Princess Nathalie zu S-W-B and Alexander Johannsmann - 27 May 2010, 17-18 June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm 99,9 percent certain that this veil is in one piece!
I completely agree with you. The veil is in one piece :flowers:
The lace panels are a different thing!
Yes, there are the wider and the narrower lace panels, but I can´t remeber who used what for their weddinggown :)

marlene said:
Were Marie and Joachim not invited?

Wouldn't Joachim have to stay in Denmark as regent?

I really must say I have never seen Queen Margrethe and Q AM look so wonderful!
The hair, the jewels, the dresses, the smiles!

Natalie looked lovely, Mary, at her wedding, looked spectacular. She carried the whole look with much more panache.

I like the veil and i love the tiara, sorry to ask but what tiara is that ? I just notice to day for the first time I love it ,much better thatn the one Mary had or nicer! what it is the story behind it? and what Queen ingrid had on her heaid beside the veil iI can not see ehat it is on the top of the head? who is the o ne before Ingrid? and whattiara is she using?
i apoloagize for my ignorance!

Khedive of Egypt. Only the blood related family wears it. Spo, Mary could not.

A glorious bride and beaming groom and family. Nathalie's dress, veil and tiara were splendid. Her husband looks like a younger version of her dad. Great wedding and a glowing newly wed couple.

This was a beautiful wedding and everyone looked so happy. The bride's gown was different, but very pretty. I love how Nathalie wore the Khedive Tiara except the base was showing, oh well. It wasn't the end of the world.:flowers:

Lovely wedding, although it's to bad there were no tiaras for the ladies! I loved the hairstyle and veil placement on Nathalie, if the base of the tiara was covered it would have looked even better but that's okay. I must admit when i first saw those stars I thought "oh no Mabel's got some competition." I really, really loved the flowers outside the church too, very nice. Overall a great wedding, can't wait until they release the photos, maybe some from the reception. :)

Princess Nathalie was a stunning bride.
I loved the slightly retro 1970s look of the gown. The Daisy/star detail added some lively energy to what was otherwise a classic shape. Was the Daisy a nod to one of her second names - Margarete? I enjoyed how the green ball/flowers bounced from Nathalie's bridal bouquet.
I wonder if there were any attendants inside the church; a bridesmaid or best man.
The groom looked really smart.
A happy, relaxed and beautiful couple.

I did miss seeing some of the male relatives of the bride who could not attend. A wedding is so romantic to witness with ones spouse - refreshing and reinforcing.

Last edited:
Ok - here comes the question.
Obviously, the wedding was a white tie event - but none of the femal guests had actually a tiara........?

The bride and groom decide! If you take a look at the partial guest list posted in the wedding forum you'll see a vast number of nobles who could have brought their tiaras. However Nathalie is marrying into a family without tiaras! Or so I believe! :) ! By dropping the tiaras altogether the groom's family and other non-tiara owning guests are not made to feel inferior. Nice touch, if you ask me....

Viv

Even though I was not very fond of parts of Princess Nathalie's dress, she did make a very happy and excited bride and I guess that is all what matters. She couldn't stop smiling and didn't look nervous at all.

I hope we get pictures form inside the church.

Finally something to mirror Mabel's bows.

I'm not a fan of her bridal look. The dress is nice, and I appreciate the history of wearing the family tiara and veil, but the two don't mesh well. It looks disjointed.

TV2 Gossip tells us that when Nathalie arrived at the church it dawned on all of them that she had forgotten the bridal buqouet. So someone had to hurry back to get it.
A joking Nathalie stood in the door of the church for seven minuttes before the flowers were retrieved.

I don't think I even noticed she didn't have a bouquet initially. :lol:

I happened to like CPss Marie Chantal's outfit for the wedding. I'm not sure what Princess Alexia was thinking though.
Photo from Getty Images

Hjælp! Hvor er min brudebuket? | www.bt.dk
A gallery from BT, including the moment when they all realised that the bridal bouquet was missing. - Wonder if the guest inside the church began to sing: "Why are we waiting, oh why are we waiting? Why are we waiting, oh, why, why, why...". (Tune: Come all ye faithful).

The weather was pretty miserable at times it seems.

Khedive of Egypt. Only the blood related family wears it. Spo, Mary could not.

According to Queen Margrethe, she offerred the Khedive to Mary, but Mary asked to wear her own tiara :)

From: http://www.wittgenstein-berleburg.net/presse/english/PM_Inhalte_englisch.pdf

The Wedding Dress
Designer is Henrik Hviid from Denmark.
The dress is made from heavy ivory satin with a silk organza lining. The top in lace is open
necked and long sleeved. From the broad pleated satin belt, the three meter long and two
meter broad train starts. The monograme of the bridlecouple is embroided with pearls and
crystals towards the bottom of the train.

Vail
The vail of irish lace (1905) was a wedding gift for Queen Ingrid’s mother Crown-Princess
Magaret of Sweden. Queen Ingrid wore the same vail for her wedding 1935 followed by her
three daughters, (Queen Magarethe, Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte Princess) as
well as Alexandra Sayn Wittgenstein, Princess Alexia of Greece and Crown-Princess Mary.

Tiara
The tiara from 1904 was a wedding gift for Crown-Princess Magaret of Sweden and was worn
by the three sisters, Queen Anne-Marie, Queen Magarethe and Princess Benedikte and two
grand daughters, Princess Alexandra and Princess Alexia, for each of their wedding.

Daisy is part of Nathalie's names? Is she called that as a nick-name? If so, the daisies on the gown would make more sense.
I believe her aunt, the Queen M, followed through with a daisy motif topper as well.

Daisy is part of Nathalie's names? Is she called that as a nick-name? If so, the daisies on the gown would make more sense.
I believe her aunt, the Queen M, followed through with a daisy motif topper as well.

Her full name is Nathalie Xenia Margareta Benedikte so no Daisy in there

Margareta (Margurite) is Daisy in French.

oh yeah, thats really very beautiful pictures, thanks!

Those pics are a treat! Lovely group photo, the family members must have been asked to wear either blue or dusty pink;).
The picture of Nathalie laughing at Alexander is my favourite, it shows the connection between them.

Margareta (Marguirite) is Daisy in French.

Erm no :) ... Margareta is Swedish for Margaret/Margrethe/Margurite/Margarita etc. etc.

It refers to Nathalies maternal great grandmother and her paternal grand mother, who was Swedish born Magareta Fouch'e d'Otrante.

Viv

Indeed! Have never seen Nathalie look so stunning as in the first black and white picture, no. 3.
The black/white of Nathalie looking to her right is a lot like a photo from her sisters wedding...

EDIT: I can´t find that photo, but I know it´s out there somewhere...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom