Prince Jean of France and Philomena de Tornos: 19 March and 2 May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

One more thing: Even if an haute couture dress is inspired by a piece in the designer's collection (as they often are), the client can change anything in the design that she doesn't like or that doesn't suit her -- not only the color. For example, if you look at the photo of the wedding dress in the Lacroix haute couture collection, you will see that the bolero had detached sleeves, whereas Philomena's bolero had attached ones. The skirt was also quite different. In other words, each haute couture gown is a specific and unique creation for that particular client -- both in design and fit. In the end, though, what really distinguishes a couture gown is the quality of the workmanship in every single aspect of the piece, and it is nothing short of exquisite.

Vincent, I suspect that Rosario, Princess of Preslav may also wear a good deal of haute couture, although I don't know if the gowns are borrowed. For some time she was officially Valentino's muse, so there may have been a business or public relations aspect involved. As you know, Valentino -- along with Armani and Elie Saab -- are correspondent (foreign) members of the Chambre Syndicale.

The last thing is that I might place the estimate of women who can afford haute couture at a much higher number.... There are probably many wealthy women throughout the world who could afford at least a few pieces, but most of them might not choose to spend their money in this way. I would equate it with buying art -- there are many who may have the financial resources, but not all of them will have the appreciation for it.

I don´like this wedding dress so overelaborate

Well ... it appears that the discussion has taken a rather unusual turn. However, the Chambre Syndicale is an integral part of the French culture. Thanks for providing additional information about the fashion industry!:flowers:

Has anyone seen a picture that shows a good view of the back of the gown, without the little girls?

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Duchess of Vendôme's Gown

I love this dress but definitely not as a wedding gown. I would love to see it worn at a costume party or at a gala at Versailles in the 18th century but not as a wedding dress. What I love most about this look is the jacket. The details are exquisite and I absolutely love the embroidery. Very fairy tail like. The veil is also very beautiful. The tiara however has got to be one of the worst I have ever seen, especially as a wedding tiara. As for her outfit at the civil ceremony, I find it very beautiful, just gorgeous. Nevertheless, I love the historic look of the gown, but it is just too much as a wedding dress.

I do love Sybilla's outfit, particularly the gorgeous rose colored top underneath the white blazer.

Back
Top Bottom