturday Rafael Medina, duke of Feria (grandson of the duchess of Medinaceli) married Laura Vecino at the Talavera palace in Toledo, Spain. Among the guests were Jaime de Marichalar, Carmen Martinez-Bordiu, the Duchess of Alba and Lorenzo Caprille.

Some pictures of the guests in this Hola! article:

La elegancia de los invitados a la boda de Rafael Medina y Laura Vecino

Another gallery: Informativos Telecinco.com - Los invitados a la boda de Rafael Medina y Laura Vecino - Galería de fotos

Duchess of Alba

Eva Herzegovina

Valentino

picture gallery of the pre-wedding party in a club in Madrid: Informativos Telecinco.com - Rafa Medina celebra su 'despedida' - Galería de fotos

---
Does anybody know why there are no images of the bride and groom online yet? Since Nati Abascal (the groom's mother) is working for Hola! I suspect that the next issue will have an exclusive about the wedding.

It is quite unexpected. The wedding appears to be a glitzy glamorous event for the fashion world (Valentino and a host of models). I am little bit taken aback by an abundance of ensembles with short hemlines and off-shoulder dresses. Who else from the noble families besides Duchess of Alba and Don Jaime attended the wedding? Any additional information about new Duchess Feria?

Carmen Martinez-Bordiu was there too. And I guess members of the Medinaceli family, although I coundn't find any of them on the photos. It is likely that princess Maria da Gloria of Brazil (ex wife of the crown prince of Serbia) attended too, since she is married to an uncle of the groom.

The bride is the daughter of Rámon Vecino, a businessman from Bilbao and Laura Acha. She studied or still is studying technical architecture at the university of Navarra. At the moment she is styling director of Mango. And Hola also adds that both her parents come from 'good families' ;). But since Naty works for Hola! it is possible that the bride's background has been polished a bit in the article.

Last edited:
She comes from a good family, she even has noble blood. Right now she works for Mango although she studied architectural techology. She has dated the duke for a long time.

They have sold the exclusive of the wedding to Hola (rumour is that they paid them 1 million euros) and there is still no photo of the wedding dress, the groom or the "godmother".

Apart from the aritocrats you mention I think that attended Hohenloes cousins of the Duke. There was another noble wedding this saturday and I think that most nobles went to that one.

The duke's mother was a famous model and has been the muse of Valentino and de la Renta. So if there is any glamour in this wedding is thanks to her. There was 700 guests, so I hope that the rest of the guests have more class than the ones we've seen.

Also present were Prince Charles-Philippe of Orléans, Duke of Anjou, and his wife, Princess Diana, Duchess of Anjou, Duchess of Cadaval.

Thanks for the information:flowers:
Hopefully we shall see better photos of the other guests in the upcoming HOLA.

I think Laura Vecino looked beautiful at her pre-wedding party. Im so curious to see her in the wedding dress, but we must wait until wednesday.

Her gown is lovely. I am extending an offer to help the rest of them with their fashions...no charge!!!

The wedding gown is an interesting amalgam of the modern (an asymmetrical bodice) and the traditional (a puffy skirt with a train). The material the skirt is made of added a sophisticated touch to the whole ensemble. I dare to presume Signor Valentino is the designer. What tiara did Duchess of Feria wear?
Hopefully we shall more photos of the couple, their parents and guests.

The wedding gown was designed by Giambattista Valli. Naty's (the groom's mother) gown was specially designed by Valentino.

I downloaded the digital version of HOLA from zinio.com just to see this wedding. Goodness, there are so many pages devoted to the before the wedding, the ceremony and reception.

The wedding gown was indeed very beautiful. HOLA shows pictures of the bride adding all the extras to the gown. Basically, it's a strapless mermaid chiffon gown. Then the bride adds the puffy brocade skirt, followed by hooking the assymetric part that goes around her shoulders to the strapless gown. At some point during the reception, the brocade skirt is taken off and you see the mermaid gown.

The groom's attire and his brother Luis came from the groom's company, Scalpers, a men's fashion and accessories line.

The dress looks lovely, and it seems she's wearing a tiara, does any have info on it? I really wish we had a pic of Charles philippe, duke of Anjou and the Duchess of Cadaval they're such a cute couple! (And I have a feeling shes pregnant ;) )

The wedding gown was designed by Giambattista Valli. Naty's (the groom's mother) gown was specially designed by Valentino. ... [snipped]
Thanks for correcting me and providing additional information!:flowers:
Signor Valli is a fine designer, who is known for combining different textures of the same colour material and perfect tailoring. His designs are both simple and sophisticated. It is not surprising that Ms. Vecino entrusted him with creating a wedding gown.

I don´t like many of the ladies outfits, so 50s Mad Men like Genoveva Casanova.
Amanda Hearst is very cute but I don´t think wearing a white dress is apropiate.
The mother´s groom wears a Valentino. I like the cut, but not the colour.
Carolina Herrera Jr. is the best in my opinion.

The dress looks lovely, and it seems she's wearing a tiara, does any have info on it? I really wish we had a pic of Charles philippe, duke of Anjou and the Duchess of Cadaval they're such a cute couple! (And I have a feeling shes pregnant ;) )

The tiara belongs to the ducal Family of Medinaceli and was loaned to the bride esepcielly by the Duchess of Medinaceli who is the grooms grandmother but was to frail to travel to the Wedding.

OMG! He is GORGEOUS!!! What a stunning couple they make. Congratulations to them both!

Thanks for the additional photos!
As expected, the wedding dress was amazing and flattering. Am I correct to assume that the lady in a glittering green-black dress is Nati Abascal?

Thanks for the additional photos!
As expected, the wedding dress was amazing and flattering. Am I correct to assume that the lady in a glittering green-black dress is Nati Abascal?

Yes. Nati is the groom's mother.

The tiara belongs to the ducal Family of Medinaceli and was loaned to the bride esepcielly by the Duchess of Medinaceli who is the grooms grandmother but was to frail to travel to the Wedding.

Thank you very much for the info!:flowers:

Thanks for the picture!
She probably should of worn an up-do with that hat it would of looked better! And she's definitely not pregnant, I presume my guess was wrong then lol.

Laura wore diamante flower-shaped drop earrings and a bracelet that was worn by her mother on her wedding day.

Back
Top Bottom