Prince Leka of Albania and Elia Zaharia, 8 October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The dinner , how funny a royal with a red Sash, The Crown Prince of Serbia never found his place.

Near the new weds an old lady in blue and blue hat . She said she was Queen Geraldine's Sister. is that possible ?

Marc 23, they were the first entering . It must be the President of Albania and his wife. Indeed she wears a small tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos and links!:flowers:
I am surprised to see Prince Georg looking scruffy. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna did not look good in a kokoshnik-style headpiece. It is nice to see Prince and Princess Michael attending the event. I wonder if they were sent by the family. Princess Gloria's conservative ensemble and pearls looked lovely.
Prince Michael looked distinguished.

Last edited:
Last edited:
That's an impressive royal turnout for a somewhat obscure and forgotten royal family (even Bristish royals, who knew ?).

Only few woman wearing tiaras.

Princess Michael of Kent, Crown Princess Katherine of Yugoslavia, Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, Crown Princess Margareta of Romania, Duchess of Castro(it looks like that), Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and maybe,I don't see well, Princess Gabriella of Savoy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuRdXkvXEAAKXa9.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuRevnYWAAIpuXY.jpg:large

I can't see if Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis wears tiara.

Besides Crown Princess Margareta, who struck a very regal and dignified look throughout the events, the one that impressed me the most in her emsemble, age and all taken into consideration, is the Empress of Iran, who looks stunning in her layered and inspired dress.
I do agree with those who said the event lacked maybe a certain something, but considering Albanias economic and political woes, I thought the example set by the Prince were exemplary. An attractive wedding that didn't get too grand, a good example of regnal style that would benefit Albania in many ways, with a return to the monarchy under the young heir and his new wife.

This wedding missed a wedding planner.
No religious Wedding ?
The civil wedding took 15 minutes and was the best day of the Lord major of Tirana.
Blauw Bloed wrote that Queen Sophia and Empress Farah waited patiently a long time before the wedding started and did not attend the dinner.
We will see this evening.
Princess Lea did attend with her Friend.

In the video besides the mayor officiating there are clergy on the side from multiple denominations that all speak. They said in advance it would be multi denominational.

The sapphire and diamond small Ram's Head tiara is the only piece left as the floral and diamond Ram's Head tiara was sold at auction in April of this year. My opinion, the bride wearing the small tiara was a lovely tribute to her husband's family and to the Albanian people, even if the people didn't really care.;) My personal like was the diamond floral, but the small tiara has grown on me, but make no mistake, it's a hard tiara to wear, the right hairstyle is critical.
I think it was a lovely little wedding and am impressed by the guests invited and present. I have to remember that this isn't the major European Royalty weddings that we've been used to for many years. The couple belong to a Royal Family that has not ruled for eons so we can't expect the pageantry we usually see.

Lalla Meryem's second caftan is much better than the first one. It is unfortunate that we can see a closeup photo of Princess Gloria wearing a tiara.

If you take a look at the second picture,I think that Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis is also wearing a tiara.

She is standing in the same row as Princess Gloria,just right to the end of the picture.

Last edited:
Funny to see Princess Léa of Belgium without any orders,perhaps she was never given any?

Funny to see Princess Léa of Belgium without any orders,perhaps she was never given any?

None of the children from the second marriage of King Léopold III have received an Order. They are not enlisted in the Leopoldsorde/Ordre de Léopold or the Kroonorde/Ordre de la couronne. As Prince Alexander, Princess Marie-Christine and Princess Marie-Esméralda never were part of official representations, they also never received a foreign decoration.

Last edited:
:previous:
Princess Gloria's tiara was rather small. I thought she had grander tiaras. The pearls were magnificent though.

Last edited:
:sad:i crossed my fingers for the sapphire or the emeralds but she let me down with that small tiara almost a brooch .

Last edited:
For the Dinner , We saw the main table and they were other tables in another Room.
The sitting at the main table was a chaos...specially for the Crown Princes of Serbia
The dress code white tie for the Royals and others was a problem .
At the table of the Crown Princesses was the half Sister of Queen Geraldine.
She wore a blue dress and a hat.

Prince Gundakar and Princess Marie of Liechtenstein, née Princess of France with their daughter. Btw could her tiara be the diamond haircomb tiara from the late Countess of Paris? it ws inherited by the presente Comte and worn by his second wife as choker a few times.
Wasn't that haircomb severely changed? They had exchanged the central diamond for an emerald and cut of parts of the jewel at both sides. I can't imagine that this is the old french haircomb.

At the Württemberg-Wied pre-wedding the Princess wore a tiara with three opaque green stones. The tiara outline seems identical to me, so I think it might be that tiara.

Last edited:
That's an impressive royal turnout for a somewhat obscure and forgotten royal family (even Bristish royals, who knew ?).

I can imagine that Prince and Princess Michael were there because of Prince Michael's interest in Russia, as I noticed that there were a couple of Russian guests at Leka and Elia's wedding too. Therefore they were most likely there for personal reasons rather than official reasons, because, like you said, this is a non-reigning wedding.

although like i said before, i did not think much of either one of elia's wedding dresses, i have to say that the first dress actually improved a bit when i saw elia 'repeating it' for the wedding banquet later on in the day with her hair down. i don't know what it was exactly that made the difference (the hairdo, the lack of veil... or possibly the fact that the re were fewer pictures :) ) but i think it looked a lot better at this second appearance than it did in the actual ceremony. the silhouette reminded me slightly of kate's wedding dress, with the tight waistline, petite bodice and the large skirt. needless to say however, i very much preferred kate's: the fact that kate's was made by a world-renowned fashion designer, as opposed to one having a penchant for showing too much skin off with her models probably has something to do with that.

I can imagine that Prince and Princess Michael were there because of Prince Michael's interest in Russia, as I noticed that there were a couple of Russian guests at Leka and Elia's wedding too. Therefore they were most likely there for personal reasons rather than official reasons, because, like you said, this is a non-reigning wedding.

Prince Leka was living in Britain while attending Royal Academy in Sandhurst, so maybe during this time he became acquainted with some British royals and nobles (Lady Victoria Hervey).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom