The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Gentry

Prince Jean of France and Philomena de Tornos: 19 March and 2 May 2009

The civil weddeing is over and i thought some of you might be interested in knowing that the bride wore a dress by Christian Lacroix, and a lot of members of the orleans family were present.
The comte de Paris and his wife
, the duchesse de Montpensier (first wife), princess marie (groom sister)duke and duchess of orléans, their sons Charles Louis and Foulques, princess chantal and her daugther Kildine, prince François (brother of Charles Philippe) prince Eudes and princess Marie Liesse;
Sorry for some of you, but Rachida dati was really perfect she used both forms in her speech adressing to the prince with, first "Monsieur Jean d'Orléans" which is legal, and immediately after , adding, "Monseigneur" which is etiquette. She mentionned that she had been surprised to be asked to perform that wedding, but the she thought that it was the right tyhing, the orléans name beeing a symbol of liberalism, that her beeing the mayor, and the prince beeing the groom, all the traditions of France were united today in this wedding; Which, according to me, is absolutely true.
The the doors of the garden were opened and every body went there with Rachida; alltogther there were around 60 to 70 people; One the prince aunts, told rachida dati that she was much better looking than on the photographs and they both laighed. then there was a reception at one of the prince's aunts house, (not princess chantal as mentionned on a french board) but at the marquise de Dreux Brézé 's house. She is a first cousin of the current comte de paris.
I have not seen the ring yet, but id did see the emeralds princesse Marie, princess gindakar of Liechtenstein wore on her ears, neck, finger and wrist, and they were very nice.
Untill next time

Old 03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, I was at the exit of the town hall of the VIIe to see the family of France, Jean de France and Philomena de Tornos.
Vincent said all.
I was a bit disappointed when Philomena went out of the town hall because she very quickly get into a car and leaved the place.
But fortunately Prince Jean went out the last one (after the famous journalist of the gotha Stephane Bern!) with a big smile for everybody.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Lots of pictures: BelgaPicture - Category details

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for the report and the photos (esp. as it came in quite handy for this TRF blog entry ). I wondered if the count of Clermont and princess Blanche attended too?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Aristocracy

Vincent, I have a question for you ; do you know why Philomena and Prince Jean went out of the town hall separately? (I think he joined her quicky after the ceremony into the car but I was a bit surprised)

And for those who want, here is Stéphane Bern's chronicle of the civil wedding (he was present) : Le gotha, le site officiel de Stéphane Bern - Royal News
Old 03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the Orleans's important family events.. They are there with children and grandchildren (Chantal seems so happy)..I appreciate the attitude of the Count de Paris, his wife and the Duchess of Montpensier.. and I apologize for what I wrote about Mme la Ministre Rachida Dati..
Old 03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

Marie-Thérèse of Wurtemberg, the Duchess of Montpensier, was very applauded when she came out, at the opposite of the Count and the Countess of Paris...
Old 03-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Gentry

VHF 78, i really can not answer this question, allthough i know the answer. Let's say that if you think about it for a while,you will find the answer; It has been answered by someone called charles on a french forum which i am sure you know.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Being a bit nosy, I searched the web and found ... sans doute Jean de France et Philomena de Tornos : la photo des mariés | Noblesse & Royautés
Old 03-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am so glad that the groom's mother has been so much applauded. She deserves it !
Old 03-21-2009, 05:47 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you vincent, I have my answer and I understand why you couldn't give me this answer.

And here is an article about the civil wedding in the newspaper Le Figaro : Le Figaro - France : Rachida Dati mariele Dauphin Jean d'Orléans
Old 03-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

More photos with Identifications:
Sipa Press Search Results
Does anyone know if the grooms siblings François and Blanche where also present?

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you so much for these wonderful pix ! Very nice couple and how lovely to see the Duchesse of Montpensier smiling and happy !
Old 03-22-2009, 05:24 AM
Aristocracy

Here is another link for the civil wedding from ¡Hola! with three nice pictures : LAS FOTOGRAFÍAS DE LA BODA CIVIL DE JEAN DE ORLEANS Y FILOMENA DE HORNOS STEINHART EN PARÍS

A picture of Philomena, Marie-Liesse of Rohan-Chabot, the duchess of Angoulême, wife of the prince Eudes and her sister Maria Magdalena in the lounge of the shop Christian Lacroix.
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr...nalacroix2.jpg
The two sisters-in-law are really close.
On the photo they are looking at the drawings for the clothes of the children for the day of the religious wedding in the cathedral of Senlis the next 2 may.

Copyright photo : Sipa, from : Noblesse & Royautés
Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice pix, I must admit she has singlehandedly move my interest again back to the French royal family. She is very pretty and likeable
Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Commoner

Vincent, can you please give me a link to some french forums in which they talk about the family of France, or where can I get some old photos of them.
Thank you very much.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am not vincent but I suppose this is the website: royaute2 : royaute2
Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Commoner

Thank you Marengo, do you think that to participate there I must have a Yahoo mail?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

BTW, nobody told it but this week Point de Vue gave us four pages for the civil wedding of the prince Jean d'Orléans and Philomena de Tornos.
http://www.pointdevue.fr/img/upl/Thu..._3166_couv.jpg
We can, for example, see on a picture the count of Paris discussing with the duchess of Montpensier. And see the duke of Orléans parking his bicycle in front of the town hall!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Thank you for such wonderful photos. Everyone at the wedding looked so relaxed and natural. How times have changed! The weddings of the Orleans family in the past have been so stiff and formal.
I had wondered why the civil ceremony took place now and not the day of the religious ceremony. Now I can see why. The civil ceremony was just family and close friends - very simple but loving with babies attending - very nice.
The day of the religious ceremony will be chaotic I am sure with many guests.
The Count of Paris and the Duchess of Monpensier showed real class and seem to get along well - at least for the sake of their children - good for them!

Tags
duchess of vendome, duke of vendome, house of orleans, orleans