Prince Manuel of Bavaria & Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from Cover

Attachments

• CAIBWPAR.jpeg
    CAIBWPAR.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,068
  • CAO2W14F.jpeg
    CAO2W14F.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 514
  • CAOL6NWJ.jpeg
    CAOL6NWJ.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 634
  • CAU30LEF.jpeg
    CAU30LEF.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 577
  • CAZ45ZZ4.jpeg
    CAZ45ZZ4.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 785
Translation of the article in point de vue (August 17th,2005)

Manuel of Bavaria and Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein:

YES!
The most important names of the German gotha were present. And the royal family of Sweden. On the 6th of August, in the church of Stigtomta, it was hard to decide on which tiara to focus.

In thirty years the quiet village Bärbo hadn't seen such a party! Not since the wedding of young countess Yvonne Wachtmeister af Johannihus and prince Ludwig-Ferdinand zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. Today it's their eldest daughter, Anna, who's getting married to Manuel of Bavaria, her own prince: a German prince (like her father) with a Spanish name, in memory of one of his ancestors who married a Spanish princess. For the occasion, Anna's grandfather, who organized the party at Naas, his residence - an odd 150 km from Stockholm - had chartered coaches to get the 350 guests to the destination. Among them were the most important names of imperial and royal Germany : Bismarck, Fürstenberg, Hesse, Württemberg... "It's been a whole month we've been preparing and living up to this", count Wachtmeister tells us.

When everybody's found their seat in the high white church of Sigtomta, black limousines stop in front of the church square. The king and queen of Sweden step outof it, with their three children. Carl XVI Gustav wouldn't have missed the wedding of the son of his old friend Leopold, who's like him an amateur of hunting and race cars, and godfather of prince Carl Philip. In front of the church, the fans of the royal family have grouped together and they have an eye for every detail : "Look at princess Madeleine's dress, it's the same one she wore for the wedding of Felipe of Spain" - "I recognize Victoria's, she wore it at the Nobel ceremony in 2000". All of them agree on queen Silvia's elegance, indeed looking luminous in a draped orange silk gown. it helps to forget the rain, irritating but foreseen. Count Wachtmeister made sure to buy a load of umbrellas printed with violets and capuchin flowers.

Then there's the ceremony and the solemn moment when the couple takes their oaths. The mass is being held by protestant priest Johan Dalman, together with a catholic priest in this oecumenic service where the groom is roman catholic and the bride protestant. When they leave the church, the newly weds are covered in rose petals and answer the usual questions with a smile : "I'm relieved - he said yes!" - "On a day like this, the rain can't bother me".

To get to the domaine of Naas, where the evening party will take place, Anna and Manuel stumble into the BMW oldtimer - complete with flashing light and a sign saying "polizei" (police). Which makes a man in the crowd smile : it's the actor Fritz Wepper, inspector Derrick's helper in the classic detective series.

The young generation present is still talking about last night's party, in a decorated barn where the guests had a meal of delicious lobsters. But tonight, the reception is a formal one, which doesn't prevent the married couple from dancing all night. The destination of their honeymoon ? Sshht...secret! All they want to say is that they can't wait to go live in New York, where they met each other 3 years ago. Manuel is preparing his doctorate in biology there and Anna's studying literature. But now, all they care for is to let the magic of the moment last a little longer. Another rock, the last one, and then they sneak out.

Written by: Antoine Michelland and Victor Andersen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunilla & Otto

tiaraprin said:
You are right, she is down right scary?? Is she related to the old ironhorse, Otto Von Bismarck from the 19th century?
Gunilla von Bismarck is his great-granddaughter. Born in 1949, Wikipedia describes her as a "German philanthropist". But then we shouldn't be too cynical and judge her on her hair and mascara on a rainy day as she may well do lots of good works.

Warren said:
Gunilla von Bismarck is his great-granddaughter. Born in 1949, Wikipedia describes her as a "German philanthropist". But then we shouldn't be too cynical and judge her on her hair and mascara on a rainy day as she may well do lots of good works.

Well it is nice that she does philathropic work.

Warren, it didn't matter about the rain with this look, trust me as a woman. They could have done the hair and tiara much differently and would have been more attractive.

Warren said:
But more importantly, by marrying into a Royal Family Princess Anna is now styled Royal Highness, quite a jump from Serene Highness.

Ohhh!! Prince Manuel is descendant of Queen Isabella II of Spain...
1. QUEEN ISABELA II = FRANCISCO DE ASIS DE BORBÓN
2. INFANTA MARIA DE LA PAZ = PRÍNCIPE LUIS FERNANDO DE BAVIERA
3. ADALBERTO = AUGUSTA, GF. SEEFRIED (grandaughter of archduchess Gisela of Austria, daughter of Sisi)
4. KONSTANTIN = MARIE, PRINCESS OF HOHENZOLLERN-SIGMLEARINGEN
5. LEOPOLD = URSULA MOHLENKAMP
6. MANUEL = ANNA, PRINCESS OF SAYN-WITTGENSTEIN-BERLEBURG
The ascendance of prince Manuel is very brilliant, he descend of Louis XIV, Maria Teresa of Austria, Sisi and Franz Joseph, Carlos III of Spain, Louis I of Bavaria...

so her mom and dad live at Naas , do they have a place in germany also?

According to the Almanach de Gotha, Schloss Wittgenstein, Bad Laasphe, NR-W, Germany.

Princess Anna has two brothers:
• Prince Carl (-Albrecht), b 1976
• Prince August-Frederik, b 1981

I did not like her wedding gown. I simply did not like the style.

It was good to see the Swedish royal family. Victoria's gown and jewels were stunning.

I must agree with all of you about the bride - this is one of the most beautiful and fantastic wedding gowns I've ever seen! I also love the neckline and the ruffles, and the whole overall composition of it just fits the bride so well!

And that bouquet, oh my! Must be on the absolute top of my list! So gorgeous!
Princess Anna's bridal bouquet is spectacular! I like the fact that colored flowers are used. Bridal bouquets do not always have to have white flowers.

Back
Top Bottom