The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The bride looks like she aged a lot. I quit like her wedding gown, soft and pretty yet it looks very light and easy to walk in.
Some of the guests look like they're attending a garden party.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I have to say that I think this is one of my favorite wedding gowns. It's so appropriate for a summer wedding and is very ethereal in look with the long veil, delicate embroidery and floating overskirt on the dress. And I just love the sweetheart neckline with the beautiful embroidered cap sleeves. And her tiara and earrings are just so gorgeous.
ITA, this one of the best royal wedding dresses I've seen in a long long time. So appropriate for the time of year and venue yet still "royal" with all the elements that make it royal for me.

I love this picture. It looks like a painting...just lovely.

http://i47.tinypic.com/3492w3m.jpg

Old 06-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Courtier

So beautiful! Very soft, flowy and feminine. Stunning!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.royalpress.nl/categories.php?cat_id=1009

Wedding Princess Carolina de Bourbon de Parme and Albert Brenninkmeijer - Dutch Photo Press
Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

A beautiful bride, a wonderful family. Just look at the queen and Mabel holding hands, says it all. Lovely and casual. Prince Wiliam in that awful blue vest. Maybe, to make them smile?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can see nothing but the sadness in Mabel and Beatrix's eyes... they smile with the mouth not with their eyes....
Old 06-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Nobility

What a lovely summer wedding!

I usually do not like wedding dresses of less structured and less full style, but this is one beautiful bridal look! I love everything about it, aside from the shoes. The gown was lovely in design and fabric and form and fit. The veil and her hairstyle was beautiful and complimented both the dress and jewels. And the jewellery was stunning and perfectly matched the gown.

I – also - tend to not like color in a wedding bouquet, but this one was lovely – delicate and pretty and designed to suit the gown and jewels. Being ignorant, does anyone know what flowers comprised the bouquet?

It must have been well thought out as there was, to my eye, a seemingly seamless complementation between all of the elements – dress, veil, jewels, flowers, season, attendants, and so on - to create a feminine, delicate, elegant, timeless and yet sophisticated and mature (i.e. not girly) and contemporary feel.

The flower girls also looked adorable with their little baskets.

Does anyone have clear photos of the bodice of the gown, especially showing the detail of the lace and where it separates into the v of the skirt? In those that I have seen the bouquet is obscuring part of it.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Take a look at this and this one as well. Click on the photos to zoom in.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessApple View Post
What a lovely summer wedding!

I usually do not like wedding dresses of less structured and less full style, but this is one beautiful bridal look! I love everything about it, aside from the shoes. The gown was lovely in design and fabric and form and fit. The veil and her hairstyle was beautiful and complimented both the dress and jewels. And the jewellery was stunning and perfectly matched the gown.

I – also - tend to not like color in a wedding bouquet, but this one was lovely – delicate and pretty and designed to suit the gown and jewels. Being ignorant, does anyone know what flowers comprised the bouquet?

It must have been well thought out as there was, to my eye, a seemingly seamless complementation between all of the elements – dress, veil, jewels, flowers, season, attendants, and so on - to create a feminine, delicate, elegant, timeless and yet sophisticated and mature (i.e. not girly) and contemporary feel.

The flower girls also looked adorable with their little baskets.

Does anyone have clear photos of the bodice of the gown, especially showing the detail of the lace and where it separates into the v of the skirt? In those that I have seen the bouquet is obscuring part of it.
The bouquet consisted mainly of Sweet Peas,the favorite flower of her late grandmother Queen Juliana.It was a lovely and subtile gesture to her memory.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Nobility

Now that you have mentioned that, I recall reading it somewhere in this thread; thank you for jogging my memory . It was a sweet sentimental touch.

Thank you Baroness of Books - they show it a little more.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Courtier

Why didnīt Annemarie attend?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
I wonder same
Old 06-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
She stayed with little Luisa....Baby wasn't well,like babies can..
Old 06-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Thanks for your answer.I thought so. Louisa is very young so you can understand this very well :)
Old 06-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: Princess Carolina's Wedding

I love her dress! It's not groundbreaking in my eyes but, I love how simple and elegant it is. I also love the veil, it's exquisite!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

And that long sweeping heirloom veil is just gorgeous. Not groundbreaking, true, but the style and all the elements just combine to make this one of the most beautiful royal bridal dresses I've seen in awhile.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Majesty

Video courtesy Mr.Albert Nieboer of PPE Photopress:

Old 06-18-2012, 04:08 AM
Majesty

And some more pics:

ANP Foto

courtesy ANP
Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Tatler.ru - The wedding of Princess Maria Carolina and Mr. Albert Brenninkmeijer

Looking at the close up of the dress, I have to say that Princess Maria Carolina's dress is well-chosen and well-fitted.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
She stayed with little Luisa....Baby wasn't well,like babies can..
Ah! I figured she didn't attend because little Luisa is still so young and perhaps they decided not to make the journey, well or unwell. But they get sick too. As all parents find out, babies and young children are unpredictable.

Tags
bourbon-parma