Princess Nathalie zu S-W-B and Alexander Johannsmann - 27 May 2010, 17-18 June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Erm no :) ... Margareta is Swedish for Margaret/Margrethe/Margurite/Margarita etc. etc.

It refers to Nathalies maternal great grandmother and her paternal grand mother, who was Swedish born Magareta Fouch'e d'Otrante.

Viv

Um, yes. In Latin the name means "pearl" but in Spanish the name means "Daisy." The names you listed above are variations of the spelling depending on the country/language.

Um, yes. In Latin the name means "pearl" but in Spanish the name means "Daisy." The names you listed above are variations of the spelling depending on the country/language.

Well, I was only mentioning that Margareta was Swedish for Margaret etc.etc. ! I'm not objecting to the 'pet derivate' Daisy. I get the impression that 'Daisy' is mainly used in the Anglophone world, but correct me if I'm wrong :)!

Viv

My favourite: The couple and their baby in the group photo.

I have to say that for someone I never thought of as very attractive --- Nathalie made for one beautiful bride. The photographs are exquisite and she looked absolutely lovely!

Nathalie's gown grows on me, I think it's an elegant and regal design! The lace top is a bit too coarse for my taste and it's underlined by the beigy colour! I'm no expert but it looks like guipure lace, which is often on the coarse side, like something crocheted! Queen Magrethe has often used guipure lace for her less formal gowns, just look at the white top she wearing in Berleburg.
I'm not suggesting that this unusual starry-crochety lace was a gift from QM, but it could be a gift from someone else dear to Nathalie. That's the only reason for including it on the dress IMHO.
Wahtever that lace is, it's not the usual Henrik Hviid style! The A-line and the embroidered details is typical Hviid but not the 'fish net' top!

Viv

Last edited:
I agree - I didn't care for the contrast of beige lace on top and the white/cream of the gown, but overall, she was a beautiful bride and I her dress was beautiful on her.

Can anyone provide a closeup of the bridal couple's monogram that was on the train?

Thanking in advance!

Her full name is Nathalie Xenia Margareta Benedikte so no Daisy in there

She does have the Queen's name in there which is where, I guess, my assumption had come from. Thanks for the facts.

Loved the gown.

Loved the kiss outside the church.

Love the couple.

After seeing the closeup of the dress I really do like it, although if the lace on top was the same color as the rest of the dress it would of looked much nicer, I think the wedding looked nice and overall was a very royal wedding! I just wished we could get one picture of the inside of the church!

Is the gentleman sitting next to the bridal couple on the group pic Alexander´s father? If so, I must say, though also bald, he seems to look much better like his son...
It´s nice to see that also in royal circles it´s not always about the surface but inner qualities seem to count, too. Yet I hope their children inherit their mother´s looks!

what is his job? is his family wealthy?

As a keen sportswoman P Nathalie doesn't seem to be very fashion forward but she looked beautiful. I really like her dress, especially color and cut (gorgeous train). Historic veil and tiara suited her a lot. She looked very regal.
Bride and groom were very happy and relaxed (I suppose that forgotten bouquet could be really stressful for other bride). Nice to see almost complete family. It seems to be nice royal gathering.
All the best to the couple:flowers:

I like P Nathalie's dress. I'm always impressed when a bride can take a very traditional gown style and add a bit of oomph to it with something different --- in this case the heavier lace on bodice and sleeves. She looked very pretty. But then again, I liked Mabel's dress (not so much the big bows on the train) and thought it was very creative. Plus, she looked great.

ITA I love when royal brides adhere to tradition yet go fashion-forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bride and groom decide! If you take a look at the partial guest list posted in the wedding forum you'll see a vast number of nobles who could have brought their tiaras. However Nathalie is marrying into a family without tiaras! Or so I believe! :) ! By dropping the tiaras altogether the groom's family and other non-tiara owning guests are not made to feel inferior. Nice touch, if you ask me....

Viv

Thanks Viv - I understand, also it is a pity that we did not see tiaras - for us tiaraaddicts ;)

Yes, that might be the reason - but why didn´t the ladies wear her orders/decorations? I mean, men without orders would have felt left out comparing the men who put on their orders...

Yes, that might be the reason - but why didn´t the ladies wear her orders/decorations? I mean, men without orders would have felt left out comparing the men who put on their orders...

There where also men who could probably have worn Orders, like some of the german nobles, the Fürst zu Waldeck and Pyrmont wore his tuxedo and no tailcoat. The dresscode was the same at the Wedding of Prince Philipp of Hesse and Laetita bechtolf a few years ago.

I hope there'll be other opportunities for us tiara addicts :flowers::flowers:!

Viv

But we very rare see the tiaras owned by the german royal and noble families so this would have been a perfect occasion. Also at the danish royal Weddings and at the Wedding of Princess Alexandra SWB the families of the partners had no tiaras and still they where worn by the female guests who had one.

But didn't Alexandra marry in Denmark? Perhaps Nathalie asked for the tiaras to be left at home?

When I saw this lace I thought maybe that is tatting having some vague rememberance of it. Thank you Kitty.

Last edited by a moderator:
But didn't Alexandra marry in Denmark? Perhaps Nathalie asked for the tiaras to be left at home?

She did! Someone just reactivated the forum on Alexandra's wedding, where you can still see the pictures. IMO the difference is that Alexandra's wedding was hosted by Queen Ingrid, her ageing grand mother. The event to place in a more 'royal' context if you like and tiaras were to be expected. It's was the last big 'do' Queen Ingrid staged before she died on Danish soil and as usual she was pulling all the stops out!

Viv

But we very rare see the tiaras owned by the german royal and noble families so this would have been a perfect occasion. Also at the danish royal Weddings and at the Wedding of Princess Alexandra SWB the families of the partners had no tiaras and still they where worn by the female guests who had one.

Forgive my ignorance! I always thought that German families with royal and noble roots wore tiaras on these occasions. But maybe it's just the bride - if there is a family heirloom around??

viv

Back
Top Bottom