The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Well, you're either baptized into the Church in Denmark OR if baptized abroad, you become a member if you register a such when moving to Denmark. If A was baptized in Denmark, she's considered a member!

viv
I know that... My father is Pastor Emeritus

Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Nobility

I don't know whether there was a legal wedding as well or not. I am not a expert on German law concerning the approval of getting married in other countries. In Germany it is law that you must have a legal ceremony, only religious ones are not valid. I know that legal ceremonies performed in other countries are also valid but maybe religious weddings are not. So it could be that they also had to get married legally to get marriage approval in Germany...

Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

In DK the religious wedding is legal binding.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
I don't know whether there was a legal wedding as well or not. I am not a expert on German law concerning the approval of getting married in other countries. In Germany it is law that you must have a legal ceremony, only religious ones are not valid. I know that legal ceremonies performed in other countries are also valid but maybe religious weddings are not. So it could be that they also had to get married legally to get marriage approval in Germany...
Not really, as german authorities often recognize the marriage certificate without having it translated. Otherwise you will need an Apostille, which is granted from the danish Foreign office.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
A Danish church wedding will be acknowledged in Germany by means of a translated wedding certificate with an apostille from the Danish Foreign Ministry! Most countries would accept such a document, but there used to be problems with some US states!

Sternchen wrote: quote ....german authorities often recognize the marriage certificate without having it translated. unquote

Maybe you know something about that, and I'll take your word for it!

Viv
Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

There´s a photo from this wedding that I can´t find. It´s a photo of Princess Alexandra on her way down the stairs inside the castle... I think it´s in B/W.

Can someone track that one down? :) :) :)
Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Serene Highness

I wrote to the DRF about this civil wedding and this is the answer from Gustav Grüner, who is private secretary for Pss Benedikte.
Quote:
Den 6. juni 1998 blev Prinsesse Alexandra og Greve Jefferson gift. Brylluppet holdtes på Graasten Slot og vielsen fandt sted i Graasten Slotskirke.

Dagen før - den 5. juni - var parret med flere på Gråsten Rådhus for her at modtage byens gave. Ved denne lejlighed var der ikke tale om en vielse.

Med mange venlige hilsener

Gustav Grüner
TRANSLATION
Quote:
On June the 6th 1998 Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson got married. The wedding was held at Gråsten Castle and the ceremony itself took place in the church at Gråsten Castle.
The day before - June the 5th - was the couple at Gråsten Town Hall to receive the present from the city. At this occasion there was not talk about a ceremony.

Sincerely,
Gustav Grüner
So in short: There was no civil ceremony!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Courtier

That's the spirit, FasterB!

Next job is finding the photo of Pcs. Alexandra in her wedding finery! I vaguely remember it; I believe that you're referring to the "wedding dress shot" taken before the bride is off to the church.
Unfortunately I don't keep the issues of Billed-Blad that far back. There's not enough room in the attic!

Viv
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That's the spirit, FasterB!
Yes, the spirit is "ad fontes"
Quote:
Next job is finding the photo of Pcs. Alexandra in her wedding finery! I vaguely remember it; I believe that you're referring to the "wedding dress shot" taken before the bride is off to the church.
Unfortunately I don't keep the issues of Billed-Blad that far back. There's not enough room in the attic!

Viv
That´s exactly the photo I´m talking about. Pss Alexandra is on her way to the church and she´s walking down the stairs... The more I think about it the more I think it´s in colour, not B/W :)
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Yep, there's nothing like a proper source ....

Viv
Old 07-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's Gown
Old 09-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Majesty

were there no swedish reprenation at this wedding?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Another replica.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...EKJOLER/6.ashx

If you call it a replica.They don't have the double sleeve!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I kinda like her dress! It is very unique and original.I love the sleeves.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Gentry

It's nice that she went with an original dress but, I really dislike it. There's sonething about the design that did not appeal to me.