Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma and Albert Brenninkmeijer; April & June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is what I thought too, a stunning bride in every way but the shoes are not pretty

What a lovely summer wedding!

I usually do not like wedding dresses of less structured and less full style, but this is one beautiful bridal look!
HTML:
 I love everything about it, aside from the shoes.
The gown was lovely in design and fabric and form and fit. The veil and her hairstyle was beautiful and complimented both the dress and jewels. And the jewellery was stunning and perfectly matched the gown.

I – also - tend to not like color in a wedding bouquet, but this one was lovely – delicate and pretty and designed to suit the gown and jewels. Being ignorant, does anyone know what flowers comprised the bouquet?

It must have been well thought out as there was, to my eye, a seemingly seamless complementation between all of the elements – dress, veil, jewels, flowers, season, attendants, and so on - to create a feminine, delicate, elegant, timeless and yet sophisticated and mature (i.e. not girly) and contemporary feel.

The flower girls also looked adorable with their little baskets.

Does anyone have clear photos of the bodice of the gown, especially showing the detail of the lace and where it separates into the v of the skirt? In those that I have seen the bouquet is obscuring part of it.

I really love the bridal tiara ( also the wedding tiara of princess Laurentien).

A really beautiful dress, light as air and all of the lovely lace. Not to mention the jewels. I didn't mind the shoes, thought they had a little retro 40's air which went with the grandmother bouquet and car they came in.
Just wished her hair was done a little differently, it didn't do much for her.
Why Italy?

Awww, Mabel!!! How nice of her to go, it must have been very hard for her, she looks fine but looks a little thin and sad, prayers to her. :)

Sorry, she hardly looks fine. She looks shattered. But, to her credit, she did what was expected to do. She and Beatrix are clinging to one another in photos, not holding hands. Just as they did in Innsbruck.

Perhaps she should have stayed home, no one wants her to look and feel so miserable.

Sorry, she hardly looks fine. She looks shattered. But, to her credit, she did what was expected to do. She and Beatrix are clinging to one another in photos, not holding hands. Just as they did in Innsbruck.

Well, who knows what her options are. She cares for her family and they support her. Maria Carolina is her husband's cousin. SDhe may even be close with her and wanted to be there, but the vision looks different.

The dresses for the bridesmaids were made by Missoni, royalblog claims.

Furthermore, it says that there was some negotiation between the Brenninkmeijers and the Oranjes, so the distant groupphoto was the compromise (the Brenninkmeijers not wanting any publicity).

More info: the grooms witnesses were his broher (Roderick) and sister (Cécile Coke-Brenninkmeijer), and Nicholas de Frankospan, a brother of Lady Nicholas Windsor.

The couple had the
Our Most Holy Redeemer and St Thomas More, a boys choir from the UK, come over to perform at the wedding. The music was:

• Intrede van de bruid: The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (G.F. Händel)
  • Openingslied: Praise to the Holiest in the Height (woorden kardinaal Newman)
  • Kyrie, Alleluia, Ave Maria, Sanctus (uit de mis van F. Schubert)
  • Agnus Dei
  • Tijdens uitreiken communie: Panis Angelicus (C. Franck), Laudate Dominum (W.A. Mozart)
  • Communielied: Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer (woorden van Peter Williams)
  • Domine Fili Unigenite (A.L.Vivaldi)
  • Slotlied: A toi la Gloire (G.F. Händel)
  • Bij verlaten kerk: Hallelujah (G.F. Händel), Toccata (T. Dubois)
The priest who married the couple was Gregory Brenninkmeijer, a cousin of the groom.

The groom was apparently born in France and you pronounce his name the French way. He was educated at a catholic boarding school in the UK so I wonder if he is actually Dutch at all.

After the ceremony the party went to ‘Il Loft’ at the Piazza del Carmine (WA and Máxima both left as the had to travel to Korea/Mexico). In the evening there was a party at Villa Collazzi. Sunday the festiities ended with a brunch.

They had triple security: the Italian state, the Dutch RF and the Brenninkmeijers all provided some security staff.

Rudolf Spoor filmed the ceremony ( for private use), he previously directed the wedding of WA and Máxima.

Last edited:
I was wondering about two noble person's attendance: The Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg (without wife) and The Hereditary Prince of Isenburg ( who was also seen with Carolina at a dutch wedding 2005 or 2006 - PPE has pictures).

Question: Are they related somehow ?

This could be an explanantion, why the Bourbon Parma's attended the Prussian wedding for Queen Beatrix.

The Hereditary Prince of Isenburg
Princess Isabelle of Isenburg (the sister of the Hereditary Prince? and of Sophie, Princess of Prussia) is married to Carl, Prince of Wied. His mother was Princess Guda of Waldeck and Pyrmont, whose great-grandfather was the brother of Queen Emma of the Netherlands. There are probably other connections too.

I was wondering about two noble person's attendance: The Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg (without wife) and The Hereditary Prince of Isenburg ( who was also seen with Carolina at a dutch wedding 2005 or 2006 - PPE has pictures).

This could be an explanantion, why the Bourbon Parma's attended the Prussian wedding for Queen Beatrix.

It was the Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg not -Freudenberg who attended. Can think about a driect relationshiop but 1 of the Prince's sisters is married to Archduke Michael of Austria and she her husband are friends with Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven and attended a few of the van Vollenhoven Weddings.

Margriet and Pieter are also directly friends with the Prince and Princess zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, and if I recall correctly Prince Alois Konstantin is one of the godparents of Prince Maurits.

According to the dutch gossippress Nicolas and Chrissie Eynon are still together.
They are in a long relationship.
Prince Jaime and Paulette van Ommen split up a few months ago

Just saw the new belgian Royalty and they said that Nicolas Guillermo and Chrissie Eynon broke up a few weeks before the wedding of Princess Maria Carolina.
She was supposed to come, but apparently broke up recently.

I envy these royal brides with their access to heirloom lace!

Ignoring the brides choice of shoes, this was certainly a truly beautiful and elegant look, that was very fitting for the couple and full of significance and tradition. If I were to re-do my top ten, if this did not make it, it would come very close.

Nicholas de Frankospan, witness here, was also a witness at the wedding of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Stephanie de Lannoy. The Frankospan family is interesting, all five of the siblings, and their parents as well. Nicholas is married to an English businesswoman, according to material on the web. These people highly educated, often to the Ph.D. level, and Peter Frankospan teaches at Oxford or Cambridge in Byzantine studies.

Back
Top Bottom