Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma and Albert Brenninkmeijer; April & June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So nice to see Princess Mabel. It must be a hard day for her celebrating the love of a couple and she will maybe never feel the love of her husband in this way. But it is so nice to see how the family is trying to give her the feeling of "we-will-never-let-you-alone".

It is so very nice, but the queen and Mabel look very sad. The bride looked lovely as did Maxima. The family support iw odnderful.

It is so very nice, but the queen and Mabel look very sad. The bride looked lovely as did Maxima. The family support iw odnderful.

Wonderfull indeed,exceptional almost,but true,the Family is a very very closeknitted one.:)

HM looks sad you think?No,more tired maybe as she just completed a visit to Turkey yesterday.And dear Princess Mabel,yes,wel what can one expect really?But she holds herself admirably,absolutely.

The Bride is a Bride,beautifull and shining,a wonderfull ( looking-) couple indeed!

PPE Agency

ANP Foto

Courtesy PPE & ANP

Last edited:
It is always a pleasure to see the Dutch royals attending events. They come across as close-knit and friendly. The wedding was nice. Princess Maria Carolina looked lovely.

Last edited:
I have to say that I think this is one of my favorite wedding gowns. It's so appropriate for a summer wedding and is very ethereal in look with the long veil, delicate embroidery and floating overskirt on the dress. And I just love the sweetheart neckline with the beautiful embroidered cap sleeves. And her tiara and earrings are just so gorgeous.

I love this wedding! But cant see Mabel without tears in my eyes-(

The bride looks like she aged a lot. I quit like her wedding gown, soft and pretty yet it looks very light and easy to walk in.
Some of the guests look like they're attending a garden party.

I have to say that I think this is one of my favorite wedding gowns. It's so appropriate for a summer wedding and is very ethereal in look with the long veil, delicate embroidery and floating overskirt on the dress. And I just love the sweetheart neckline with the beautiful embroidered cap sleeves. And her tiara and earrings are just so gorgeous.

ITA, this one of the best royal wedding dresses I've seen in a long long time. So appropriate for the time of year and venue yet still "royal" with all the elements that make it royal for me.

I love this picture. It looks like a painting...just lovely.

http://i47.tinypic.com/3492w3m.jpg

Last edited:
A beautiful bride, a wonderful family. Just look at the queen and Mabel holding hands, says it all. Lovely and casual. Prince Wiliam in that awful blue vest. Maybe, to make them smile?

I can see nothing but the sadness in Mabel and Beatrix's eyes... they smile with the mouth not with their eyes....

What a lovely summer wedding!

I usually do not like wedding dresses of less structured and less full style, but this is one beautiful bridal look! I love everything about it, aside from the shoes. The gown was lovely in design and fabric and form and fit. The veil and her hairstyle was beautiful and complimented both the dress and jewels. And the jewellery was stunning and perfectly matched the gown.

I – also - tend to not like color in a wedding bouquet, but this one was lovely – delicate and pretty and designed to suit the gown and jewels. Being ignorant, does anyone know what flowers comprised the bouquet?

It must have been well thought out as there was, to my eye, a seemingly seamless complementation between all of the elements – dress, veil, jewels, flowers, season, attendants, and so on - to create a feminine, delicate, elegant, timeless and yet sophisticated and mature (i.e. not girly) and contemporary feel.

The flower girls also looked adorable with their little baskets.

Does anyone have clear photos of the bodice of the gown, especially showing the detail of the lace and where it separates into the v of the skirt? In those that I have seen the bouquet is obscuring part of it.

What a lovely summer wedding!

I usually do not like wedding dresses of less structured and less full style, but this is one beautiful bridal look! I love everything about it, aside from the shoes. The gown was lovely in design and fabric and form and fit. The veil and her hairstyle was beautiful and complimented both the dress and jewels. And the jewellery was stunning and perfectly matched the gown.

I – also - tend to not like color in a wedding bouquet, but this one was lovely – delicate and pretty and designed to suit the gown and jewels. Being ignorant, does anyone know what flowers comprised the bouquet?

It must have been well thought out as there was, to my eye, a seemingly seamless complementation between all of the elements – dress, veil, jewels, flowers, season, attendants, and so on - to create a feminine, delicate, elegant, timeless and yet sophisticated and mature (i.e. not girly) and contemporary feel.

The flower girls also looked adorable with their little baskets.

Does anyone have clear photos of the bodice of the gown, especially showing the detail of the lace and where it separates into the v of the skirt? In those that I have seen the bouquet is obscuring part of it.

The bouquet consisted mainly of Sweet Peas,the favorite flower of her late grandmother Queen Juliana.It was a lovely and subtile gesture to her memory.:)

:previous: Now that you have mentioned that, I recall reading it somewhere in this thread; thank you for jogging my memory :lol:. It was a sweet sentimental touch.

Thank you Baroness of Books - they show it a little more.

Thanks for your answer.I thought so. Louisa is very young so you can understand this very well :)

And that long sweeping heirloom veil is just gorgeous. Not groundbreaking, true, but the style and all the elements just combine to make this one of the most beautiful royal bridal dresses I've seen in awhile.

She stayed with little Luisa....Baby wasn't well,like babies can..:)

Ah! I figured she didn't attend because little Luisa is still so young and perhaps they decided not to make the journey, well or unwell. But they get sick too. As all parents find out, babies and young children are unpredictable. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom